Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Wierd error almost put me on trouble!!!

Wierd error almost put me on trouble!!!
jeronimo
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 17, 2002, 03:51 PM

Hey everybody,
Last friday I had some trouble with my G4 533 Dual.
Thursday I was on a break btw two sessions in my recording studio and I was importing some audio CDs via iTunes while I had Pro Tools on the background. Pro Tools was idle, just opened with a session opened but idle.
While importing the 2nd CD, iTunes crashed. I needed to re-start the machine w/o saving my session in Pro Tools. After re-boot, everything was fine but the folders inside the iTunes Documents folder. I tried to delete them and I couldn't, it kept giving me some wierd erros when trying to empty the trash. So I gave up trying to empty the trash and kept doing my work. Everything went fine, and at the end of the day I shut down and went home. Next day, when I turn the computer on it started booting up and froze on the startup screen while loading the extentions. I re-started and the computer didn't start up from the partition it should (I have to partitions, one with pro tools and a very slim setup for the extentions, and one for everything else). Then when it finished starting up from the other partition, it said there was a drive that was in an unknown format and was asking me to initialize it. I tried everything from apple, techtool pro, etc. and I couldn't fix it.The problem was:
Invalid Key Lenght 4258
What the hell is that? What could have caused that?
Please guys... help me here...
Think Diferente!

Cipher13
Jun 25, 2002, 03:15 AM

Disk corruption, a file wasn't closed properly?

DiskWarrior can handle it, I think.

<anonymous>
Jun 25, 2002, 01:03 PM

Have you done this yet?

<a href="http://forums.appleinsider.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=000988" target="_blank">http://forums.appleinsider.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=000988</a>

Forum Links
Forum Rules