Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > iPhoto help?

iPhoto help?
TFunkadelic
Forum Regular
Aug 2, 2005, 02:49 AM

When you hook up a card reader to Mac OSX it allows you to access that card reader and view the files in a folder like format with thumbnails. You can then drag and drop the ones yo uwant from the card reader to wherever you want them. I don't have a card reader, however, so I have to plug my camera directly into the computer via USB. This prompts iPhoto (the only way I've found to get them off the camera so far) and that seems to want to make me transfer ALL the pictures EVERY time I connect. This is a pain. Anyone know any better way to transfer photos?

drprat
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 2, 2005, 11:03 AM

I use my Canon's software to download pics. You can set your camera's software to be the default capture program by opening the "Image Capture" application and changing some preferences. Sorry I don't remember the exact steps; I'm presently using a pc.

d.fine
Mac Elite
Aug 2, 2005, 11:13 AM

I get a folder on my desktop when I plug in the camera, iPhoto starts as well, but I just quit it if I don't want to use it, and browse through the folder mounted on the desktop, much like the folder you get when you plug in the card reader. Odd you don't get it when you connect your camera, I've connected 5 different cameras and they all mount a folder on the desktop that I can browse through.

What version of OS X are you running? What camera are you connecting? Can you give is some more info?

stuffing feathers up your b*tt doesn't make you a chicken.

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Aug 2, 2005, 07:18 PM

This forum is only for discussing PowerBook-specific topics. It is not an all-purpose forum for PowerBook users.

tooki

Forum Links
Forum Rules