Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > RENT and Soceity

RENT and Soceity
TurboMac
Forum Regular
Feb 9, 2006, 11:31 AM

I went to see the play RENT last night at the Playhouse theater in Cleveland. I kind of heard it had some scenes about gay people living with AIDS and what not, but I didn't expect it to be all about those subjects. I thought the production was excellent and the perfomers could really blow (No pun inteneded, ok maybe), but come on already.

My wife watches MTV all the time so I am forced (not always) to watch the programs on there. Lately every show (Room Raiders, Next, and real world) have all been centered around gay people? I have no problems with gay folks, my cousin is gay, but there is a line that has been crossed where the media is cramming the gay agenda down my throat and I reall don't appreciate it.

I mean come on, how many people are gay with Aids compared to staight without aids? Probably a good amount, but there are far more people who are straight and don't have diseases. So why am I forced to watch such debauchery? Every channel you switch to ther is some person who is gay? Is it trendy to be gay now? I guess I am missing the importance of being gay has on the nation, and society. I think it is good to keep Aids awareness in the forefront, but when you glorify it how can it be helpful to society? People will think it is ok to be gay (even if they are not) and that it is ok to have aids (Which it is not).

Sorry for the rant, but what does everyone else think?
PowerBook 1.67 - www.qimcoinc.com

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 9, 2006, 11:37 AM

Straight people without AIDS are boring.

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 9, 2006, 11:38 AM

I don't know what everyone else thinks, but I don't think that every time I turn on the tv, there is a gay person trying to show me their "debauchery" and cram it down my throat. I have the ability to decide what I want to watch, and it certainly doesn't include MTV.
Why is there always money for war, but none for education?

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 9, 2006, 11:38 AM

dp.

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 9, 2006, 11:39 AM

I watched a TV show about gay people and it turned me gay.

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Feb 9, 2006, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by TurboMac
My wife watches MTV all the time so I am forced (not always) to watch the programs on there. Lately every show (Room Raiders, Next, and real world) have all been centered around gay people? I have no problems with gay folks, my cousin is gay, but there is a line that has been crossed where the media is cramming the gay agenda down my throat and I reall don't appreciate it.
Your answer is in that paragraph.

Are you man or mouse? Who wears the trousers in your house? Take back control of that remote. If men properly took control of their remotes like they're supposed to there wouldn't be anything gay on TV. And there'd probably be a whole lot less AIDS around.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

TurboMac  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 9, 2006, 11:43 AM

I just think that whoever is marketing gay = Trendy thats all. When in reality it is a lifestyle preference.

And no I have no problems with gay people. At all. Period. Thanks for playing.

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 9, 2006, 11:44 AM

I understand both sides of the issue.

I don't want my kids turning on supposed "family television" during family viewing hours and there is a show with two gay people making out.

I don't want my kids watching two straight people making out either, but at least two straight people making out is easier to explain.

On the other hand, I have gay friends and they are some of the coolest and most creative people that I know.

So...

I guess I just have to <shrug></shrug>

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 9, 2006, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by ort888
I watched a TV show about gay people and it turned me gay.
And I thought I was alone! Whew!

TurboMac  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 9, 2006, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Doofy

Are you man or mouse? Who wears the trousers in your house? Take back control of that remote. If men properly took control of their remotes like they're supposed to there wouldn't be anything gay on TV. And there'd probably be a whole lot less AIDS around.

Dude the only thing I do agree with in this era is that women and men are equal. We both wear pants, how about your family?

Also my wife used to enjoy seeing equality in broadcasting (gays vs non-gays) but even she is tired of how the scales are now tipped to the other side. That is why I posted this because we are trying to understand why this is happening.

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 9, 2006, 11:48 AM

Yeah!

In MY family we have TWO remotes!

EQUALITY RULES!

BlueSky
Mac Elite
Feb 9, 2006, 11:48 AM

I went to see the play RENT last night at the Playhouse theater in Cleveland. I kind of heard it had some scenes about gay people living with AIDS and what not, but I didn't expect it to be all about those subjects. I thought the production was excellent and the perfomers could really blow (No pun inteneded, ok maybe), but come on already.

I mean come on, how many people are gay with Aids compared to staight without aids? Probably a good amount, but there are far more people who are straight and don't have diseases. So why am I forced to watch such debauchery? Every channel you switch to ther is some person who is gay? Is it trendy to be gay now? I guess I am missing the importance of being gay has on the nation, and society. I think it is good to keep Aids awareness in the forefront, but when you glorify it how can it be helpful to society? People will think it is ok to be gay (even if they are not) and that it is ok to have aids (Which it is not).

Sorry for the rant, but what does everyone else think?
Yes, gay is trendy but by now I expected it to be on its way out to make way for, I don't know, old people. It's only the result of one show becoming popular and the rest scurrying to catch up, all for one thing: your money. It's not significant of anything else, just sponsor $$$.

Over on the Discovery channel, about all they do now is home makeover shows. They spot a little success and run with it, or rather run it into the ground.

Gay is wonderful I suppose but I don't go out of my way to watch men behaving like women on the "Queer Eye..." show and others.

It'll pass, like everything else. And morph into something twice as annoying.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Feb 9, 2006, 11:51 AM

Dude the only thing I do agree with in this era is that women and men are equal.
So that's why you're "forced" to watch MTV all the time - because you're equal. What say you "force" her to watch ESPN for 50% of the time to prove your equality?

Also my wife used to enjoy seeing equality in broadcasting (gays vs non-gays) but even she is tired of how the scales are now tipped to the other side. That is why I posted this because we are trying to understand why this is happening.
I just told you why it's happening.

TV companies follow ratings. If "gay" programming is going down well because women have control of the remote (and, let's face it, women are more likely to be the ones watching home makeover shows and being less offended by "gay" activities), they'll put more of it on. Easy equation.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Feb 9, 2006, 11:53 AM

Look, no offense TM, but reread your initial post and tell me how clear you think you're being.

Rent leads you to think about how homosexuality pervades certain cultural aspects you tune into.

Fair enough, but the presence of AIDS in Rent is nowhere in MTV's dating-show repertoire, so why make this connection?

You go on to say that the "media" is cramming a gay agenda down your throat? Yet a select few MTV shows are your main citation.

Then you ask if it's "trendy" to be gay? Are you serious?

1 in 10 people is supposedly gay. This statistic may be far, off, surely.
I doubt that 1 in 10 television shows are based around homosexuality.

You're more apt to notice homosexuality than what you're used to, which may make it stand out to you when it's around. This is a far cry from homosexuality being that prevalent.
"You rise," he said, "like Aurora."

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 9, 2006, 11:56 AM

I just think that whoever is marketing gay = Trendy thats all. When in reality it is a lifestyle preference.

Your post says otherwise, with your use of words like "debauchery". Denial is not a river in Egypt. And when did you choose the "lifestyle preference" to be straight?

Dork.
Professional Poster
Feb 9, 2006, 11:58 AM

So why am I forced to watch such debauchery? Every channel you switch to ther is some person who is gay? Is it trendy to be gay now? I guess I am missing the importance of being gay has on the nation, and society.
Does simply putting a gay person on TV constitute "debauchery"? Is it OK to put a good-looking woman on TV, but only if she's straight? Do you look up the sexual preference of the actors in a movie before seeing it?

I saw Rent a few years ago when the tour came to Rochester. I thought the show was OK, but it didn't bowl me over. I think the most interesting thing about the show was the circumstances around the death of the show's creator and how it made the message of the show a little more relevant.

TurboMac  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 9, 2006, 12:04 PM

I do, but I enjoy Basketball, baseball and Football. When the CAVS are on we are definetly watching it, but I don't really like any sitcoms other than Sienfeld, Everyone loves raymond, and basically all shows that are in syndication. American Idol is about the only current show I enjoy.

misc
Feb 9, 2006, 12:08 PM

In my eyes, Jonathan Larson's RENT is not solely about AIDS and people living with AIDS. The majority of the characters portrayed in the rock opera are either straight or their sexual orientation is not important. As a side note, Jonathan Larson himself was heterosexual.

If you think that the message of RENT is about "gay people living with AIDS and what not" then I suggest you re-watch (or listen) to the musical again. RENT is a very hard musical to understand and takes several watches before you fully understand it.

I currently attend the North Carolina School of the Arts. Over 50% of the male population here is homosexual. Some of my best friends are homosexual. Because of the atmosphere I am currently living in, your original post has stirred up great controversy in me.

"And after we are through, ten years in making it to be the most of glorious debuts."

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Feb 9, 2006, 12:11 PM

Everyone has lease! Lease, lease, lease, lease-lease-lease-lease, lease, lease!

Cuz everybody has AIDS! My father has AIDS! My brother has AIDS! I'm gonna give AIDS to the world! AIDS, AIDS, AIDS, AIDS, AIDS-AIDS-AIDS-AIDS-AIDS, AIDS, AIDS

AIDS!
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

TurboMac  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 9, 2006, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Stradlater
Look, no offense TM, but reread your initial post and tell me how clear you think you're being.

Rent leads you to think about how homosexuality pervades certain cultural aspects you tune into.

Fair enough, but the presence of AIDS in Rent is nowhere in MTV's dating-show repertoire, so why make this connection?

You go on to say that the "media" is cramming a gay agenda down your throat? Yet a select few MTV shows are your main citation.

I doubt that 1 in 10 television shows are based around homosexuality.

You're more apt to notice homosexuality than what you're used to, which may make it stand out to you when it's around. This is a far cry from homosexuality being that prevalent.
None taken, this is an open discussion and you are entitled to your opinion. You are right, my real grudge is with the gay agenda. Not Aids and I shouldn't put the two together. And no I am not alway clear, but I do have an opinion on this subject and you are entitled to your interpritation.

Maybe 1 in 10 tv shows are not about gay folks, but many "Popular" tv shows have to have the token gay guy and it just seems like they are putting themselves out there for big corps to make a buck. Its not right any way you slice it.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 9, 2006, 12:12 PM

Yeah, HGTV is called Homo and Garden Television at my house.
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my band • my web site • my guitar effects • my photos • facebook • brightpoint

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Feb 9, 2006, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by KarlG
Your post says otherwise, with your use of words like "debauchery". Denial is not a river in Egypt. And when did you choose the "lifestyle preference" to be straight?
I think he means flamers. Or something.

As my friend puts it, "You can be gay without setting of the sprinklers."

TurboMac  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 9, 2006, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by olePigeon

Cuz everybody has AIDS! My father has AIDS! My brother has AIDS! I'm gonna give AIDS to the world! AIDS, AIDS, AIDS, AIDS, AIDS-AIDS-AIDS-AIDS-AIDS, AIDS, AIDS

AIDS!

Been watching Team America have we? I have never seen it but I was discussing this topic with someone who has

misc
Feb 9, 2006, 12:16 PM

Maybe 1 in 10 tv shows are not about gay folks, but many "Popular" tv shows have to have the token gay guy and it just seems like they are putting themselves out there for big corps to make a buck. Its not right any way you slice it.
How is this different than a show, let's say The Simpsons where most every male character lives up to the "stupid male" stereotype?

Every successful show (be it film, television, plays, musicals) needs a catch...

"And after we are through, ten years in making it to be the most of glorious debuts."

Dork.
Professional Poster
Feb 9, 2006, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by olePigeon

AIDS!
**** Yeah!

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Feb 9, 2006, 12:27 PM

Been watching Team America have we?

Silky Voice of The Gorn
Mac Elite
Feb 9, 2006, 12:28 PM

TurboMac  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 9, 2006, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by misc
How is this different than a show, let's say The Simpsons where most every male character lives up to the "stupid male" stereotype?

Every successful show (be it film, television, plays, musicals) needs a catch...
I can kind of agree with you there and that is getting old too. I don't watch Everyone loves Raymond anymore becuase at first I thought it was ok that Men are portraied as dumb idiots, but it gets old, just like the token gay person.

I feel as though I have a good understanding of RENT. I know it is not all about gays and Aids. It is a comming of age Rock Opera that delves into todays socitety and what we have to deal with. The main character was not gay, but his friends were. They never said the movie producer guy was gay, but it was inferred. I guess the play just ignited my fire so to say about where media in general is heading. I just don't like it.

Josh Reid
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 9, 2006, 12:52 PM

Turbo, Rent has been around for over TEN YEARS. How is it relevant as to where "media in general is heading", just because you've finally gotten around to seeing it? If you don't like gay people in the media, don't watch it. Just because you are obviously uncomfortable with it doesn't mean everyone else is.

BTW, there is a bit of a problem here...you are only responding to the "obviously" gay guys you see on MTV and other TV shows. The flamers or the characterizations or the stereotypes....but what you don't seem to realize is that you see gay people everyday, everywhere you go, and on television all the time...but you just assume they are straight because in your mind, they don't fit the definition of what a gay person is supposed to be, so the idea of them being gay doesn't even enter your mind as a possibility. This is the one thing so many people are ignorant about..they think the only gay people in the world are the ones with a limp wrist and skin-tight clubbing shirt.

(And not to be rude, but what is anyone over the age of 15 doing watching Room Raiders and Next?)

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Feb 9, 2006, 12:54 PM

If you have to watch it several times in order to understand it - then they shouldn't make you buy more than one ticket.

TurboMac  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 9, 2006, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Josh Reid
Turbo, Rent has been around for over TEN YEARS. How is it relevant as to where "media in general is heading", just because you've finally gotten around to seeing it? If you don't like gay people in the media, don't watch it. Just because you are obviously uncomfortable with it doesn't mean everyone else is.

BTW, there is a bit of a problem here...you are only responding to the "obviously" gay guys you see on MTV and other TV shows. The flamers or the characterizations or the stereotypes....but what you don't seem to realize is that you see gay people everyday, everywhere you go, and on television all the time...but you just assume they are straight because in your mind, they don't fit the definition of what a gay person is supposed to be, so the idea of them being gay doesn't even enter your mind as a possibility. This is the one thing so many people are ignorant about..they think the only gay people in the world are the ones with a limp wrist and skin-tight clubbing shirt.

(And not to be rude, but what is anyone over the age of 15 doing watching Room Raiders and Next?)
This is where you are totally wrong. I have no problem with gay poeple. But like someone else said here you do not have to be setting off fire alarms to be gay. I just feel like we are inendated with something people think is trendy, and it is really something that should not be glorified.

What if everyone was gay? Do you know what would happen? There would be no more civilization. No one would procreate. How can they, they are of the same sex! So I think it is fine if you are gay, just don't try to jam it down my throat!

Also I said RENT just made me take a look at the bigger picture. It wasn't my original intent to compare the two (TV and RENT) It was just the last straw and I wanted to discuss it. I am trying to stay open minded about everything, but when it affects my life I have concerns.

Dork.
Professional Poster
Feb 9, 2006, 01:12 PM

This is where you are totally wrong. I have no problem with gay poeple. But like someone else said here you do not have to be setting off fire alarms to be gay. I just feel like we are inendated with something people think is trendy, and it is really something that should not be glorified.

What if everyone was gay? Do you know what would happen? There would be no more civilization. No one would procreate. How can they, they are of the same sex! So I think it is fine if you are gay, just don't try to jam it down my throat!

Also I said RENT just made me take a look at the bigger picture. It wasn't my original intent to compare the two (TV and RENT) It was just the last straw and I wanted to discuss it. I am trying to stay open minded about everything, but when it affects my life I have concerns.
A little word of advice: If the "gay lifestyle" really offends you so much, you might want to pick another analogy besides "just don't try to jam it down my throat"

By the way, if "people think it's trendy" then it will be all over the media, because the media feeds off trends. Just because this trend is something that is offensive to you doesn't mean society's going down the crapper! It just means that the media is not targeting you with that particular shiny bit.

TurboMac  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 9, 2006, 01:21 PM

I am not offended by being gay or anything of the sort, but I just don't want it taking over all the programing on TV. I am Straight and I would like to watch programs about straight people, and actually I don't mind if people are gay in the programing, but it seems as though that is the premisis of the show. The central plot. I am sure gay peole like to watch programs about gay people. I just feel like the scales are tipped at the moment and it doesn't seem right. I can see if most of the population was gay - then yes most programing s/b of that sort. But that is not the case.

The "Gay Lifestyle" is not offensive to me. But I think it needs to be toned down a little bit. Honestly I have not problem with people being gay. It's their choice. Period.

capuchin
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 9, 2006, 01:25 PM

I'm straight, but I'd like to see more shows featuring hot, wet lesbians.
All opinions are entirely those of my employer. It's not my fault.

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 9, 2006, 01:54 PM

dp.

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 9, 2006, 01:55 PM

I am not offended by being gay or anything of the sort, but I just don't want it taking over all the programing on TV. I am Straight and I would like to watch programs about straight people, and actually I don't mind if people are gay in the programing, but it seems as though that is the premisis of the show. The central plot. I am sure gay peole like to watch programs about gay people. I just feel like the scales are tipped at the moment and it doesn't seem right. I can see if most of the population was gay - then yes most programing s/b of that sort. But that is not the case.

The "Gay Lifestyle" is not offensive to me. But I think it needs to be toned down a little bit. Honestly I have not problem with people being gay. It's their choice. Period.
You need to be more honest with yourself. There is no "gay agenda" (other than the same agenda you have, which is to life your life in peace and undisturbed by those who are different than you). Gays haven't "taken over all the programming on TV." You just want to believe that for some reason, but statiscally it simply isn't true. Somewhere around 5% of the population is gay, yet a vastly larger number of people somehow want to believe that they are being controlled by this miniscule number of people, and that is because they don't have the strength of their own convictions to ignore them. I'm an adult, and I can make my own choices, regardless of what I see on TV. Methinks thou dost protest too much.

James L
Mac Elite
Feb 9, 2006, 01:59 PM

For those interested, this site has the history of the play:

http://www.siteforrent.com/intro.html

I see shows on Broadway each time I go to New York, and RENT has easily become a classic in its short life (by musical standards). I recommend it to those who enjoy musicals in the theater.

I do think the subject matter is unsettling for some people, but it touches on a real part of life.

Homosexuality is nothing to be ashamed or afraid of. It is simply a part of life, and it is a shame that some people are uncomfortable with it. RENT tells the tale of people, at the turn of the century, dealing with life in lower income areas, struggling to be artists, dealing with death and aids. It attempts to treat these topics with respect, and I feel succeeds. Keep in mind that the writing of this play started in the late 80's... a time when hiv was a new thing, often in the media and news.

Do we see more gay relationships and characters on tv today? Sure. Is this a bad thing? I am not sure. There was a time when you wouldn't see people of certain ethnic backgrounds on tv either, except in subservient roles. Maybe tv has finally caught up with the realities of the real world, and in the real world some people are gay.

I am curious though... of the hundreds of tv shows out there, how many shows are actually based around gay characters? I can think of Ellen DeGeneres old sitcom, and Wil and Grace.

What other ones are there? I am sure there are a few more. Does a few out of hundreds constitute "gay people everywhere you turn on tv and in the media?"

I don't think so.

To go back to my question... is seeing more homosexuality on tv a bad thing?

If it is for the purposes of media exploitation, than I say yes.

If it is simply part of a character's development, then I see no problem with it.

Interesting thread.

Cheers,

James

Kevin
Baninated
Feb 9, 2006, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Doofy

Aaah smackabitch that touches mah remote.

Betta know yo place.

Kevin
Baninated
Feb 9, 2006, 02:02 PM

It's the old double standard. It's not that you are sick of it being pushed down your throat, YOU ARE JUST A HOMOPHOBIC BIGGOT~!11`1

But someone mention God on their site and the very same people calling you that, are spazzing out about having reigion shoved down their throats.

But they would never think they were being bigots by doing so.

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 9, 2006, 02:05 PM

And I thought the play was about paying the rent.

Sheesh.

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 9, 2006, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin
It's the old double standard. It's not that you are sick of it being pushed down your throat, YOU ARE JUST A HOMOPHOBIC BIGGOT~!11`1

He went to see the play Kevin. Voluntarily. I doubt he was bundled up by a bunch of gay muscle men, dragged to the theatre, tied to his seat and had his eyes propped open for the duration.

So give it a rest already.

Kevin
Baninated
Feb 9, 2006, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Stradlater
Well yes. More women are more likely to go down on another girl now than say, 20 years ago. Guys are more willing to "experiment" as well than 20 years ago.
Yes the 10% number is waay for off. They say about 1 to 3 %

Kevin
Baninated
Feb 9, 2006, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mastrap
He went to see the play Kevin. Voluntarily. I doubt he was bundled up by a bunch of gay muscle men, dragged to the theatre, tied to his seat and had his eyes propped open for the duration.

So give it a rest already.
Uh, wel.. um, it's a good thing I wasn't saying otherwise Mastrap....

I was jist pointing out a double standard. That is all.

TurboMac  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 9, 2006, 02:14 PM

But someone mention God on their site and the very same people calling you that, are spazzing out about having reigion shoved down their throats.

But they would never think they were being bigots by doing so.
You are real d!ck! Good job.

I am simply talking about the subject at hand, and I figured this was a good place to go to ask opinins on the matter. But people like you are accusing me of something I am not, and that is wrong. Don't accuse people of something you know nothing about. This was a good thread with some really interesting comments, till you popped in, so leave my name out of your mouth.

So it seems as though I am Biggot in your eyes, but in reality I am just trying to explain my feelings on the matter and discuss why I am feeling this way in a civilized manner. I may be wrong, but it is not for you to decide. I just feel inindated at the moment and maybe I just need to change the channel, but that is something I will have to decide on my own.

Thanks for playing!

Kevin
Baninated
Feb 9, 2006, 02:16 PM

I am simply talking about the subject at hand, and I figured this was a good place to go to ask opinins on the matter. But people like you are accusing me of something I am not, and that is wrong. Don't accuse people of something you know nothing about. This was a good thread with some really interesting comments, till you popped in, so leave my name out of your mouth.
Um d000d go back and read. I was taking up for you. Not accussing you of anything.

TurboMac  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 9, 2006, 02:17 PM

Um d000d go back and read. I was taking up for you. Not accussing you of anything.

Ahh you called me a homophobic idiot - Is that not an accusation?

Dork.
Professional Poster
Feb 9, 2006, 02:18 PM

So it seems as though I am Biggot in your eyes, but in reality I am just trying to explain my feelings on the matter and discuss why I am feeling this way in a civilized manner. I may be wrong, but it is not for you to decide. I just feel inindated at the moment and maybe I just need to change the channel, but that is something I will have to decide on my own.

Thanks for playing!
pssst, over here. come closer. make sure nobody's listening, I've got something important to tell you....

he was taking your side, he thinks the rest of us are the ones who are calling you a homophobe!

TurboMac  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 9, 2006, 02:20 PM

I guess I didn't read into his sarcasm. My fault - hopefilly no one was hurt in the makking of this thread!

If Kevin was not accusing me, then I am sorry. Honestly.

Kevin
Baninated
Feb 9, 2006, 02:23 PM

I guess I didn't read into his sarcasm. My fault - hopefilly no one was hurt in the makking of this thread!

If Kevin was not accusing me, then I am sorry. Honestly.
No problem, I've done it before myself.

TurboMac  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 9, 2006, 02:23 PM

I just re-read what you wrote and it all makes sense. I guess I just need to simmer down a little. I probably only read the 1st sentince and made my mind up from that. Thanks for your support! Now I am the D!ck. Way to go Turbo!

Forum Links
Forum Rules