Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > Trade Unibody Macbook for last Gen Macbook Pro

Trade Unibody Macbook for last Gen Macbook Pro
jaydon34
Senior User
Dec 7, 2008, 09:41 PM

Interested in trading my new Unibody Macbook for a last generation Macbook Pro. Must have at least 2gb ram and the Nvidia graphics card to be considered.
Contact me on aim jaydon34

Macbook Specs
2ghz 2gb ram 160gb hard drive

( Last edited by jaydon34; Feb 17, 2009 at 01:04 PM. )
myflickr : mytwitter : twentyonethirty
17" Macbook Pro 2.6Ghz 4gb 200GB HD: 8gb Iphone 3g: Hp Mini 1000 Netbook

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 7, 2008, 11:01 PM

Why are you wanting to trade?

jaydon34  (op)
Senior User
Dec 7, 2008, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by brassplayersrock² View Post
Why are you wanting to trade?
I owned a Macbook pro before getting the new Unibody Macbook but recently I've started gaming using bootcamp. When I first purchased the new Macbook I planned on using it as a portable machine but then I purchase an Aspire one Netbook and the Macbook never left the house. Its been pretty much plugged into my lcd since the first week. So I'd rather go back to a Pro since it has a bigger monitor and better graphics card since it will be staying home

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Dec 8, 2008, 02:09 AM

I don't know if anyone is going to want to trade a MacBook for a MBP. Why not sell the MacBook and buy a MBP?

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

jaydon34  (op)
Senior User
Dec 8, 2008, 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
I don't know if anyone is going to want to trade a MacBook for a MBP. Why not sell the MacBook and buy a MBP?
You never know someone with a last generation MBP might want a macbook. The last generation refurbs are around the same price as my MB so I figured it was worth a shot.

thechidz
Forum Regular
Dec 9, 2008, 02:47 AM

yeah I'd say worth a shot. Someone might want to try the newer form factor
Bow chicka bow-wow

Daracle
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 11, 2008, 01:05 PM

I totally want to do this with my 2.33 with the Radeon X1600
Who reads this???

jaydon34  (op)
Senior User
Dec 11, 2008, 02:48 PM

Sorry but I want the nvidia card

Daracle
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 11, 2008, 02:58 PM

No worries.
If you don't have any offers and you re-consider, hit me up cause I would love to do this trade.

Thanks
Who reads this???

techster82
Dec 12, 2008, 01:01 AM

I have a 15" Macbook Pro 2.2ghz with the nvidia card that I am looking to sell so I can downsize to a new Macbook. Let me know if you are interested. It has Applecare for the next couple of years.

[email protected]

jaydon34  (op)
Senior User
Dec 12, 2008, 01:05 AM

of course I'am list the specs and can you provide pictures. I also have heatware jaydon34

techster82
Dec 12, 2008, 01:32 AM

I can get some pics together tomorrow if you are seriously interested. It is a 2.2ghz model, glossy screen, 120GB hard drive, 2GB ram, original box, all discs, documents, two power adapters, inCase neoprene sleeve, and Applecare. Its in great shape, never been abused or dropped, but does have one small dent in the front side of the aluminum lid. You can pm me or email me for details or to talk further. I have plenty of heatware and ebay feedback, and you can view some of my successful transactions over at mac-forums.com

-Clay

jaydon34  (op)
Senior User
Dec 17, 2008, 12:52 AM

bump

jaydon34  (op)
Senior User
Dec 25, 2008, 12:17 AM

xmas eve bump

techster82
Dec 25, 2008, 11:44 PM

My offer still stands.

jaydon34  (op)
Senior User
Dec 25, 2008, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by techster82 View Post
My offer still stands.
Yeah that dent was a killer

marclapierre13
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 14, 2009, 06:02 PM

I have a 2.2ghz MBP with nvidia, but youd need to add cash because mine is worth a lot more than yours.

jaydon34  (op)
Senior User
Jan 14, 2009, 08:56 PM

that machine on apple website in the refurbished section is priced the same as my MacBook at 1300. The old mbp are marked down due to the release of the unibody. Thus being the reason for me wanting to trade.

UltimaLaw
Forum Regular
Jan 24, 2009, 11:17 PM

I am very interested; have a 15" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, immaculate condition.....let me know, it has the Nvidia graphics card as well....

E-mail is [email protected]
( Last edited by UltimaLaw; Jan 25, 2009 at 04:08 AM. )
15" Macbook Pro w/ Retina / 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 / 16 GB DDR3 Memory / 256 GB SSD / Backlit Keyboard / OSX El Capitan
Apple iPhone 6+ / 64GB (Silver) / Wi-Fi and AT&T LTE / Apple iPad 3rd Generation / 64GB Wi-Fi
New Apple TV 32GB / New Touchpad Remote / Netflix and Entire App Store (TWiT, YouTube, WatchESPN, TV Networks, Etc.)
Apple iPad Pro / 12.9" Retina Touchscreen / A9X Chip / 4-Speaker High-Fidelity Sound / Smart Keyboard Pro / Apple Pencil

sledsbehave
Senior User
Jan 25, 2009, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by jaydon34 View Post
that machine on apple website in the refurbished section is priced the same as my MacBook at 1300. The old mbp are marked down due to the release of the unibody. Thus being the reason for me wanting to trade.
they also sell yr macbook refurbished for $1099
as ever,
sonny

jaydon34  (op)
Senior User
Jan 25, 2009, 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by sledsbehave View Post
they also sell yr macbook refurbished for $1099
Do me a favor and show me the link. I've never seen that on the apple site.

Calder
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 25, 2009, 04:04 AM

I am also very interested. I have a MacBook pro with the nVidia GeForce 8600gm and 2gb ram, 2.2Ghz. I have a best buy coverage plan for it, if ANYTHING at all happens to it, even accidents, you can send it back and get a new one, and that's active until next december or january. In fantastic condition. Please email me if your interested. [email protected]. Thank you.
( Last edited by Calder; Jan 25, 2009 at 04:06 AM. Reason: forgot something.)

UltimaLaw
Forum Regular
Jan 25, 2009, 04:10 AM

pm sent
15" Macbook Pro w/ Retina / 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 / 16 GB DDR3 Memory / 256 GB SSD / Backlit Keyboard / OSX El Capitan
Apple iPhone 6+ / 64GB (Silver) / Wi-Fi and AT&T LTE / Apple iPad 3rd Generation / 64GB Wi-Fi
New Apple TV 32GB / New Touchpad Remote / Netflix and Entire App Store (TWiT, YouTube, WatchESPN, TV Networks, Etc.)
Apple iPad Pro / 12.9" Retina Touchscreen / A9X Chip / 4-Speaker High-Fidelity Sound / Smart Keyboard Pro / Apple Pencil

sledsbehave
Senior User
Jan 25, 2009, 04:28 PM

Do me a favor and show me the link. I've never seen that on the apple site.
looks like it sold already.

are saying you don't think there's macbook refurbs? if it's $1299 brand new, naturally it's gonna $1099 refurb.

you were just comparing macbook pro prices to clearance/refurb models. it's only fair to also compare yr used macbook to refurb prices as well.
as ever,
sonny

jaydon34  (op)
Senior User
Jan 25, 2009, 06:56 PM

looks like it sold already.

are saying you don't think there's macbook refurbs? if it's $1299 brand new, naturally it's gonna $1099 refurb.

you were just comparing macbook pro prices to clearance/refurb models. it's only fair to also compare yr used macbook to refurb prices as well.

I think you misinterpreted what I said...... I've never seen it and wanted the link thats all and if your not interested then just don't post. Its considered thread crapping if you would like to discuss a deal pm me.

sledsbehave
Senior User
Jan 25, 2009, 09:51 PM

I think you misinterpreted what I said...... I've never seen it and wanted the link thats all and if your not interested then just don't post. Its considered thread crapping if you would like to discuss a deal pm me.
i'd be happy to discuss a deal at $1099. if you are gonna hold my macbook pro to refurbished prices, then why would i not also be able to hold yr macbook to refurbished prices.

in other words, it's not fair for you to say yr macbook is worth $1300 (new price) and mine is worth $1300 (refurb price) because the refurb price is $1300.

in other words, if we traded you'd need to put in $200 plus yr macbook, because of the price difference.

if you aren't willing to do so, i'll pass.
as ever,
sonny

jaydon34  (op)
Senior User
Jan 25, 2009, 10:10 PM

i'd be happy to discuss a deal at $1099. if you are gonna hold my macbook pro to refurbished prices, then why would i not also be able to hold yr macbook to refurbished prices.

in other words, it's not fair for you to say yr macbook is worth $1300 (new price) and mine is worth $1300 (refurb price) because the refurb price is $1300.

in other words, if we traded you'd need to put in $200 plus yr macbook, because of the price difference.

if you aren't willing to do so, i'll pass.
Thanks but no thanks

At the time I posted this trade my macbook was 2 weeks old. Which is still new in my opinion. Most of the people with Macbook pro's who are interested in this machine have machines older than a year and are no longer under the 1-year warranty. I priced the trade as even with a refurb Macbook Pro that would have the same warranty. Like I said before all you had to do was PM me. Tons of people have been interested in an even trade. If your not than don't bother replying to my thread were really just wasting each others time......

Enjoy bro

sledsbehave
Senior User
Jan 25, 2009, 10:41 PM

Thanks but no thanks

At the time I posted this trade my macbook was 2 weeks old. Which is still new in my opinion. Most of the people with Macbook pro's who are interested in this machine have machines older than a year and are no longer under the 1-year warranty. I priced the trade as even with a refurb Macbook Pro that would have the same warranty. Like I said before all you had to do was PM me. Tons of people have been interested in an even trade. If your not than don't bother replying to my thread were really just wasting each others time......

Enjoy bro
good enough
as ever,
sonny

UltimaLaw
Forum Regular
Jan 26, 2009, 05:24 PM

Waiting to hear back, have posted a FS thread for now until a response comes through.....

UltimaLaw
Forum Regular
Jan 28, 2009, 06:03 PM

Interested in selling?

jaydon34  (op)
Senior User
Feb 17, 2009, 01:03 PM

TRADED

To forum user Csurfr.

I ended up trading with this fellow MacNN user. We both drove out of our ways to meet up in Jersey. He of course received my Unibody Macbook and I received his 17" Macbook Pro. The Machine I received was great other than a few minor scratches and a little ding on the left side of the bezel. Overall a great trade and I would recommend him to any forum user. A stand up guy A++++.

cSurfr
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 20, 2009, 05:38 AM

TRADED

To forum user Csurfr.

I ended up trading with this fellow MacNN user. We both drove out of our ways to meet up in Jersey. He of course received my Unibody Macbook and I received his 17" Macbook Pro. The Machine I received was great other than a few minor scratches and a little ding on the left side of the bezel. Overall a great trade and I would recommend him to any forum user. A stand up guy A++++.
And the same can be said for Jaydon34. . . After his detour through a shady area near Newark Airport, everything was flawless. . . Sometimes I miss the 17", mainly the trackpad, and real button, but i'm getting used to the glass trackpad. Also, I sent you a PM. I would definitely do business with him again!
-How pumped would you be driving home from work, knowing someplace in your house there's a monkey you're gonna battle?

Forum Links
Forum Rules