Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Delicious Monster > Gambler's Sale?

Gambler's Sale?
druber
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 26, 2006, 10:27 AM

Saw a news item at MacMinute about a DL Gambler's Sale? I'd check it out, except that I can't load the website. What's the word? I'd like to bite, but without any info about a release date for 2.0 or an upgrade price, I'll be gambling down to the end...
Help find a cure for Malaria: crunch D2OL for Team Macnn.

weldon
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 27, 2006, 11:53 AM

Here's the text from the web site. You can purchase a license from within the application...

Right this moment, you can get in on the best sale ever.
Here's how it works: Every week we are going to reduce the price of Delicious Library by $5. We will keep reducing the price until we sell a secret number of copies that we have set aside, or until four weeks go by. If you wait for the price to go down, you are taking a risk that the sale will end because we sell out! It's called a "gambler's sale" because the longer you wait, the more you might save -- or you might miss the sale entirely.

You can buy Delicious Library at the current sale price right inside the application. Just download Delicious Library and choose Buy License when prompted. It's that easy!

Go ahead and mail us if you have any questions.

typecase
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 21, 2006, 06:48 PM

Does any one know what the final price was in the gambler's sale?

Delicious Monster
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 22, 2006, 05:29 AM

It dropped to $20 on Monday morning and went about 24 hours before hitting the target. However, we went ahead and let it run until Tuesday midnight to make sure we didn't have anybody who was >that< close getting the shaft.

Forum Links
Forum Rules