Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS/FT One of two 15" MBP's

FS/FT One of two 15" MBP's
x user
Mac Elite
Oct 28, 2009, 12:48 PM

I have two last gen MBP's, only really need one of um.

First one:
2.33GHZ Core 2 Duo
15" Matte LED screen (No dead pixels)
3gb Ram (Max for this machine)
256mb Radeon X1600
Upgraded to a 250GB drive
Brand NEW Apple battery (Warrenty)
A couple of case dings here and there, but overall excellent shape.
Applecare until March 2010

Ideally looking to get into a MacBook Air as some sort of trade, depending on what model air you might have. If not $1000+shipping OBO

Other one:
1.86ghz Core Duo
15" GLOSSY screen (the original Matte screen cracked, this is a replacement. Also No dead pixels)
2GB Ram (MAXED again)
128mb X1600
160GB drive, Also an upgrade
Bad: Battery is pretty far gone, 45min or so to a charge. The backlight went bad for a month or two, which is why bought the newer one. Then started working again. No promises on that. It was the CABLE for the backlight that has some sort of bad connection. If I felt like opening that machine up again, I'd try to find the problem... but I don't really LIKE splitting the cases on these things. The case is a little beat up, not horrible, but not great

Looking to trade for a dual core mac mini OR $400 obo as is.

Don't be afraid of offers, my prices are completely pulled out of my...
( Last edited by x user; Nov 2, 2009 at 12:15 AM. Reason: Lower price, and confirm specs)

x user  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 2, 2009, 12:22 AM

Bump,

Lowered the price on the newer machine. Confirmed that the 1.83 machine is a 160gb drive. This post is being made from it as it sits in my lap, screen working perfectly right this minute (as it has been since I bought the replacement... figures)

Both these machines are solid as heck. I bought the 1.83 straight from Apple 3.5 years ago. The 2.33 machine was bought brand new BTO from Apple (by my dad) 2.5 years ago. I can't justify anything less than $400 for the 1.83 unless the screen stops working again, but I'd love to get rid of one of these... shoot me some offers

mulletman13
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 23, 2009, 05:35 PM

Does the 1.83 play HD YouTube videos smoothly? Does it handle Hulu HD at all?

Thanks!

x user  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 23, 2009, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by mulletman13 View Post
Does the 1.83 play HD YouTube videos smoothly? Does it handle Hulu HD at all?

Thanks!
Yes on the YouTube, not sure about Hulu, never tried. Remember, this machine has a Radion X1600, not the integrated crap from intel that shares Vram.

The 2.33 machine sold (thanks MacNN), so unless someone now offers me a Deal I Can't Refuse, the 1.86 is off the market.

Forum Links
Forum Rules