Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Happy Ending, New Beginning

Happy Ending, New Beginning
mpancha
Grizzled Veteran
May 6, 2005, 03:24 AM

I've been an on and off member of this forum since my ibook 2001... and I've read and written many a gripe about my ibook(s). Thus far I've went through 2 of them that broke.

I bought my first back in 2001, when the iBooks first came out and it was the greatest, but as time went on little flaws started appearing that annoyed me, but it was okay. It was the first version of a new product, and it did do the job. I ended up trading this laptop for a 94 Chevy Cavalier. Riding the bus to work was no longer an option thanks to a promotion and the necessity to travel between cities to different offices. I wasn't happy to part with my iBook, but you make choices in life.

A few months later, again thanks to the promotion, I saved up enough for an upgraded ibook. I bought it used for 1/2 the price, and the laptop I got was only 6 months old. About a year into that laptop. the dreaded logic board problem set in. I spent the next year patiently stopping by the closest Apple Stores I could get to... sometimes this was up to a 3 hr drive away, but as time passed an Apple store opened up a 5 minute drive away. I stopped by monthly and had them check the status of my ibook series in the logicboard recall. Finally this April 8th, I found out that the 3 yr period of my iBook had passed in the recall. it turned out that the laptop I bought was a refurb, and b/c refurb serial #s begin with an RM and not UV, it was overlooked.

Thanks to the kind folk at the Apple store, and the way that over the past year every agent took notes stating I stopped by to check my status, they waived the fees and sent my ibook in to be repaired. It was repaired, and sent back via DHL. DHL lost the package (or a delivery person took one home). A week later Apple called me and informed me they were sending me a new ibook.

Today I picked up my new 1.2ghz G4 ibook... I didn't realize how much I missed an apple notebook til I turned it on.

Anyways... there is no point to this post other than i wanted to share my story with a happy ending. And to let those who are still having trouble, be persistant, and be nice to the person delivering you any news on your Apple product.

now on to join a few discussions. See everyone around.

Adios.

TimothyJay
May 6, 2005, 09:04 AM

Wow, I'm glad Apple went ahead and just gave you a new iBook! I do also love the Apple notebooks, considering I've been a PC user/owner up until last month when I got an iBook, and last week when I got a PowerBook.

Forum Links
Forum Rules