Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > MADONNA WARNS: All will go to hell if don't turn from wicked behavior.

MADONNA WARNS: All will go to hell if don't turn from wicked behavior.
IceBreaker
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 17, 2005, 11:50 AM

MADONNA WARNS: ALL WILL GO TO HELL IF DON'T TURN FROM WICKED BEHAVIOR; 'MOST PRIESTS ARE GAY'...

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX MON OCT 17, 2005 11:04:28 ET XXXXX

MADONNA WARNS: ALL WILL GO TO HELL IF DON'T TURN FROM WICKED BEHAVIOR; 'MOST PRIESTS ARE GAY'

**Exclusive Details**

The former Material Girl now believes "the beast is the modern world that we live in!"

"The material world. The physical world. The world of illusion, that we think is real. We live for it, we're enslaved by it. And it will ultimately be our undoing," Madonna explains in her new documentary film, I'M GOING TO TELL YOU A SECRET.

In the movie, which will premiere at the Ziegfeld Theater in New York City on Tuesday, Madonna warns how people "are going to go to hell, if they don't turn from their wicked behavior."

The singer, who is also promoting the upcoming release of her new music CD, declares: "Most priests are gay."

"I refer to an entity called 'The Beast'. I feel I am describing the world that we live in right now. To me 'The Beast' is the modern world that we live in."

http://www.drudgereport.com/flashms.htm

Randman
Posting Junkie
Oct 17, 2005, 11:58 AM

Talk about Madonna and a beast.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

NYCFarmboy
Mac Elite
Oct 17, 2005, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Randman

Talk about Madonna and a beast.
exactly..her of all people to be judgemental? lol

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 17, 2005, 12:12 PM

Maybe she talked to GWB, and got "born again."
Why is there always money for war, but none for education?

NYCFarmboy
Mac Elite
Oct 17, 2005, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by KarlG
Maybe she talked to GWB, and got "born again."
Hmm..well she would then be qualified to serve on the Supreme Court.. maybe this is her angle?

edit: actually it is upsetting to see her make those seemingly homophobic comments... the gay community helped give her her start and this is the payback?
( Last edited by NYCFarmboy; Oct 17, 2005 at 12:19 PM. )

RIRedinPA
Senior User
Oct 17, 2005, 01:05 PM

Easy to say everyone else is 'enslvaed' by the material world when your net worth is estimated at $315M and rake in on average $43M a year.

Me, I'm a slave to one income, two car payments, a mortgage and my four (wonderful) kids and the lovely Mrs. RIRed.

So, I see she has a new CD coming out - I wonder which charity or charities she'll donate all proceeds to to free her from the chains of materialism.
Take It Outside!

Mid Atlantic Outdoors

RIRedinPA
Senior User
Oct 17, 2005, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by NYCFarmboy
Hmm..well she would then be qualified to serve on the Supreme Court.. maybe this is her angle?

edit: actually it is upsetting to see her make those seemingly homophobic comments... the gay community helped give her her start and this is the payback?
Nice pick up, I missed that. I wonder if this is her speaking from her beliefs or just trying to say something outlandish to get press time to promote her new CD. In a few weeks she'll come out and say she was misinterpreted or something, throw a couple of $100,000 towards a AIDS charity and move on.
Take It Outside!

Mid Atlantic Outdoors

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 17, 2005, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by NYCFarmboy

If there is any accuracy to this story, which has a shadow of doubt on it simply by being on Drudge, then it's obvious that she's flipped her wig!
Why is there always money for war, but none for education?

Camali
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 17, 2005, 01:11 PM

The usual Madonna...trying to get publicity for her new CD!

With all that money you'd think she'd know who she really was intead of jumping from religion to religion. Talk about a religion Wh0re!

Obi Wan's Ghost
Baninated
Oct 17, 2005, 02:05 PM

It's true then that she is about to become a female Rabbi and change the lyrics of her song to 'True Jew baby I love you'.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Oct 17, 2005, 02:19 PM

Silly cow.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

production_coordinator
Mac Elite
Oct 17, 2005, 04:05 PM

Simply hilarious. It's good IMHO that she has turned a bit more conservative in her older age, but to judge others when she was the poster child of "what not to do"???

Can you say "Cabala-ized"...

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 17, 2005, 05:48 PM

What is up with these big celebrities turning into religious fundamentalists? First Michael Jackson joined Nation of Islam, then Mel Gibson became an orthodox Catholic, and Madonna is now a puritanical Jewish mystic. Then of course you have even nuttier people like Tom Cruise and John Travolta who are strict scientologists.

The culture of Holywood undoubtably warps celebrities' minds which is why, when they reach an older age, they desperately start searching for something to fill the void that is their soul.

Pendergast
Mac Elite
Oct 17, 2005, 06:00 PM

Don't forget:

"Criticism is a misconception: we must read not to understand others but to understand ourselves.”

Emile M. Cioran

CRASH HARDDRIVE
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 18, 2005, 02:07 AM

Heh. I always get a kick out of gazillionare celebrities cooped up in their stark white mansions with the psychedelic rolls parked out back, tinkling on million dollar baby grands telling everyone else to “imagine no possessions,” or lecturing us on the ‘eeeeevils of materialism.’

Hey, you first moneybags.

Jacob
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 18, 2005, 02:11 AM

maddona is insane
"I cluck, therefor I am."

isao bered
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 18, 2005, 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by Pendergast
Don't forget:
?! i thought sinead was pseudo-religious social activist from go. if anything, she has seemed to gravitate from it (*somewhat*) rather than to it.

personally. i'd choose sinead over madonna. :-) i think i'll give one of her cds a spin now...

be well.

laeth

Pendergast
Mac Elite
Oct 18, 2005, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by CRASH HARDDRIVE
Heh. I always get a kick out of gazillionare celebrities cooped up in their stark white mansions with the psychedelic rolls parked out back, tinkling on million dollar baby grands telling everyone else to “imagine no possessions,” or lecturing us on the ‘eeeeevils of materialism.’

Hey, you first moneybags.
"Criticism is a misconception: we must read not to understand others but to understand ourselves.”

Emile M. Cioran

outsourced
Forum Regular
Oct 18, 2005, 07:29 PM

Does she have insider information? What if one doesn't believe in hell? What if her belief is also an illusion? Who really gives a sh!t?

So, I'm supposed to believe that materialism causes wickedness? If she would give 1/10 of her annual earnings to me each year, I would like to see if I become more wicked with each installment.

Would there be a point at which I would then become the ultimate evil? Would I become a gigantic black hole and devour everything in the universe?

Did Schroedinger's cat think outside the box?

nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 18, 2005, 08:17 PM

i'm so sick of madonna - just go away please!

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Oct 18, 2005, 08:53 PM

attack the person rather than the statement?

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 18, 2005, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by isao bered
?! i thought sinead was pseudo-religious social activist from go. if anything, she has seemed to gravitate from it (*somewhat*) rather than to it.

personally. i'd choose sinead over madonna. :-) i think i'll give one of her cds a spin now...

be well.

laeth
Yeah, I thought she was just anti-papist, not anti-religion.

And I would definitely choose Sinead over Madonna. You have good taste, sir!
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 18, 2005, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Wiskedjak
attack the person rather than the statement?
Well, with any logical discussion, one must consider the source.

While Madonna does have valid points about the rampant materialism in our Western world today, having the "Material Girl" hit out at excessive consumption straings credulity as to the intention of the statement. Now if she said she was renouncing that former moniker and was setting up a foundation to give away most of her wealth, then yes, people might give a little more credence to her complaint as legitimate.

You see, these people pointing out the contradiction of having Madonna make these statements are not questioning the validity of the statement but rather it's legitimacy. It's like Michael Moore and Fahrenheit 9/11. He made some factually correct statements about the Bush administration and the way certain members of Congress voted on certain issues. But he put forth those factually correct statements in a heavily biased manner which caused viewers--including this pinko, commie, Lefty--to question his intentions and the statement's truthfulness. Someone can tell a truthful statement in a manner that causes the hearer to question the legitimacy of it, even if they accept the truthfulness of it.
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

mojo2
Professional Poster
Oct 18, 2005, 11:12 PM

Alright ladies and gents. Have a seat and take off the thinking caps that you wore when formulating your posts or if you didn't have them on before, please put them on now.

Let's think of this differently than we have so far. Not that you are wrong about anything you've said, but let's look at this from another possible angle.

I once smoked a pack a day and a fifth every other day. But I don't smoke or drink or any of that stuff anymore. People try, they learn and progress. If they don't progress they remain stuck at a certain stage of development.

What about the aging matron who acts and dresses like a twenty something? It's good for a person to work to be un-stuck from stages of development so they can understand better what is important.

Madonna ONCE thought it was good to be a boy's toy.

Then a GIRL'S toy.

And then multiple girls and boy's toy.

And apparently a doggie toy.

But try to see it instead of in terms of right/wrong, perverted/acceptable, think of it as an elective course in college. Maybe not one you'd have chosen, but one she had an interest in. And once she finished the course she continued her education.

The money, too. Look at that as an education, too. What it takes to make it, to keep it, to have it and what it does to you and those around you. It's quite an education. For perspective, most big (million $ or more) lottery winners have spent all the $$ within 36 months.

Madonna is doing SOMETHING right. She is filling the needs of millions for whatever message she has. No one forces people to buy her books or recordings. They enjoy it. So, kudos for her for supplying those people that message.

Like I've said about Christians, we are all human and though we generally aspire to the same ideals we all fall short, from day to day, somewhere shy of the pinnacle of Christian perfection. (I'm so far from it I couldn't even tell you right now what that pinnacle is except it's something about being perfectly loving.)

As she grows and learns maybe she WILL get to the point where she believes that divesting herself from her wealth is the best thing she could do. If she doesn't give away her $$ does that mean the things she has learned along her spiritual journey are without value?

Does the fact that the men who pioneered our western US killed many Indians along the way detract from the maps they drew and the reports they sent back of what they had seen?

Did we care that these pioneers were hard drinking and smoking degenerate killers perhaps?

We may keep that fact in mind, if it makes us feel any better, as we consider their MESSAGE.

Wiskedjak nailed it for me.

Attack the person rather than the statement?
If I don't listen to Madonna's advice. And I don't listen to another's voice because they are something else I find objectionable, God will and does send other messengers. For every ear there is a voice. It doesn't take a choir to move you. Just one voice. All voices sing the same song.

And maybe that's the real message here.

Heed ONE of those voices. Get right with whoever you believe in and do it soon.

You may 'shoot the messenger' but at least hear the message.

Thanks for your time.
Give petty people just a little bit of power and watch how they misuse it! You can't silence the self doubt, can you?

isao bered
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 18, 2005, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by dcmacdaddy
Yeah, I thought she was just anti-papist, not anti-religion.

And I would definitely choose Sinead over Madonna. You have good taste, sir!
heh. listening to her music she's been "anti" a lot of things - england seems to have been high on her list as well.

i don't necessarily agree with her stands or opinions - but they don't frighten me and i can appreciate them. however, she is an artist, a craftsman, and has an incredibly clear and beautiful voice that can be appreciated whether she's singing a dirge or a phonebook listing.

heh. time to spin up "universal mother"...

be well.

laeth

moki
Ambrosia - el Presidente
Oct 19, 2005, 10:02 AM

She's a tramp. I personally knew a number of girls who followed her lead into whoring around... it's really sad she'd be so vapid as to exploit herself, influence young girls into imitating her, and then wash her hands of it all (after cashing numerous paychecks) and claim we have to stop "wicked behavior" -- give it a rest.
Andrew Welch / el Presidente / Ambrosia Software, Inc.

outsourced
Forum Regular
Oct 19, 2005, 05:46 PM

Sure. People change. But when someone is a celebrity (or in public view like a politician), we usually remember what they've done in the past.

Maybe if this warning had come from the Pope or the Dalai Lama, it would be more believable.

Anyway... just wasting bandwidth at work...
Did Schroedinger's cat think outside the box?

Forum Links
Forum Rules