Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Do iPhone owners still own other iPods?

View Poll Results: Does the iPhone have enough space for your music, videos and photos?
Poll Options:
No way! 2 votes (28.57%)
Yes! 3 votes (42.86%)
I manage fine by deleting the movies i've already wathced and updating my music library 2 votes (28.57%)
It's hard to say 0 votes (0%)
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll
Do iPhone owners still own other iPods?
Jason
Sep 7, 2007, 01:14 PM

Hi guys,
I was all reved up go get an iPhone once 'GeoHot' released the unlock iPhone hardware hack, however now that apple have released the iPhone touch with 8/16GB capacity and hearing the many complaints that 16GB isn't enough storage space i started to wonder how i would do with 8BG. I currently own a Gen 5 30GB and a Gen 1 Nano 8GB which is full of music. So i was wondering do you guys with the iPhones just compromise and put your favorites tunes and movies on the iPhone and manage fine, or do you constantly find yourself trying to put more things onto a full iPhone?

Also in regards to hacking the iPhone, I'm in Australia, so thats another reason why the iPod touch in 16GB has got me all revved up!
"Amidst all the hype of modern design and computers, we have remained true by generating the majority of our designs by hand, viewing the computer as a tool and not letting it dictate our designs." - Ames Design.

mutelight
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 7, 2007, 01:27 PM

I have my entire music library on my iPod then handpicked content on my phone. Surprisingly I listen to music a lot on my phone (even though my previous phones had the option) so I switch up songs every week or so, not too bad. But for long trips and whatnot I bring my iPod with me so I can have my entire library.

Dual 2.66Ghz Xeon Woodrcrests // 8800GT 512MB // 30" Apple Cinema Display // 8GB RAM // Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE // 64GB iPad LTE Verizon // Home Theater

butterfly0fdoom
Senior User
Sep 7, 2007, 02:25 PM

I still have my iPod (which is more for videos and road trips) alongside my iPhone (which is for everyday use). So they just have specific functions now.
MacBook Core 2 Duo 2.16 (Black)
iPod classic 160GB
iPhone 8GB

theDreamer
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 7, 2007, 02:41 PM

Just like others, different aspects to different products.
My iPhone is at my side 100% of the time and is could be said to be my primary music source, but if I know I am going to be away for awhile (from my laptop) or on a trip I take my iPod with me.

k2director
Senior User
Sep 7, 2007, 03:04 PM

For hikes and runs, nothing beats the new iPod Shuffles. I use my iPhone for everything else, but for exercise, it's the $79 Shuffle (with the battery that seems to last forever on a single charge).

-Q-
Sep 7, 2007, 04:18 PM

I have my nano for runs, with the workout playlist, the 60GB iPod for the car with all my music and the iPhone with a few select playlists and some videos. I really find I watch more on the iPhone than I listen to music. But yes, more than the iPhone.

Forum Links
Forum Rules