Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > USB problem...

USB problem...
pjrgois
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 8, 2000, 12:40 AM

I recently purchased a Lacie 4x4x24 USB drive, and I'm having some problems: I have installed Adaptec Toast Deluxe 4.0.2 on Mac OS 9.0.4 on a iMac Rev. C 266MHz 160MB RAM, and the Lacie drive simply hangs the computer after reading a CD-ROM disk for a few seconds (any type of file: Mp3's or copying other files from the CD to the Hard disk), on doing so, if its reading a Mp3 file the sound starts repeating very fast (I have tried with various disks) and the only way to stop the sound is to unplug the computer.

Now, I have tried to workaround this problem and I noticed that by removing the Toast CD reader extension from the Extensions Folder inside the System Folder the problem would sees to occur but whit one problem, the drive wouldn't read audio CD's. I'm thinking that this may be an incompatibility issue between USB drivers Mac OS and Toast's.

Thank you for your time...

If you can't solve my problem then maybe you can direct me to the right place.

BoumBoum
Apr 8, 2000, 10:23 AM

I have the same proble with that stuf and the Dv special edition. I go back to the 3.8 version and after all is all right.

Forum Links
Forum Rules