Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Need Resident Evil 5 Partner on 360

Need Resident Evil 5 Partner on 360
ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 13, 2009, 02:12 PM

Okay, here's the deal. I'm really looking forward to playing RE5, but none of my friends are into games or Resident Evil. I want a Co-op partner to play through the game with. Here's the rub though, I don't want any annoying kids, or crazy basement dwelling dweebazoids who take everything super seriously, or people who are irritating in general...

Playing with random people on Xbox Live frightens me, so I'm looking for someone who is normal. Who want's to play this with me? One person, start to finish. Preferably tonight and tomorrow night. Hopefully we can do it in two nights.

Me: 34 years old, not annoying. Not crazy (I promise) Have day job. Will have to play during the evening and weekends. Have a very pregnant wife who isn't into games and wouldn't appreciate me playing late on most nights. Have played every RE game, but am not a crazed RE fanboy. Most of the story is a big blur to me to be honest. I'm good at games but not some sort of prodigy. I play for fun. I don't take it very seriously.

You: Not annoying. Not crazy. Willing to stick to a schedule. Preferable someone who I recognize and know on the boards. Won't take it to seriously. Want's to have fun.

When: (All times Central USA) I can play tonight, after 7pm or so. Willing to play late into the night tonight. Can play tomorrow evening as well... into the wee hours of the night. Hopefully we can beat the game in these two days, but if we can't, it starts to get a little more touchy. On weeknights I need to start at around 7 and can't play past 10 or so. I can't play Tuesday at all and other nights might be touch and go.

Okay, so I know this might sound weird, but that's what I want. If anyone can accommodate me and wants to try and plow through this thing tonight and tomorrow night let me know. If you are interested please tell me a little about yourself and when you can play. Again, no dwebazoids. (You know who you are...)

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

Dakar V
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 13, 2009, 02:14 PM

Wow, we just got our first craiglist-like ad.

Just another reason why the awesomeness of the Gaming Forum can not be remerged with the Lounge.

Edit: I hope you assumed my reply was off-topic before clicking the thread to see the reply, Ort.

ort888  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 13, 2009, 02:56 PM

I'm also looking for someone who is into pony play, but I think that should go on a different board.

sek929
Posting Junkie

Being unemployed means I'd love to play with you, if you bought me the game of course.

Dakar V
Addicted to MacNN

Once again, very craigslist.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Mar 13, 2009, 04:31 PM

Flagged for best-of.

Rumor
Mar 15, 2009, 04:19 AM

I sent you a request. My tag is IP Freley.
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

ort888  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 15, 2009, 08:47 PM

Beat it this weekend. It's pretty much a soulless remake of RE4 with co-op play. It seriously does absolutely nothing new. It's the exact same game, only in Africa, and with amazing graphics.

It's still fun, but don't have huge expectations.

Dakar V
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 7, 2009, 04:17 PM

So, any thoughts on the RE Multi DLC dust-up? It just released today to some very odd circumstances:

$5 for 360 & PS3 except:
$2 for Japan
PS3 players get dedicated servers.

I don't have enough info to speak on the fact that its only 2MB.

klb5090
Mac Elite
Apr 7, 2009, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Dakar V View Post

I don't have enough info to speak on the fact that its only 2MB.
makes me think it was supposed to be included in the original disc release but capcom was looking for some extra cash

bolac301
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 30, 2009, 05:44 PM

i will play with you. my xbox live user name is bolac301 . i am online sometime from 4:30 and 9:30.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Apr 30, 2009, 05:50 PM

I think he's probably beaten it by now.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Forum Links
Forum Rules