Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > New Powerbooks run on installed OS9?

New Powerbooks run on installed OS9?
CBoldman
Forum Regular
Jan 8, 2003, 07:10 PM

I have a deffective PB, so apple is sending me a new unit. Only problem is that I would like OS9 but they new ones dont come with it. Would it be possible to keep my OS9 disk or use a freinds and install it on my new powerbook?

murbot
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 8, 2003, 07:28 PM

I doubt it. I had a copy of the OS9 disk my 667 PB came with, and it wouldn't install on my GHz TiBook....

CBoldman  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 8, 2003, 07:52 PM

Ok. Im not expert, so take that into opinon. But does OSX have a classic mode to run apps in OS9 without having to reboot. Thanks, ~Chris

skyman
Mac Elite
Jan 8, 2003, 08:04 PM

Originally posted by CBoldman:
Ok. Im not expert, so take that into opinon. But does OSX have a classic mode to run apps in OS9 without having to reboot. Thanks, ~Chris
YES.

mrtew
Professional Poster
Jan 8, 2003, 11:42 PM

Originally posted by CBoldman:
I have a deffective PB, so apple is sending me a new unit. Only problem is that I would like OS9 but they new ones dont come with it. Would it be possible to keep my OS9 disk or use a freinds and install it on my new powerbook?

OS9 is on the DVD that comes with the TiBooks. You can install it from there. You might not be able to install it on the AlumBooks though.

I love the U.S., but we need some time apart.

Forum Links
Forum Rules