Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > dowloading issue

dowloading issue
andresrodriguez
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 11, 2006, 08:09 PM

Recently I am having specifically a problem with internet downloading I can navigate through the internet but I cannot download programs. I started having the problems after the university started blocking downloads. Now I can not do downloads at home. Does anyone knows how to set the settings to solve the problem ?

I already try on netscape and firefox and the problem is still the same.

ghporter
Administrator
Mar 11, 2006, 10:24 PM

You will have to provide a lot more information. What Mac are you using, and what OS version? What sorts of files are you trying to download, and from where?

And more information about what capabilities you had before your school blocked these downloads would be helpful too.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

andresrodriguez  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 13, 2006, 09:01 AM

I have a Powerbook G4 Processor 1.33Ghz
Memory 768MB DDR SDRAM
MacOS X ver. 10.4.5

Before the blockage I could do any type of download but now I just can download the files coming from the university website. Now I can not do any type of download from any website outside of that.

Recently I am having specifically a problem with internet downloading I can navigate through the internet but I cannot download programs. I started having the problems after the university started blocking downloads. Now I can not do downloads at home. Does anyone knows how to set the settings to solve the problem ?

I already try on netscape and firefox and the problem is still the same.

John Strung
Senior User
Mar 13, 2006, 09:41 AM

Did you by any chance download and install a demo of a program called "SpeedDownload"? When the demo expires it prevents downloading altogether until you properly uninstall the program.

andresrodriguez  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 13, 2006, 03:05 PM

I think I downloaded it but I uninstalled properly is there any missing file that I should look for it

andresrodriguez  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 13, 2006, 03:23 PM

Recently I manage to find some missing files of speed and I erased it and everything is normal now thanks you...

John Strung
Senior User
Mar 15, 2006, 10:37 AM

The creators of Speed Download should be shot.

Sijmen
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 7, 2006, 09:28 AM

Thank you for showing me how to fix that problem! Is there any way of deleting remaining files of apps I have installed and removed afterwards?
Apple Powerbook 17" 1,67 GHz, 2 gig RAM, 100 gig HDD, ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 128MB, Superdrive 8X

Forum Links
Forum Rules