Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > mac hater movie made on a mac....

mac hater movie made on a mac....
alerosport
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 11, 2004, 02:39 AM

Not sure if you all have seen this lil movie, but it was brought up at aleromod.com, and ofcouse all them windows guys on that site loved it, i thought the guy just a dumbass

http://members.cox.net/clyqz/macs.html

duno if this post in the right area
http://homepage.mac.com/
ashmc84/AleroSport/signature.jpg
PB 1GHz 768Ram 80 Gig

MacsGalor
Senior User
Apr 11, 2004, 02:40 AM

Yeah it been on here several times, I always think that it is just stupid

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Apr 11, 2004, 03:16 AM

That guy needs a punch in the nuts.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

Link
Professional Poster
Apr 11, 2004, 04:45 AM

The guy is funny. Anyone who uses that as the primary evidence that macs suck needs a punch in the face, however
Aloha

alerosport  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 11, 2004, 01:02 PM

i didn't know how long that was around, im not on here enough. Yeah it was was a topic at aleromod.com for all you mac hatters or soemthing it was titled. theres about a total of 2 or 3 of us that like macs on that site lol,

One of the guys is puttina a touch screen in his with a ibook 800 refirbished so he can have mp3's and dvds at hand, and GPS purdy kewl

http://invision.aleromod.com/index.p...topic=2796&hl=

http://invision.aleromod.com/uploads...1080788056.jpg

http://invision.aleromod.com/uploads...1081644941.jpg
id like to do the same ^
http://homepage.mac.com/
ashmc84/AleroSport/signature.jpg
PB 1GHz 768Ram 80 Gig

DoGoodDrugs
Apr 11, 2004, 02:31 PM

lmao, i love it, i think thats the funniest movie ive ever seen.

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Apr 11, 2004, 02:42 PM

Then your sense of humor is lacking.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

faragbre967
Senior User
Apr 11, 2004, 03:27 PM

The Jack Russell ****ing terrier bit was funny. Other than that though it seemed the guy was mixing OS 9 and X together a lot. And notice how he said if you know DOS you can do anything with a PC? Doesn't the same go for UNIX, and isn't the entire point of the Macintosh to not have to learn DOS/UNIX?

DeathToWindows
Professional Poster
Apr 11, 2004, 03:33 PM

been there, seen that.

Don't try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

gorickey
Posting Junkie
Apr 11, 2004, 03:39 PM

He's exactly right on ALL points...

insha
Senior User
Apr 11, 2004, 07:13 PM

saw it for the first here and WTF was that? Overall this thing sucked.

What was his point?!?! I have deleted and recovered files plenty of times. Anyway, if it is all true, which I doubt, then why the fsck did he put this whole thing together on a Mac?!?!

Fscking peecee trolls

Somebody (from the Mac community) needs to do something (humorously) better (and bigger) to drown these windoze trolls... oh wait I guess we don't have to; Microsolth has already done that for us by having them use windoze!

Bwahahahahahahahahah!

Beewee
Mac Elite
Apr 11, 2004, 10:49 PM

I've seen this movie before. It would have been a good satire if anything he said was true.
I actually opened software update, and tried to do what he said about renaming files in software update and couldn't do it; he said he did it by accident and I tried to do it on purpose and got no results.

Same thing with the CD copy on the desktop. I have no idea what the **** he is talking about. Probably meant more for a reaction than for any truth value. Basically most of the stuff he mentioned was either a lie (in my opinion, as I have never experienced it) or could be easily remedied by changing settings, which anyone with half a brain and a little intuition could do.

Some people will do anything for attention...

mitchell_pgh
Posting Junkie
Apr 11, 2004, 11:13 PM

Here is a breakdown of the whole thing... Everything that he says is in bold.

Editing is all Mac based now... I mean... you know... there are programs out there on the PC but weather you are using Avid or Final Cut Pro, you're working on a Macintosh...

Wrong, plenty of people use Windows for video editing.

Using a Mac is a little different then using a PC, it's not so much operating a computer as it is sort of tricking it, fooling it, into doing what it is you really want to do. Ah, you kind of have to sneak up on a Mac.

Strange, I never have to "trick" my Mac. Maybe in the OS 7-8 days, but that's about the only thing I can think of... and like you don't have to "trick" windows to make it do what you want to do.

I don't feel like I'm operating the Mac so much as I'm just there sharing the Macintosh experience. And if I can do something useful while the Mac is willing so much the better.

Again, he is talking out of his ars.

One of the coolest features of the Macintosh is it's really easy to shut down. Ah, all you have to be doing is using a piece of software and then poof, it's goes away, it's gone, it's shut down. You didn't push any buttons, you didn't close, you didn't even save. It's just gone,

Ummm, "it's just gone?"... You always get some kind of error message.

unless you want to shut down a mac, oh that's a whole 'nother' story. I mean you try to close a program and it locks up and you do that funny, what is it, the cloverleaf period thing. but these unnatural and ultimately useless interrupt keys and then nothing moves you then push the power button and it won't turn off, you go around and unplug it, and you better hope you aren't on a laptop, cause then you have to find the damn battery and try to pull that out or the thing will never shut down.

Has this guy ever tried to push the power button for 5 seconds? It shuts EVERY Mac down. Oh, I'm sorry, you need to read the owners manual to know that... or it's not exactly like Windows

So I put my CD in the CD-ROM tray and I'm copying media off that CD, dragging it on to my desktop, dragging it on to my desktop, dragging it on to my desktop, I eject it and where did my files go? It's the only operating system I know of where click and drag does not mean that You actually copy or move anything NO, you're just making shortcuts to your desktop.

When you are in OS 9 and OS X, dragging a file off of a CD-ROM ALWAYS makes a copy on the desktop. Perhaps he was talking about a zip file? Regardless, yes, this was annoying with floppy drives in OS 8/9. It's not like that in OS X.

So I've got my next CD and I slam it into the CD-ROM tray and loe and behold it starts playing all by itself. I'm looking for a way to turn it off finally out of desperation I click and drag the CD into the garbage can , the system locks up. So I got to the cloverleaf period spacebar thing hoping that I can stop the program and I get a little caution window saying "careful, interrupting this program may lock up the system, I try to click OK, but the system is already locked up.

Bullcrap!

I like the handle here. That's so you can attach a chain and use it as a boat anchor.

Very original

the mac is practicing some kind os bizarre psychological warfare on me because I'm working late at night, and out of the corner of my eye I keep seeing this thing jumping up and down, the update manager is bouncing at the bottom of the screen like a jack [email protected]#$ing terrier

So now it looks like he is jumping OS versions... he is now on OS X.

so I'm looking around in the list of the files trying to find the executable it wants me to update, and if I click on any of one of them by accident, I rename it, "Oh no, it's been renamed nothing it was some kind of important system file and the computer crashes.

When do you EVER need to find an executable where you can rename files? You would have to go out of your way to do that... or just be a fool.

On a PC, no data is really lost

bullcrap...

, I mean, there is a way to undelete a file,

bullcrap...

if you know what you are doing on DOS you can go in and recover anything that has been corrupted. On a mac, if you loose a file, you run to the store and get a copy of the Mac version of Norton Utilities, you run back only to have Norton go "You idiot, you own a macintosh, the file is ****ing gone, it's just gone."

Again, if you know what you are doing, you can usually get a file back on a Mac. If you have more experience on Windows, naturally it's going to be easier. Are we back on OS 9?

Don't have any tools or any kind of buttons or whatever diales or switches on the bottom of the screen, because if you reach for them, the dock menu comes up, you got to like angle around and slide and dodge the thing to get to the control, it's kind of like boxing with your computer.

OK, I guess so, what application has switches down there. He could always keep the dock on a side or wherever, but I'm guessing he is anal.

I can put it on the bottom, I can put it on the left I can put it on the right, but NO, I can't put it on the top, that's reserved for the mighty blue apple.

Grrrr...

My name is Hunter Cressel, I'm an edditor, and I cut everything you saw tonight on a Macintosh.

Mac kills my inner child.

brapper
Professional Poster
Apr 11, 2004, 11:18 PM

that guy is suuuuper cool.
and so whitty!

mitchell_pgh
Posting Junkie
Apr 11, 2004, 11:30 PM

Tulkas
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 12, 2004, 12:22 AM

Oh lighten up. Its funny because its not true... sheesh.

Do have to agree about only one key command: reset the pram. I hate that.

He did kill an imac, so I may hunt him down and kill him later.

Those cows won't know what hit 'em. They won't know what hit them even after it hits them, because they're cows.

mitchell_pgh
Posting Junkie
Apr 12, 2004, 07:39 AM

Originally posted by Tulkas:
Oh lighten up. Its funny because its not true... sheesh.

Do have to agree about only one key command: reset the pram. I hate that.

He did kill an imac, so I may hunt him down and kill him later.
It would have been more funny if he didn't make most of it up.

Link
Professional Poster
Apr 12, 2004, 07:53 AM

Actually when I first watched this, I decided to slow down on the part where he throws the imac..

It's empty. Take a closer look
Aloha

Peter
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 12, 2004, 05:57 PM

Originally posted by Link:
Actually when I first watched this, I decided to slow down on the part where he throws the imac..

It's empty. Take a closer look

you have too much time... Get a job/girlfriend/life
we don't have time to stop for gas

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Apr 12, 2004, 06:17 PM

Originally posted by PeterClark2002:
you have too much time... Get a job/girlfriend/life
Boyfriend.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 12, 2004, 08:52 PM

never seen that...i don't get it. i think that guy road on the short bus.

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

ryju
Professional Poster
Apr 12, 2004, 08:55 PM

The sad thing is PC users will see this and believe it's all true. I remember my friends doing this...

Eriamjh
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 12, 2004, 09:04 PM

There's a video version of this for windows. It's five hours long!

I'm a bird. I am the 1% (of pets).

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Apr 12, 2004, 09:09 PM

Originally posted by Eriamjh:
Hahahahaha!
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

mitchell_pgh
Posting Junkie
Apr 12, 2004, 09:22 PM

Originally posted by Eriamjh:
I thought it was a joke starting back in 1995... and still going today...

Forum Links
Forum Rules