Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Correct iPhoto Dates?

Correct iPhoto Dates?
fobside
Mac Elite
Jan 16, 2006, 01:01 AM

I have some images that are imported into iPhoto, but they are not correctly ordered. I want to know how I can change the date that iPhoto is reading, because they're showing up in the wrong order chronologically, which really defeats the purpose of importing into iPhoto. Can anyone help me on this? I don't know if it's even possible through iPhoto. I have iLife 06 if it matters.

Thanks in advance for any help.

TeamTC
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 16, 2006, 10:37 AM

It sounds like maybe the dates in the EXIF data are off? (the date that your digital camera tagged the image with when the picture was taken).

I think I am on an older version of iPhoto (still running Panther), but I doubt Apple has done away with the Batch Change command.

If you select the photo where you want to change the date, then select Photo>Batch Change (or just hit Command-Shift-B), iPhoto will let you wholly change the date, or roll the date of the image forward or back.

There's also a freeware program called PhotoInfo (http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/12156) ...that will do the same thing.

I played a similar game when, after I bought my new camera, I mistakenly set the date ahead by one month (so I was able to roll all of the pictures back 1 month).

These batch change methods seem "made" for correcting large groups of data, but if you pick your pictures by "groups" of when they were taken (however small that group might be) and set your dates accordingly, they might give you a good start.

Forum Links
Forum Rules