Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Duh Bates

Duh Bates (Page 2)
BadKosh
Professional Poster
Oct 10, 2012, 11:45 AM

I can't wait to watch the clown car wreck, spilling Biden all over the stage.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 10, 2012, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
I can't wait to watch the clown car wreck, spilling Biden all over the stage.
It's one thing to want Biden to lose. I can get that. What I don't get is being giddy about it.

If I ever wanted that much for the Vice President to lose, regardless of who they are, I'd be sad.

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 10, 2012, 04:40 PM

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlwilbVYvUg&feature=share[/VIDEO]

Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Oct 11, 2012, 03:36 AM

I'm just waiting for the gaffe's. I hope we get at least 5-7 of them. After all, it goes for an hour and a half.

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 11, 2012, 04:39 AM

Hmmmm, does that video work for anyone else? It doesn't for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qlwil...&feature=share
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.

andi*pandi
Oct 11, 2012, 06:02 AM

The first one doesn't, but the link does. Maybe it's Flash.

Biden is an experienced Senator. The pup Ryan might get schooled. Could be interesting, either way.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Oct 11, 2012, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
The first one doesn't, but the link does. Maybe it's Flash.
Biden is an experienced Senator. The pup Ryan might get schooled. Could be interesting, either way.
For the general public are these events more about entertainment or information?

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 11, 2012, 01:17 PM

I'd say the VP debates are mostly entertainment. How much does the VP usually matter?

I mean, with anything.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 11, 2012, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
I'd say the VP debates are mostly entertainment. How much does the VP usually matter?
I mean, with anything.
Exception to Palin, I imagine.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 11, 2012, 01:40 PM

Yes. Cheney as well.

If we can thank Obama for anything, it's relegating the role of VP back to meaningless.

Dork.
Professional Poster
Oct 11, 2012, 06:34 PM

I was quite impressed with Mr. Ryan. Maybe the Republican ticket is backwards?

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Oct 12, 2012, 03:29 AM

Last night's debate roundup:

• Debate coaching has never been more apparent in a debate. Ryan was apparently supposed to be cautiously-wonkish and urgent, but positive. Biden was supposed to make up for Obama's lack of passion and the perception of their ticket having lost the first debate by essentially being a dick. Oh and... don't make the mistake Obama made by failing to bring up the 47% comment -- got it?
  • Ryan came off as plastic and uneasy. Ryan was lambasted by Biden on stimulus funds.
  • Biden came off as a drunken prick. Biden was lambasted not as much by Ryan, but by his own stammering, topic avoidance, forgetfulness, and most of the remaining, compelling issues of our time including foreign policy folly of late, Biden's revisionist voting history on Iraq, and health care.

Otherwise, this debate served little more than a net-embarrassment to the highest office of the land and will likely bump neither Romney nor Obama in the polls, as normal.
ebuddy

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Oct 12, 2012, 03:34 AM

Biden continued to claim it was the Repub's fault for lack of fund for the Libyan embassy, even though its been stated numerous times by State Dept officials that funds were never an issue.

They just keep lying about it. Pathetic since the cats out of the bag at this point.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Oct 12, 2012, 03:37 AM

Biden continued to claim it was the Repub's fault for lack of fund for the Libyan embassy, even though its been stated numerous times by State Dept officials that funds were never an issue.
They just keep lying about it. Pathetic since the cats out of the bag at this point.
As I heard from a pundit last night; no one died in Watergate.

Between their blunders on this issue and Fast and Furious, it's becoming increasingly apparent that this Administration is, in the least, destructively inept.
ebuddy

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 12, 2012, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by ebuddy View Post
As I heard from a pundit last night; no one died in Watergate.
You got a little note to that effect slipped into your pack as you boarded the C-141 for Vietnam. Did wonders for draftee morale I'm told.

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 12, 2012, 12:18 PM

When talking about these debates, I have a question for everyone: when faced with non-stop lies from your opponent, how should they respond?

Obama let the lies slide (which is a mistake), and Biden would laugh and interrupt because of the absurdity of the lies. But there has never been a campaign quite like Romney/Ryan. The non-stop mendacious, deliberate bullish!t is simply astounding.

Maybe they should just come out and call them liars.

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 12, 2012, 12:20 PM

Between their blunders on this issue...
Can the real ebuddy come back please? I'm not very fond of "Today's Republican Talking Point" ebuddy.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 12, 2012, 12:52 PM

My 2 cents on the VP debate ....

If you are a fan of the VP hen chances are you were thrilled with his performance. Classic Joe Biden. Folksy, articulate, humorous, talkative ... and feisty enough to offer a rebuttal to everything Ryan threw at him.

If you are a Ryan fan chances are you thought he showed enough competence to be a "heartbeat away from the Presidency" .... even if he seemed a bit stiff and wooden. He held his own but clearly he didn't command the stage.

If you are a fair observer chances are you thought Martha Raddatz was the "winner" of the debate last night because she most definitely controlled the process and asked tough follow-ups to both candidates. A much better moderator performance than Jim Lehrer.

OAW

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 13, 2012, 03:49 AM

Biden also lied about voting against Afghanistan and Iraq, and The HHS mandate.

October 12, 2012

WASHINGTON—The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) issued the following statement, October 12. Full text follows:

Last night, the following statement was made during the Vice Presidential debate regarding the decision of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to force virtually all employers to include sterilization and contraception, including drugs that may cause abortion, in the health insurance coverage they provide their employees:

"With regard to the assault on the Catholic Church, let me make it absolutely clear. No religious institution—Catholic or otherwise, including Catholic social services, Georgetown hospital, Mercy hospital, any hospital—none has to either refer contraception, none has to pay for contraception, none has to be a vehicle to get contraception in any insurance policy they provide. That is a fact. That is a fact."
This is not a fact. The HHS mandate contains a narrow, four-part exemption for certain "religious employers." That exemption was made final in February and does not extend to "Catholic social services, Georgetown hospital, Mercy hospital, any hospital," or any other religious charity that offers its services to all, regardless of the faith of those served.

HHS has proposed an additional "accommodation" for religious organizations like these, which HHS itself describes as "non-exempt." That proposal does not even potentially relieve these organizations from the obligation "to pay for contraception" and "to be a vehicle to get contraception." They will have to serve as a vehicle, because they will still be forced to provide their employees with health coverage, and that coverage will still have to include sterilization, contraception, and abortifacients. They will have to pay for these things, because the premiums that the organizations (and their employees) are required to pay will still be applied, along with other funds, to cover the cost of these drugs and surgeries
45/47

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Oct 13, 2012, 08:53 AM

It's pretty clear that Biden is a lying asshole.

I don't believe Ryan's plans really do much for fixing the debt mess we're in, but at least, he's not the same caliber dishonest career politician asshole as Biden and Obama.

As far as I'm concerned, if all of Washington DC went to hell overnight (like by dropping a nuke), we'd be better off.
We'd get a fresh start, which has got to be better than hoping our current politicians will change and get religion.

-t

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 13, 2012, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
It's pretty clear that Biden is a lying asshole.
I don't believe Ryan's plans really do much for fixing the debt mess we're in, but at least, he's not the same caliber dishonest career politician asshole as Biden and Obama.
So, you're not paying any attention to the ludicrous whoppers that Romney and Ryan peddle without shame?
As far as I'm concerned, if all of Washington DC went to hell overnight (like by dropping a nuke), we'd be better off.

We'd get a fresh start, which has got to be better than hoping our current politicians will change and get religion.
Sure, all those troops overseas and their families, all those foreign ambassadors and their families, they will all be doing much better when they are stranded in foreign hellholes with no income. And all those pensioners and medicare recipients, they will be much better off when the programs they paid into for 65 years just turn off the faucet. And all those federal prisons and federal highways will continue to function just dandy without any money or oversight.

Why does anyone make pointless statements of hyperbole like turtle777 does? What do you think you are accomplishing? You are just flooding the forum with meaningless noise.

stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 13, 2012, 03:18 PM

The one thing positive you can say about Biden and his goofy "drunk uncle" grin and performance:

His teeth were so white, they're voting for Romney.

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 13, 2012, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
Biden also lied about voting against Afghanistan and Iraq, and The HHS mandate.
No, his vote on these never came up at all.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Oct 13, 2012, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by lpkmckenna View Post
You are just flooding the forum with meaningless noise.
Flooding the forums ? When ?

LOL, you're a f*cking moron.

-t

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 13, 2012, 03:49 PM

Flooding the forums ? When ?
LOL, you're a f*cking moron.
-t
I'm also annoyed by my having to remove your stupid "-t" signature every time I quote you. You don't need to do that, we can all see who posted.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Oct 14, 2012, 07:00 AM

No, his vote on these never came up at all.
BZZZT! You are incorrect. Listen to the exchange where Biden starts off; "putting two wars on the credit card..."
ebuddy

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Oct 14, 2012, 07:13 AM

I'm also annoyed by my having to remove your stupid "-t" signature every time I quote you. You don't need to do that, we can all see who posted.
In your usual, sloppy haste to denigrate a poster; you failed to acknowledge whether or not there are others of the preferred-thinking who also do this. It's really nothing to either remove 'OAW' from his posts or leave it in.

No need to be such a cyber-bully.
ebuddy

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Oct 14, 2012, 08:20 AM

Weren't you even slightly tempted to sign that last post with an "-e"?

I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

Cold Warrior
Oct 14, 2012, 05:55 PM

lpk's post didn't warrant the moron reply. Let's watch out for Rule 3.

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 14, 2012, 07:48 PM

In your usual, sloppy haste to denigrate a poster; you failed to acknowledge whether or not there are others of the preferred-thinking who also do this. It's really nothing to either remove 'OAW' from his posts or leave it in.
Sloppiness has nothing to do with it. I almost never quote from OAW, since I rarely debate his posts, so it simply doesn't directly affect me. I still don't understand why he does it.

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 14, 2012, 07:51 PM

BZZZT! You are incorrect. Listen to the exchange where Biden starts off; "putting two wars on the credit card..."
No, you are incorrect. Bush and Co placed those two wars on a credit card by cutting taxes in the middle of two wars. Biden didn't deny voting for those wars, and did not imply that he did.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Oct 15, 2012, 03:15 AM

No, you are incorrect. Bush and Co placed those two wars on a credit card by cutting taxes in the middle of two wars. Biden didn't deny voting for those wars, and did not imply that he did.
Let's just say I'm not shocked at all that you'd be virtually the only one with this take-away mckenna. He did more than imply it, he outright said it. Worse, Biden worked with and voted alongside Congressional leaders and the President to extend the Bush tax cuts across the board in 2010, while still engaged in two wars, and opening up more unprovoked military action against Libya for UK oil.

As if the Vice President's forgetfulness wasn't apparent enough in the stammering and looking down into his podium for the right words to say, he conflated the President's tax proposal to end the Bush tax cuts for those over $250k with Chuck Schumer's tax plan to end them for those over $1 million. After all, he's heard Obama stump on "millionaires paying their fair share" so often that the lie must have become reality. But then, Joe's reality is generally about as unique as yours.

C'mon man, try harder mckenna. Your ilk desperately needs your help this election season.
ebuddy

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 15, 2012, 04:32 AM

It could be that Biff Tannen showed up instead of Biden.

[img]http://media.washtimes.com/media/community/image/2012/10/14/biden_biff_split_screen.jpg
45/47

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 15, 2012, 09:05 AM

Sloppiness has nothing to do with it. I almost never quote from OAW, since I rarely debate his posts, so it simply doesn't directly affect me. I still don't understand why he does it.
The forum has an easy way to search for all the POSTS made by a particular user (e.g. OAW). What it doesn't have is an easy way to search for all the REPLIES directed at a particular user (e.g. OAW). Including my handle in all of my posts dramatically increases my ability to do the latter. So for instance, if I'm looking for something that ebuddy has said that was directed at me I can do so .... provided he doesn't strip 'OAW' out of the quote. It's not foolproof naturally but it's helpful.

OAW

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Oct 15, 2012, 10:22 AM

Ahhh......the leftists' selective attention spans, and comprehension difficulties are in play.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 15, 2012, 10:58 AM

Huh?

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Oct 16, 2012, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by stupendousman View Post
The one thing positive you can say about Biden and his goofy "drunk uncle" grin and performance:
His teeth were so white, they're voting for Romney.
ebuddy

Dork.
Professional Poster
Oct 16, 2012, 05:41 PM

Mitt Romney has binders full of women.

Edit: https://twitter.com/romneysbinder

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 16, 2012, 06:52 PM

I call it like I see it. Which is why in this very thread I said Romney won the first debate. Obama was simply listless and un-energetic and it showed. Maybe he was just tired. Maybe he was unprepared. Regardless ... he got his ass kicked because of it. But the reality here tonight is that Obama just wiped the floor with Romney's ass tonight. Period.

OAW

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Oct 16, 2012, 06:58 PM

"Wiped the floor?" Looked pretty deadlocked to me.

None of us are voting for either of them, though. They're going Green again and I'm voting for T.J. O'Hara.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 16, 2012, 07:37 PM

Didn't watch the first presidential debate.

The 2nd debate was more entertaining than expected. Mitt Romney got his clock cleaned by Pres. Obama.
Bush Tax Cuts == Job Killer
June 2001: 132,047,000 employed
June 2003: 129,839,000 employed
2.21 million jobs were LOST after 2 years of Bush Tax Cuts.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 16, 2012, 07:39 PM

I saw 30 seconds of Obama without sound. He looked awake.

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 16, 2012, 08:29 PM

-t
So turtle is not just a troll, but a terrorist sympathizer who shares the same views as Al Qaeda.

What's the difference between turtle and those who attack us on 9/11? Turtle was hoping for a nuke to go off in Washington DC.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Oct 16, 2012, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by hyteckit View Post
So turtle is not just a troll, but a terrorist sympathizer who shares the same views as Al Qaeda.
What's the difference between turtle and those who attack us on 9/11? Turtle was hoping for a nuke to go off in Washington DC.
How about if he just dropped a nuke down your shorts? That would be enough to make me happy.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 16, 2012, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post
How about if he just dropped a nuke down your shorts? That would be enough to make me happy.
I always enjoy religious nuts calling for the death of others whom they disagree with.

Most happen to be conservative nuts.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 16, 2012, 08:47 PM

"Wiped the floor?" Looked pretty deadlocked to me.
None of us are voting for either of them, though. They're going Green again and I'm voting for T.J. O'Hara.
Deadlocked? Romney exposed on no specifics for his tax plan. Romney's response for pointed questions on if the math adds up for his proposed polices is ... "Of course it adds up!". And then the crusher of them all on the Libya "nontroversy".

Originally Posted by President Obama
Get the transcript.
Not to mention the 47% closing statement.

Classic!

OAW

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 16, 2012, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by OAW View Post
Deadlocked? Romney exposed on no specifics for his tax plan. Romney's response for pointed questions on if the math adds up for his proposed polices is ... "Of course it adds up!".
OAW
No specifics at all.

He just said "Trust me, it'll balance out." Won't get into specifics about deductions and loopholes because he has none.

Mitt Romney says 20% tax cuts across the board. Will close loopholes for the wealthy. Tax rates won't go down for the rich.

Yet, Mitt Romney says the top 5% will continue to pay 60% of the taxes.

Um.. Mitt, that doesn't add up.

If there is a 20% tax cuts for everyone, while closing loopholes for the top 5% so they would be paying about the same rate now, wouldn't the top 5% will pay more than 60% of the taxes?

If the top 5% will continue to pay 60% of the taxes as Mitt Romney has said, it's a 20% tax cut for everyone including the top 5%.

What Mitt Romney says does not add up.

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 16, 2012, 09:18 PM

Did Mitt Romney injure his back or does he always walk as if he has a stick up his butt?

Talk about stiff.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Oct 16, 2012, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by hyteckit View Post
I always enjoy religious nuts calling for the death of others whom they disagree with.
Most happen to be conservative nuts.
Except I'm not a religious nut or a conservative. I just don't like you.
- Thomas Paine

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 16, 2012, 09:33 PM

Except I'm not a religious nut or a conservative. I just don't like you.
What religious nut claims they are a religious nut?

You also claim to be a Democrat. hahaha...

Forum Links
Forum Rules