Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Backing up Adobe Creative Suite

Backing up Adobe Creative Suite
TimothyJay
May 27, 2005, 10:23 AM

Hello everyone.

I'm trying to backup an original disc(s) of Adobe Creative Suite which we have at work, and I wanted to create a copy of it since normally, the original copy floats around our office and at some point, noone would know where it is. I would hate for our original to get lost, therefore, we'd rather have a copy of it for our employees to use if they ever need to reinstall the softwares.

I know Adobe might have placed a copy protection on their discs since trying to back it up with disk utility was unsuccessful, and so is trying to copy it with Nero on a PC, giving a read error during 92% of the process.

I was wondering if there's any softwares out there that can do the job. I have tried various PC softwares like Nero, CloneCD, and I forget what else, and also Impression and Disk Utility for Mac, and were all unsuccessful.

Any recommendations out there? Thanks.

TimothyJay

mitchell_pgh
Posting Junkie
May 27, 2005, 11:45 AM

I just copy the disc to the HD and burn to a new CD-R.

Works like a charm. There is no copy protection on the CD. It's not hard for them to tell if you stole the HD with the serial number.

:dragonflypro:
Senior User
May 27, 2005, 11:57 AM

Agree.

Use Disk Utility to Make a .dmg of each, then burn each .dmg to a cd-r.

Or, as one of my colleagues did…if you have a DVD burner, just burn all the .dmgs to a DVD and you can mount them all from it when you need to do an install.

Cake.

T

Forum Links
Forum Rules