Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Windows XP

Windows XP (Page 4)
billy_2004  (op)
Banned
Dec 31, 2003, 11:12 PM

Are you a Simpsons fan?

Boondoggle
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 31, 2003, 11:13 PM

Well it is nice to see that once again blind faith and Windows are a match made in heaven. The universe is still working properly.

Originally posted by billy_2004:
What you all need is Jesus in your life, my God. You all sit here and crucify me when I have done nothing to you but offer redemption. (In all seriousness....)...face the facts you guys. Apple is gay. Want reasons? I will give you reasons.
REASON #1: I have cut my wrists in front of people to prove my loyalness to Microsoft products. Why? They claimed Apple is better.
REASON #2: I have a strong Christian faith, and further believe that Apple is the devil(hidden beneath shiny buttons and transparant Windows.) I will not degrade myself down the road of sin like you all have.
REASON #3: What is Apple trying to prove by designing desktop computers that look like jube-jubes? Why does Apple design their laptops out of Titanium and Aluminum? If I want my HP shiny I can wrap it in tin foil.(Yet you waste thousands for this kind of "feature.")....*sigh*....scares me how ****ed up people are nowadays.
REASON #4: Dont bullshit yourselves any longer. XP is the one true OS, and OS X WILL die. It IS a fad that will fade away shortly after Longhorns release. You will all come crawling to me on my Windows forum...bleeding, crying, beggiing for forgiveness. You know what? I will kick dirt in your face and take a **** on you. Because you had your chance.
1.25GHz PowerBook

i vostri seni sono spettacolari

Algernnon
Forum Regular
Dec 31, 2003, 11:15 PM

You know what? I will kick dirt in your face and take a **** on you. Because you had your chance.
Wow. Even if you ARE kidding, that's just sick and one of the most non-christian things I've heard in a long time. Freak.

I'm with stupid
---->

Boondoggle
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 31, 2003, 11:19 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by billy_2004:
REASON #1: I have cut my wrists in front of people to prove my loyalness to Microsoft products. Why? They claimed Apple is better.
[/QUOTE

You did about as good a job slitting your wrists as one would expect from a 13 year old windows user. Any mac user worth his salt that cut his wrists wouldn't be here to brag about it.. he'd be dual-booting with the lord.

I say we all pitch in and buy Billy some sharper knives.
1.25GHz PowerBook

i vostri seni sono spettacolari

billy_2004  (op)
Banned
Dec 31, 2003, 11:23 PM

That was very low class of you. I was not expecting a MAC user to sink so low....tssk tssk...do you need a diaper change? Me thinks so...hmmm...

theolein
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 1, 2004, 12:27 AM

Originally posted by Turias:
Uh... isn't that 2?
Now it is
Literally in C that won't compile. How about this one:
Code:
1 #include <stdio.h> 2 #define one 1 3 main (){ 4 printf ("%d++\n",one); 5 }
weird wabbit

theolein
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 1, 2004, 12:55 AM

Originally posted by kindbud:
Mission accomplished.

We now have hard data to reflect the number of Mac-zealots that frequent this forum.

All of you that whined that this thread should be locked fall into the Mac-zealot category.

All of you that lost your cool and posted spastic drivel and criticism are also Mac-zealots.

Those of you who posted multiple times count as 1.5 Mac-zealots.

Thank you for participating in this survey.
Spliff, do us a favour and fuck off, will you. You don't have a point because people on these forums fall for most trolls, even in the lounge when the subject has nothing to do with computers (Try a billy boy session on religion there and watch how it grows, then come back and tell me that they're Mac Zealots).

And be honest, will you. You're trying to tell me that your posts have always been above the post count level?
weird wabbit

billy_2004  (op)
Banned
Jan 1, 2004, 12:58 AM

You seem angry. You need God in your life.

MDA
Forum Regular
Jan 1, 2004, 02:48 AM

And you need a shrink in yours.

alphasubzero949
Mac Elite
Jan 1, 2004, 03:46 AM

ambush
Banned
Jan 1, 2004, 03:55 AM

Where do you want to waste your time today?

DH, do a decent lockination and preserve our sanity.

ambush
Banned
Jan 1, 2004, 03:57 AM

Coming from the guy who said

You know what? I will kick dirt in your face and take a **** on you. Because you had your chance.
Try to make sense, _then_ comeback.

You seem to have serious personality issues... maybe we need to warn your parents.
( Last edited by ambush; Jan 1, 2004 at 04:06 AM. )

bettafish
Jan 1, 2004, 05:49 AM

You need to apologize for all of this, and truly mean it. Then leave..say goodbye.
( Last edited by bettafish; Jan 1, 2004 at 06:17 AM. )

kupan787
Senior User
Jan 1, 2004, 06:18 AM

Originally posted by bettafish:
I would like to say I am truly sorry....for all of this. I shall go now. Goodbye.
And now post edit:

You need to apologize for all of this, and truly mean it. Then leave..say goodbye.
And the slip up has been made. bettafish, the same guy who not to long ago posted the retarted powermac/powerbook rumors (both here and then shortly after at appleinsider) is billy_2004. This was just his new way of getting more attention? Why else would bettafish apologize for anything? He forgot to switch user accounts (back to billy_2004) when making this last post. So he quickly tried to edit, and cover his tracks. But a bit too slow there billy

Mods, any chance I could get some confirmation on this (checking IPs?)

alphasubzero949
Mac Elite
Jan 1, 2004, 06:38 AM

Originally posted by kupan787:
And now post edit:

And the slip up has been made. bettafish, the same guy who not to long ago posted the retarted powermac/powerbook rumors (both here and then shortly after at appleinsider) is billy_2004. This was just his new way of getting more attention? Why else would bettafish apologize for anything? He forgot to switch user accounts (back to billy_2004) when making this last post. So he quickly tried to edit, and cover his tracks. But a bit too slow there billy

Mods, any chance I could get some confirmation on this (checking IPs?)

Link
Professional Poster
Jan 1, 2004, 08:39 AM

Dear jackass

I want my 5 minutes back!
Aloha

Xerxes
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 1, 2004, 10:50 AM

Lead by example Billy. You preach God but talk so much crap it makes your faith look like a joke.

Perhaps you need to find God?

You can start by looking in that lovely God-made machine the G5...

X

dr. zoidberg
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 1, 2004, 11:29 AM

well well. so here�s the confirmation that billy_bettafish does have some more apple-gear ...

i think this hilarious thread is even worth becoming a sticky.
"And Zapp Brannigan, your score qualifies you as assistant delivery boy, second class."
"Hmm. I guess I'll have to sleep my way to the top. Kif, wake me when I'm there."

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Jan 1, 2004, 01:41 PM

Originally posted by yazoo:
this sig
too big
"You rise," he said, "like Aurora."

Johnny_B
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 1, 2004, 01:50 PM

Humanity
Mac Pro 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core, Nvidia GeForce 8800GT

Langdon
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 1, 2004, 03:45 PM

What the hell is this
http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.p...01#post1767632

Dont go for a PC. You wont be getting your moneys worth. For the amount of anger and resentment you go through simply installing drivers for the digital camera...you will have regretted purchasing it. Definetly go for the Mac. I personally recommend an ibook(clamshell), as their considerably cheap in price, and are perfect for running OS X. Their all very durable. Again, good luck in your final desicion, let us know what you have purchased in the end!

Xerxes
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 1, 2004, 03:50 PM

Originally posted by Langdon:
What the hell is this
http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.p...01#post1767632
That is funny. This guy is a complete fruitcake.....schizophrenic...

X

Peabo
Senior User
Jan 1, 2004, 04:32 PM

I can see 2 possibilities:

1) His little bro got hold of the computer
2) He was bored

either way, I found this thread highly entertaining.
LC 16Mhz • LC 475 25Mhz • Centris 650 25Mhz • Performa 6200/75Mhz • G3 266Mhz • Snow iMac DVSE 500Mhz
G4 QS 733Mhz • 17" Powerbook 1.33Ghz • 15" MacBook Pro Core Duo 2.16Ghz • Mac Pro 8-Core 3.0 Ghz

bettafish
Jan 1, 2004, 05:05 PM

I wont even both trying to explain this. You wouldnt believe me if I told you.

billy_2004  (op)
Banned
Jan 1, 2004, 05:10 PM

Shut up! We must tell them...they must know

bettafish
Jan 1, 2004, 05:11 PM

NO!!!! Then...they...will...KILL US! ...and we wont have...the precious..

billy_2004  (op)
Banned
Jan 1, 2004, 05:12 PM

The precious is already ours...all we have to do is destroy their precious G5's...

bettafish
Jan 1, 2004, 05:14 PM

NOOO!!! Dont kill the G5!...i dont want to kill it *pants*...go away go away!!!

billy_2004  (op)
Banned
Jan 1, 2004, 05:16 PM

SHUT UP! Listen to mmmeee! your nothing without me! *muahahaha!!!* Apple is BAD...destroy them and we get the precious...

theolein
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 1, 2004, 06:00 PM

I found God and he told me to skin you alive.
weird wabbit

Macpilot
Mac Elite
Jan 1, 2004, 08:07 PM

Your an ignorant bastard.
And you are so eloquent and educated in the basics of English grammar.

Try "you're", not "your", dumb-ass.

I guess that your grammar-checker in your fantastic Windows XP machine has crashed?
MacBook Pro
Mac Mini

Peabo
Senior User
Jan 1, 2004, 11:48 PM

lol Gollum is funny
LC 16Mhz • LC 475 25Mhz • Centris 650 25Mhz • Performa 6200/75Mhz • G3 266Mhz • Snow iMac DVSE 500Mhz
G4 QS 733Mhz • 17" Powerbook 1.33Ghz • 15" MacBook Pro Core Duo 2.16Ghz • Mac Pro 8-Core 3.0 Ghz

Don Pickett
Professional Poster
Jan 2, 2004, 02:14 AM

There should be a "Trolling" forum.

bettafish
Jan 2, 2004, 07:17 PM

JUSTICE HAS BEEN DONE

sushiism
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 2, 2004, 08:47 PM

if your slitting your wrists its down the road not across the road. if you do it across you probably wont die from it, while down thne yeah you probably will

just a hint if your doing it again

Nonsuch
Professional Poster
Jan 2, 2004, 09:13 PM

What a lousy excuse for a troll thread. We need Kelly Hogan or Codename back.

Originally posted by si_lance:
If you're wondering, I'm a software engineer working for the largest software company not currently under criminal investigation.
Laughed out loud at that.
Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them.

-- Frederick Douglass, 1857

DavidHossack
Forum Regular
Jan 2, 2004, 09:34 PM

Came to this one late-

hehe. Some troll. Didn't he really come up with some poor points. I remember the hoo-ha when MS revealed the XP GUI. Still doesn't look any smoother. I think billy should sort out his multiple personality disorder then go and upgrade his os on his G4 to Jag or Panther (I am still at Jag on my Dual USB iBook). He will then notice the superior OS.
David.

malarkyout
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 2, 2004, 09:53 PM

This thread has since moved past the fact that XP sucks, but my college forced me to buy a PC laptop, I would like to think that it being a 1.4Ghz with 512 MB of RAM and a Geforce 3 with I think 64MB onboard RAM and XP, that I would have a beast of a machine that never lagged and would be better than my 400Mhz orginal G4 tower.

Every time I go onto the internet with it I have to run msconfig and Ad-Aware because some website is trashing my performance with some leech program. That is still the least of my worries, because PC hardware SUCKS, I have a laptop that is brand new but its onboard battery charging architecture is blown, so if I am not plugged in to AC I can't use my laptop, I now have essentially a $2500 desktop with a crappy keyboard...... the joys of owning a brand new PC. Right now I am typing this all on a G4/400Mhz Sawtooth, 230GB HD, 640MB RAM.... its 4 years old and NONE of it hardware has failed, even though I installed PCI cards, RAM, and HDs.

If it wasn't for counter-strike I wouldn't touch that PC.

Also should I upgrade to Panther even though I have an older G4? I got Jaguar right now and its pretty good, not that great for gaming though damn ATI Rage Pro 16MB.

bettafish
Jan 2, 2004, 10:08 PM

Haha, that makes me laugh my ass off. You use your PC for counterstrike. See? PC's are the best. Why? Because you can do things that you love on them. Unlike the Mac which you cannot. You can only press F9, F10, and F11 so many times. Cmon you guys, give it a rest, Panther is the ****ing lamest piece of **** I have ever seen. Mac needs to get a brain. And so do you hogwheels. I recommend HP's for everyone, now THATS a real machine.

Back up 15 and punt
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 2, 2004, 10:47 PM

Haha, that makes me laugh my ass off. You use your PC for counterstrike. See? PC's are the best. Why? Because you can do things that you love on them. Unlike the Mac which you cannot. You can only press F9, F10, and F11 so many times. Cmon you guys, give it a rest, Panther is the ****ing lamest piece of **** I have ever seen. Mac needs to get a brain. And so do you hogwheels. I recommend HP's for everyone, now THATS a real machine.
Hey boy or what ever you are. I use to sell HP's. In fact, when HP produced the first P4's 9 out 10 of them came back. I seriously doubt Apple has ever had a problem of this magnitude with any of it machines. But the story doesn't end their because I represented HP at several different retail stores and there were times that I wouldn't sell any HP laptop or desktop because they were usually broken out of the box.

I remember I had a customer come in and purchase a high end laptop. The store ended up opening six seperate boxes before it found one that worked. Get a life. Get a MAC.

malarkyout
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 2, 2004, 11:26 PM

maybe you missed the point, the only real reason I still boot up that laptop is to play Counter-Strike, but when it comes to everything else I use mac.

you know on the Bond movie Goldeneye they have that EMP weapon, I wonder if one of those could rid us Microsoft's office.

billy_2004  (op)
Banned
Jan 2, 2004, 11:44 PM

Why dont you all just shut the **** up. You have no idea what i am going through. And if you were all smart, you would just shut up. SHUT THE **** UP!!!! YOU MOTHER****ING ****ERS!!!!!! **** YOU ALL! **** OFF!!!!!!!! IM GONNA SLIT MA WRISTS BIATCHES! SHOVE A DILDO UP UR ASSSSSS!!!!!! ****!

ambush
Banned
Jan 3, 2004, 12:42 AM

You have no idea what i am going through. And if you were all smart, you would just shut up.
<serious>
you look like someone with severe personality disorders.. maybe you should seek help?</serious>

kupan787
Senior User
Jan 3, 2004, 03:15 AM

Originally posted by ambush:
<serious>
you look like someone with severe personality disorders.. maybe you should seek help?</serious>
No, he looks like someone that got found out, and in an effort to try and save face (or something) he is acting like a major dumb-ass to get banned. On one hand I am schocked this thread is still here (if not locked at least moved). But at the same time maybe it is good. It means the Mods actually got some time off to spend with family over the holidays

theolein
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 3, 2004, 06:57 AM

Why dont you all just shut the **** up. You have no idea what i am going through. And if you were all smart, you would just shut up. SHUT THE **** UP!!!! YOU MOTHER****ING ****ERS!!!!!! **** YOU ALL! **** OFF!!!!!!!! IM GONNA SLIT MA WRISTS BIATCHES! SHOVE A DILDO UP UR ASSSSSS!!!!!! ****!
::clicks the report abuse link:: I just wanted to say bye before the mods do. Have a nice day, nice life and a nice time. Hints for your next trolling persona on how to convert Mac people to PCs:

1.Don't be rude
2.Stick to the facts if available
3.Don't flame Macs
4.Find a better sig
5.Grow up
weird wabbit

Hi I'm Ben
Mac Elite
Jan 3, 2004, 11:44 AM

Hahah. Billy you're such a geek.

This message is being typed from my Athlon 2500+ Running Windows XP Professional. But I'm gonna go play on my iBook next because i like that too. God I'm soo stupid... if only i was less ignorant and realized that apple copied xp! oh dear god iTunes sucks and Quicktime is garbage too! OH NO! AND MY DOCK COPIES THE START BAR!!!!!

OH I think i need to go take some asprin these thoughts are so depressing.

Billy have you ever owned a mac? Maybe you've answered this but I didn't feel like reading 200 posts. I'd assume no. I like using all sorts of different OS's. It's fun.

I hope all your internet friends are impressed with your mac bashing posts. I certainly am.

kmkkid
Professional Poster
Jan 3, 2004, 10:02 PM

The funniest thing here is that most everyone in this thread is taking this guy seriously. Can't you tell he's just doing it for kicks?

Too funny.

Chris

Link
Professional Poster
Jan 4, 2004, 07:37 AM

Awww come on km, I'm not.. i still find it funny

See thing is he just said because the PC makes a better toy, that the mac, is in fact a toy in it's own.

Does this mean I shouldn't buy a sun E450 because it can't play counter strike? Geez!
Aloha

billy_2004  (op)
Banned
Jan 4, 2004, 01:52 PM

What? I never said I liked PC's...:S

Jayznkelc
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 4, 2004, 02:07 PM

What? I never said I liked PC's...:S
Pretty funny thread. But come on now, it's over, let it rest in peace.

Forum Links
Forum Rules