Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > MB external display color issues??

MB external display color issues??
dmlpbg4
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 28, 2008, 08:41 PM

Anyone have any color accuracy issues hooking an external display to a MB? (i.e. does the x3100 integrated graphic chip provide any color issues that could show up on an external display?)

Would use for photoshop / lightroom.

Thorzdad
Feb 29, 2008, 04:00 PM

Pesonally, I would never think about doing any color-critical work using a MacBook. The MBP, perhaps. There's been an on-again-off-again dispute over whether MB screens can even display "millions" of colors. I seem to recall them only being able to do "thousands" in the control panel.

In any case, I've never been pleased with the color fidelity I've seen on MBs. I've never seen them run an external screen, but I can't imagine it would be any better. If it looks dodgy on the MB's screen, I can't imagine things being better on an external screen.

mduell
Posting Junkie
Feb 29, 2008, 07:40 PM

Forum Links
Forum Rules