Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > DLTA Themes in Panther for a Non-Expert

DLTA Themes in Panther for a Non-Expert
Sir Arthur Dent
May 12, 2005, 04:17 PM

Will the last version of Theme Changer work with Tiger? It worked fine in Panther, but I have a feeling too much has changed. I would just swap the files manually if I knew which ones to do.

TheSpaz
Grizzled Veteran
May 12, 2005, 07:41 PM

Hi, I used ThemeChanger for Tiger. It worked great actually...

The only thing I would recommend is... do NOT install Aqua Backup and DO NOT install tcfix.

It worked great for me so good luck. By the way... I used a custom Aqua Extreme converted to Tiger by me because Max is taking too damn long to update his themes... which I don't really understand because there's hardly anything to update... geeze.

.saNNic.
Forum Regular
May 12, 2005, 07:43 PM

Yes, it does still work....... though it will not apply Menu Enhancer customisations. Layo rsrcs 260, 261 and 263 have been deleted so the menus will draw normally.

Other than that....... everything applies as it always did. Remeber to check the main.themescript to edit the OS tags for Tiger.

<10.4>

Sir Arthur Dent  (op)
May 12, 2005, 10:20 PM

Great, thanks for the info.

gruneeitelkeit
May 13, 2005, 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by TheSpaz
Hi, I used ThemeChanger for Tiger. It worked great actually...

I used a custom Aqua Extreme converted to Tiger by me because Max is taking too damn long to update his themes... which I don't really understand because there's hardly anything to update... geeze.
Last time I checked, Max doesn't owe you anything. Just because he made awesome themes for you before does not entitle you to criticism him. I'm sure that Max has a life outside of customizing and I suggest you do to and have a little patience.

TheSpaz
Grizzled Veteran
May 13, 2005, 11:29 PM

Umm... Max has told me himself that Aqua Extreme and Smooth Stripes are both DONE and he just hasn't uploaded them yet... so that's what I don't get.

G0Ducks
Grizzled Veteran
May 14, 2005, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by gruneeitelkeit
Last time I checked, Max doesn't owe you anything. Just because he made awesome themes for you before does not entitle you to criticism him. I'm sure that Max has a life outside of customizing and I suggest you do to and have a little patience.

Gee, thanks dad!

R

bOOzo
Addicted to Themes
May 14, 2005, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by TheSpaz
Umm... Max has told me himself that Aqua Extreme and Smooth Stripes are both DONE and he just hasn't uploaded them yet... so that's what I don't get.
I know I said that, but I found some bugs. And I decided I wanted to release a package installer simultaneously since of some bugs in ShapeShifter that caused grief for me at work. I'm working on that right as we speak.

Also, I don't think you release how much there is to update.. I'm dreading having to update Milk because I'll have to make each tiny change in 20 places.

Forum Links
Forum Rules