Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > How long will it take for my macbook to get here

How long will it take for my macbook to get here
neverskatewsandles
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 21, 2006, 05:31 PM

How long do you guys think it will take to get my macbook. I have upgraded it to a 1gb and 120gb with iwork06. I selected the 2-3 day shipping ordered today monday augest 21.
2ghz macbook /120gb hd ,1gb ram, superdrive/iwork

gooser
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 22, 2006, 12:40 AM

at least 2-3 days.

aaardal
Forum Regular
Aug 22, 2006, 01:37 AM

I'll put my dollar down on thursday after 12pm.

cSurfr
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 22, 2006, 02:56 AM

I ordered one last Wednesday and it was delivered by 2:00 Friday afternoon.
-How pumped would you be driving home from work, knowing someplace in your house there's a monkey you're gonna battle?

bklam
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 22, 2006, 12:15 PM

i ordered mine last wednesday and it was suppose to ship yesturday. Now it got delayed till next tuesday.

wtf.

WEBSITE SAYS 1-3 days when i bought it. now it says 2-4 days. But in my situation it would be 9 days if they ship next week (business days).

The thing is, they can't even cancel it on their end.

neverskatewsandles  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 22, 2006, 11:27 PM

To Our Valued Apple Customer:

Thank you for your recent order with the Apple Store online.

We are unable to ship your MacBook by the date given when you placed
the
order. It is expected to ship on or before 8/31/06.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this delay may cause.

If you would like, you may visit our self-service website at
<http://www.apple.com/orderstatus> to change or cancel your order
anytime
before it is shipped.

You may check the status of your order at any time by visiting our
order status website at Apple Order Status. Tracking
information
will be emailed to you as soon as your order has been shipped.

We appreciate your business and your patience. Thank you for shopping
at the
Apple Store.

Sincerely,
Apple Store Customer Support

So how long now!! this is bull i paid for faster shipping Too!!!

bklam
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 22, 2006, 11:29 PM

i agree total bull.

i thought i beat the back to school rush.
i guess i didn't.

neverskatewsandles  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 23, 2006, 01:42 PM

Bump.. Anyways would it help to call and complain??? Oh i got my ipod today that came with it.

mach2joe
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 23, 2006, 01:55 PM

My Macbook (with similar upgrades as yours) and an ipod's order was placed on Aug. 16, the iPod was shipped out that very night from Shanghai and arrived a few days later. As for the Macbook, I got the exact same e-mail on Monday (which happens to be the original shipping date) as you (the new delivery date is Aug. 29) and it has yet to be shipped. Called Apple and all the customer service person said was he doesn't know what the problem is and there is nothing he could do, he said the package should be shipped out in the next few days. 2 days later and still nothing ... such good service huh?

I guess all I can do now is wait.

neverskatewsandles  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 23, 2006, 02:55 PM

I went on to the website and they said it would be shipped by Augest 31st and it would arrive by septemper 6th. Where the hell did they get this estimate??!!! It should ship by the 26th and arive by the 29th. If they mean that 4 real and i paid extra for shipping i am gonna be sooooo pissed!!!

bklam
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 23, 2006, 02:56 PM

If you do not receive an email with a tracking number, do not expect ur package to arrive on the 29th. The package will be shipped no later than the 29th.

Ppl are guessing packages will arrive the first week of september.

Call to complain and get urself a credit on ur account.

Tuoder
Mac Elite
Aug 24, 2006, 05:56 AM

I am having the same problem. My MB was supposed to arrive on the 30th. Now it is slated to arrive on the 8th of September. I got the free iPod already. It spent 48 hours in shipment. That was awesome, but the MB delay is really irritating.

neverskatewsandles  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 24, 2006, 10:01 AM

Well I still think if i get luck and i usally do becasue that ipod got here in one day after sip than 2-3 i should probobly get my macbook between today and saturday. Please Please Please be today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dissapointed
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 24, 2006, 10:05 AM

who gives a ****, it's a computer. Get a life.

neverskatewsandles  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 24, 2006, 10:14 AM

Dude i guess you dont understand i just spent $1,500.00 on a sight unseen computer and just because i am exited to get it you down me. No my friend you need to get a life!

neverskatewsandles  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 24, 2006, 01:34 PM

I think i am goning to call them and rant a little. LoL

Tuoder
Mac Elite
Aug 24, 2006, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by dissapointed
who gives a ****, it's a computer. Get a life.
Oh come on, don't tell me you don't anticipate the arrival of stuff. I just dropped over a G on this thing. Any sane person would anticipate the arrival of such a thing and be at least a bit irritated over a delay. Why do you think people are getting sent apology letters?

neverskatewsandles  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 25, 2006, 10:18 AM

Thank you

neverskatewsandles  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 25, 2006, 07:29 PM

Well today's friday and i have pretty much concluded that i wont be getting my macbook today. Now based on what someone else said i should have gotten it today or possibly tommorow. I ordered monday and 3 days would be wednesday plus 2-3 days for shipping and it should be here. Though it did say up to 5 days before it ships. Should i wait till monday to call because then their time would be up for shipping or should i call if it doesnt show up tommorow. I dont want to pay for shipping that Isnt within 2-3 days.

bklam
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 25, 2006, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by neverskatewsandles
Well today's friday and i have pretty much concluded that i wont be getting my macbook today. Now based on what someone else said i should have gotten it today or possibly tommorow. I ordered monday and 3 days would be wednesday plus 2-3 days for shipping and it should be here. Though it did say up to 5 days before it ships. Should i wait till monday to call because then their time would be up for shipping or should i call if it doesnt show up tommorow. I dont want to pay for shipping that Isnt within 2-3 days.

Ok you have to get something straight here. When it says ship 1-3 days, it means it will SHIP in 1-3 days FROM their origin and NOT it will be shipped to your house in 1-3 days. If u log in and it says not shipped, there is no POSSIBLE way to know when it will arrive at your steps. But it WILL ship 2-3 days once it is released from it's origin. Only way to know is if you receive an email from apple with the shipping confirmation and tracking number.

Does that make sense? The way they phrase it is deceiving.

So if you paid for express shipping you probably will expect it no later than friday if u paid for faster shipping.

neverskatewsandles  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 25, 2006, 07:46 PM

next friday? from today?

Marco338
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 25, 2006, 07:46 PM

Here is my situation: which started around August 22nd:

Don't bother calling up customer support, because you will just end up getting 10 different answers...I spoke to a rep. yesterday and she said that my order was all set and ready to be shipped (waiting on the dock--I assume), and it "will" ship in 24 hours...So, I waited 24 hours and guess what, my order still has not shipped...So, I called up again and spoke to a different rep. and he said that my order will ship anytime between today and Sept. 1. So, I asked if I can pay to expedite the shipping, and he responded that at this point that cannot be done, he said that since it is ready to ship, he cannot change the shipping method. So, I asked him a simple question, "Since my package is and has been ready to be shipped, why hasn't it shipped?. If my order has been completed, why is it just sitting in a warehouse or a shipping dock?" His only response was to repeat multiple times that my order will ship anytime between today and Sept. 1.

neverskatewsandles  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 25, 2006, 07:47 PM

I know that it takes 1-3 days to ship out and then another 1-3 days to get to my house but it still should be here by this friday or satuday.

neverskatewsandles  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 25, 2006, 09:00 PM

Does anyone know what time their phones are open to because i want to call anyways. I wonder what they would say if i had a recording.

bklam
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 25, 2006, 09:00 PM

if u paid express, should be next friday, no guarantees though.

bklam
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 25, 2006, 09:04 PM

well, u should have received an email letting you know that it was been delayed. Therefore your 1-3 days shipping does not exist. it is more like 3-5 or 5-7 BUSINESS days. Then another couple of days. I've waiting 7 business days now and most likely another 1-2 business days.

Call, bitch, and get your credit. Then wait. Or cancel and go buy from your local apple store or university.

The answers they give you are absolutely useless, but get your credit for a future purchase.

neverskatewsandles  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 25, 2006, 09:15 PM

WTF they wont give me my $ back for the shipping then?
damn!!~!! well maybe i can credit it towards a case. this sucks!!!

analogika
Posting Junkie
Aug 26, 2006, 04:20 AM

WTF they wont give me my $ back for the shipping then?
damn!!~!! well maybe i can credit it towards a case. this sucks!!!
You're still getting express shipping, so you still need to pay for that.

Unless you want to wait an extra day or two.

Geez, people, get over it. These things are selling like ****ing hotcakes. They really are.

Apple's suppliers simply aren't making enough per day to keep up with demand. That's just the way it is.

You'll live.

Tuoder
Mac Elite
Aug 26, 2006, 07:45 AM

Do you have your order number? I got an email from Apple stating what date that they should ship it by, and what date it should arrive by.

neverskatewsandles  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 26, 2006, 12:22 PM

I called and they told me exactly what i read online and that they would refund my money. I guess i wont get the express shipping.

neverskatewsandles  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 27, 2006, 06:57 PM

Called again now they say no later than the 5th.

freakboy2
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 27, 2006, 07:21 PM

or just look around the web. order it from amazon or any other company that has it in stock.

neverskatewsandles  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 27, 2006, 08:04 PM

Well i dont fell like ordering everything seperate and then putting it together i live for a wait

mach2joe
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 28, 2006, 05:27 PM

I've just received another e-mail from Apple telling me the Macbook's shipping date will be delayed for another 2 days. I ordered it on August 16th, the estimated shipping date was originally August 21st, then it got delayed to the 29th. Then comes another e-mail today (August 28th) that tells me it has been delayed yet again, and the only 2 options seems to be "wait" and "cancel the order."

This is my frist Apple purchase and I have to say this is quite dissapointing.

neverskatewsandles  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 28, 2006, 06:17 PM

I know it was like this when i ordered my ipod last augest. They make great computers but there shipping service sucks a**

freakboy2
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 28, 2006, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by mach2joe
I've just received another e-mail from Apple telling me the Macbook's shipping date will be delayed for another 2 days. I ordered it on August 16th, the estimated shipping date was originally August 21st, then it got delayed to the 29th. Then comes another e-mail today (August 28th) that tells me it has been delayed yet again, and the only 2 options seems to be "wait" and "cancel the order."

This is my frist Apple purchase and I have to say this is quite dissapointing.
my guess is that the machine you get will be faster than the one you ordered. Sucks tho that you haven't gotten it yet.

mach2joe
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 28, 2006, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by freakboy2
my guess is that the machine you get will be faster than the one you ordered. Sucks tho that you haven't gotten it yet.
Freakboy, let's hope you are right

bklam
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 28, 2006, 07:14 PM

I called them, asked them why have i been delayed for the third time. they said it was an issue of supply and demand and not new "memron". In the end, they gave me 2 day shipping from Thursday.

GOSH, never buy anything online 1 month before back to school. I'll remember this for Christmas....

Marco338
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 28, 2006, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by bklam
I called them, asked them why have i been delayed for the third time. they said it was an issue of supply and demand and not new "memron". In the end, they gave me 2 day shipping from Thursday.

GOSH, never buy anything online 1 month before back to school. I'll remember this for Christmas....

I have called them 3 times and they have not even offered to change my shipping: I even offered to pay for next day and they said it cannot be done.

bklam
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 28, 2006, 07:33 PM

I called them about that 3 times, all times they said it can't be done. Apparently it can, because on my web order details it says 2 days shipping.

I gotta say, APPLE does whatever it could to make me happy. I'm happy to know that it'll be here next week and i guess that's why their rated number 1 in customer satisfaction?

freakboy2
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 28, 2006, 07:55 PM

they're gonna be speedbumped..

mach2joe
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 28, 2006, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by freakboy2
they're gonna be speedbumped..
Freakboy, What does this mean?

freakboy2
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 28, 2006, 11:04 PM

a lot of major computer makes just announced core2duo machines, apple is just about to. If they come out with a new machine before they ship yours, they will upgrade it to the new specs.

My guess is that's why people aren't getting macbooks right now. The delivery is being pushed back weeks, but they'll arrive with updated specs.

(speculation:
the macbooks will probably get faster core duo chips (1.83 to 2.0 and 2.0 to 2.13) and the macbook pros will get core2duo chips running at some faster speeds. on alienware's site you can see the options for core2duo chips and the relative costs of configuring a machine with them. I think they have core2duos going up to 2.33.

maybe we'll finally see a video card in the macbook or at least an option.

/end speculation

bklam
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 29, 2006, 01:09 AM

i'll let u know next week freakboy if i got the merom.

neverskatewsandles  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 29, 2006, 11:42 AM

For who ever said it should be here friday would it ship out today or tommorow to make that happen?

HarriganC
Forum Regular
Aug 29, 2006, 12:12 PM

For who ever said it should be here friday would it ship out today or tommorow to make that happen?

Who knows at this point, I am getting extremely frustrated, the machine I am waiting for is a replacement of my week 20 that was repaired unsuccessfully three times. Customer relations ordered my new machine on the Aug. 17th, and shipping date has gotten bumped three times. I have been w/o my macbook since August 9th. I am ready to tell them to refund my money, and I will go purchase a stock one at an applestore and upgrade my own ram. It's not like my machine is that "custom," it's a blackbook with a gig of ram.

CH

mach2joe
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 29, 2006, 12:42 PM

I called Apple today because there is a "Action Required" message on my order status page... so I called and the person said it's Apple's regular practice to contact the buyer after the 2nd delay. However, he didn't know if they will be another delay or not ( ). Then I asked for the free 2 day shipping and he gave it to me. The dude was very polite so I didn't feel like complaining any further... guess I will just have to wait for my next delay e-mail...

neverskatewsandles  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 29, 2006, 01:16 PM

Just called two miniutes ago and the lady said the same thing as the first one did. Can i cancel my order if i have already recieved the free ipod nano?

analogika
Posting Junkie
Aug 29, 2006, 03:14 PM

probably not.

mach2joe
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 29, 2006, 04:40 PM

Just called two miniutes ago and the lady said the same thing as the first one did. Can i cancel my order if i have already recieved the free ipod nano?
Of course you can cancel you Macbook order. However, remember that your iPod isn't free until you have received money from the mail-in rebate (I am in Canada so I am just assuming that's the same case for the U.S.) And without the Macbook purchase, you will not have sufficient status to apply for the rebate; as you will need the proof of purchase from both the ipod and the macbook to be included in the mail-in rebate package.

Forum Links
Forum Rules