Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Firefox and Images

Firefox and Images
kylemacr
Mar 7, 2007, 04:03 PM

For some reason, Firefox doesn't, and has never been great at loading images on my MacBook Pro. Right now I'm using 2.0.0.2, but it was just as bad even before when I was using version 1.5. It very often decides that it does not want to load images.

It doesn't put an X or anything that indicates the image could not be loaded, but just doesn't load it, especially on Facebook. I can view the source code and enter the image URL directly, and can then view the image no problem, but in the context of web pages, it's very flaky.

Anyone else have this issue, or perhaps a solution?

voiceofra
Forum Regular
Mar 7, 2007, 06:03 PM

How does Safari do with the same pages?

kylemacr  (op)
Mar 7, 2007, 08:05 PM

Seems to be doing fine. I'll run it for a little while and let you know if it runs into the same problems.

marsbt
Mar 7, 2007, 08:18 PM

did you try creating a new profile and testing? if you are still using the profile which you had with your 1.5 or previous versions there could be something in the profile causing problems. Just a guess because Safari is doing fine.

kylemacr  (op)
Mar 7, 2007, 08:42 PM

I actually just reformatted the computer (not because of this problem), and it still has the problem, even with a completely fresh install of everything.

ghporter
Administrator
Mar 7, 2007, 10:44 PM

I've had absolutely no problems with pictures loading in Firefox on my MBP. However, Facebook has some pretty odd coding (not quite as bad as MySpace) and that may be giving you some problems-Firefox is pretty standards compliant.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

kylemacr  (op)
Mar 7, 2007, 11:18 PM

Hmm... it happens on other pages too, not just FBook... I wonder if it's a certain type of tag that gets it? I've even tried turning off the firewall. Really weird.

Forum Links
Forum Rules