Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: Christmas candy canes

FS: Christmas candy canes
besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jan 18, 2011, 01:15 AM

Hey Guys,

I have some left over candy canes from Christmas which I'm willing to sell for the best offer.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 18, 2011, 01:22 AM

I'd give you a kitten.

-t

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jan 18, 2011, 01:28 AM

I don't want another stupid kitten.

I might point out that one cannot buy candy canes now, so these candy canes are rare commodities that can be yours for the right price!

andi*pandi
Jan 18, 2011, 09:17 PM

your choices: use them for hot cocoa stirrers, crush them up and put in cookies, or save them for next year.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jan 18, 2011, 11:05 PM

or SELL THEM HERE ON MACNN AND MAKE A FORTUNE?

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 19, 2011, 12:17 AM

OR....

...plug you kitten's butt so the kitten stops leaking. There.

-t

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Jan 19, 2011, 01:24 AM

did you recieve my paymeant of £549,000 to halp you get ur nigerian prince cousin out of jail please reposnd.

AKcrab
Moderator Emeritus
Jan 19, 2011, 01:58 AM

Since nobody has made an actual offer..

I'll take them off your hands for $0.05.

Payment will be in the form of an actual nickel.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jan 19, 2011, 03:00 AM

Just because you are a mod doesn't mean that it is cool to fool around with one of your loyal members here, AKcrab. We both know that my candy canes are worth far more than 5 cents. Show me where you can get 5 cent candy canes this time of year!

Other mods, I think AKcrab should get an infraction for this, probably 23 points?

reader50
Administrator
Jan 19, 2011, 04:12 AM

But he offered you a real nickel, not a plug nickel!

Earn some karma from them. Mail them to the starving children in Africa. Or was it Asia. The ones who starve when you fail to eat all the gross veggies on your plate as a kid. If you need an exact mailing address, ask your parents.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jan 19, 2011, 04:20 AM

I don't want to help starving ****ers from other continents, I want to make lots of money selling my candy canes here in the MacNN marketplace. Isn't this the whole purpose of the marketplace, to allow MacNN users to sell their stuff? Otherwise, this would be called the "donate place".

Also, I detect a little sass mouth from you, reader50. If so, as an administrator I think you need to set a better example, especially since you are also denying me my God-given constitutional rights here. If I were whomever is next up on the rung of MacNN power I would probably give you an infraction worth 37 points.

reader50
Administrator
Jan 19, 2011, 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
Other mods, I think AKcrab should get an infraction for this, probably 23 points?
If I were whomever is next up on the rung of MacNN power I would probably give you an infraction worth 37 points.
tsk, tsk. Suggesting infraction inflation. One of the more important admin duties is to manage the local monetary system. An especially important topic in a Market forum. Our infractions should maintain dependable value against other boards.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jan 19, 2011, 04:43 AM

I agree, but I figured that as an admin in comparison to AKcrab's mere mod status your responsibilities and burden you have to bare are greater. Sorry, but you did sign up to be an admin.

That being said, as an admin you also have several ways in which you can make this crime of humanity up to me. I would be amenable to a front page Apple, Macintosh, iPad, iPod and iPhone news | MacNN promotion of my candy cane sale.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 19, 2011, 09:32 AM

I say, leave the candy canes where they are - up *your* butt, and leave the mods alone.

-t

Dork.
Professional Poster
Jan 19, 2011, 11:28 AM

Do they come pre-licked?

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jan 24, 2011, 04:32 PM

Hey guys, so far I haven't sold any, but I'm willing to throw in Laminar's Chinese iPod knockoff with the hole in it once I buy it from him, if you tempt me with the right price...

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Jan 24, 2011, 05:37 PM

Hey Guys,

I have some left over candy canes from Christmas which I'm willing to sell for the best offer.
All items posted in Marketplace must include an asking price.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jan 24, 2011, 05:39 PM

Fine, I will give you guys a special MacNN discount and start the bidding at $499, which includes the cost of Laminar's holy Chinese iPod.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Jan 28, 2011, 01:43 AM

I'll give you £1 which by now should be about $499.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Feb 10, 2011, 02:15 AM

So, I don't even like candy canes, but I've been hearing lots of buzz being generated by besson3c's hot selling candy canes, so I decided to check them out. I was completely surprised to discover that I really like the taste and texture of his candy canes, and I appreciate their fine quality. I would whole heartedly endorse besson3c's candy canes, and don't worry, I'm not making a cut of his profits!

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Feb 10, 2011, 02:47 AM

Oh geez, how many people did Besson PM with this ?
Looks like he found a sucker.

-t

moonmonkey
Professional Poster
Feb 10, 2011, 08:11 AM

I don't even like candy canes, but I've been hearing lots of buzz being generated by besson3c's hot selling candy canes, so I decided to check them out. I was completely surprised to discover that I really like the taste and texture of his candy canes, and I appreciate their fine quality. I would whole heartedly endorse besson3c's candy canes, and don't worry, I'm not making a cut of his profits!

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Feb 10, 2011, 09:12 AM

Hahaha. besson, the resident candy cane spammer.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Dork.
Professional Poster
Feb 10, 2011, 09:35 AM

You guys beat me to it. Since this is a family forum, I was going to post this:

So, I don't even like <censored>, but I've been hearing lots of buzz being generated by besson3c's hot <censored> <censored>, so I decided to check them out. I was completely surprised to discover that I really like the taste and texture of his <censored>, and I appreciate their fine quality. I would wholeheartedly endorse besson3c's <censored>, and don't worry, I'm not making a cut of his profits!

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 10, 2011, 10:43 AM

Add me to the list I suppose.

So, I don't even like <censored>, but I've been hearing lots of buzz being generated by besson3c's hard, steamy, long<censored> <censored>, so I decided to check them out. I was completely surprised to discover that I really like the taste and texture of his <censored>, and I appreciate its fine quality. I would wholeheartedly endorse besson3c's <censored>, and don't worry, I'm not making a cut of his profits!

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 10, 2011, 11:47 AM

Besson and I could not come to mutually-agreed terms for a cut of his profits, so I've decided to instead endorse Dork.'s <censored>.

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Feb 10, 2011, 01:24 PM

Guys, my Inbox has been flooded with questions about these candy canes, allow me to share...

These candy canes are vintage, living antique candy canes! The value of these candy canes will appreciate if you decide not to eat them, this is an investment more than simply an off-season buy! As an antique, you can remind yourself where barbers got the pattern for their barbershop poles that tell passers by that they are barbers, and where those infinite optical illusions come from when candy canes are spun around.

These are American made candy canes, bitches, not just more cheap stuff from China. A union-made sticker is available for a nominal additional fee, as are variations on the standard swirl pattern. These are fully FDA inspected, so you can give these candy canes to your kids without worry of them getting some sort of disease.

You'd be a complete idiot not to buy these NOW.

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 10, 2011, 01:40 PM

WHile I find the taste of these candy canes to be pedestrian at best... I've found them quite useful for sucking to a point and jamming into the eyes of my enemies.

You simply sit down across from your enemy, pull out an innocent looking candy cane, which instantly puts your rival at ease (I mean, who can look threatening sucking on a candy cane?), then after listening to him drone on and on about whatever for about 10 minutes... BOOM! Candy cane in the eye.

Sweet minty justice.
( Last edited by ort888; Feb 10, 2011 at 03:21 PM. )

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Feb 10, 2011, 03:05 PM

I endorse besson3c's candy canes for this upcoming election year.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Feb 10, 2011, 03:49 PM

These candy canes are vintage, living antique candy canes! The value of these candy canes will appreciate if you decide not to eat them, this is an investment more than simply an off-season buy! As an antique, you can remind yourself where barbers got the pattern for their barbershop poles that tell passers by that they are barbers, and where those infinite optical illusions come from when candy canes are spun around.

These are American made candy canes, bitches, not just more cheap stuff from China. A union-made sticker is available for a nominal additional fee, as are variations on the standard swirl pattern. These are fully FDA inspected, so you can give these candy canes to your kids without worry of them getting some sort of disease.

You'd be a complete idiot not to buy these NOW.
I'm convinced.

Hate to be the idiot selling those

-t

Brien
Professional Poster
Feb 10, 2011, 11:30 PM

Those aren't candy canes.

Doc HM
Professional Poster
Feb 13, 2011, 10:16 AM

I don't think we have real candy canes AT ALL in the Uk so I'm certainly interested. I'm keen to be the only person with actual candy canes. what are they made from? I'm not buying what I don't know what it is.
This space for Hire! Reasonable rates. Reach an audience of literally dozens!

Dork.
Professional Poster
Feb 13, 2011, 10:25 AM

They look something like this.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Feb 13, 2011, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Doc HM View Post
I don't think we have real candy canes AT ALL in the Uk so I'm certainly interested. I'm keen to be the only person with actual candy canes. what are they made from? I'm not buying what I don't know what it is.
Made out of sugar and chemicals. they are crap (figuratively).
Besson's are crap, too. Literally.

-t

sledsbehave
Senior User
Feb 13, 2011, 12:27 PM

run into the ground, this joke has been.
as ever,
sonny

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Feb 13, 2011, 01:23 PM

Well, I'll need to check on inventory DocHM. Also, that thing I said before about them being made in the USA, they might be falsely labeled.

osiris
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 15, 2011, 10:08 AM

besson3c bribed me to say this:

"So, I don't even like candy canes, but I've been hearing lots of buzz being generated by besson3c's hot selling candy canes, so I decided to check them out. I was completely surprised to discover that I really like the taste and texture of his candy canes, and I appreciate their fine quality. I would whole heartedly endorse besson3c's candy canes, and don't worry, I'm not making a cut of his profits! "
"Faster, faster! 'Till the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - HST

Forum Links
Forum Rules