Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > **** You Misanthrope

**** You Misanthrope
bettafish
Jan 6, 2004, 07:52 PM

OKay, you know what? I have had enough of this abuse from you disgusting and ignorant ****ers. Shut your mouths. Tell me honestly, what the **** is the problem with SOMEONE developing mother****ing software? Oh? Cause you think your god damn ****ing beloved steve jobs is the only ****er who can make this ****? No. Because you have no ****ing life and I HAVE ****ing time on my hands that I prefer to be using TO MAKE SOMETHING. AND I HAVE. I have made a ****ing OS I am ****ing proud of. What the **** do you do? YOU insult ME, claim Im full of ****, and are an ignorant sounding bastard with a piece of **** ignorant web site. WHAT the **** do you do with your ****ing life? MODERATE FORUMS??? WOW! YOUR SURE TALENTED! Holy hell I wish i were as talented at you ****nut. Maybe if you actually ASKED and tried out NEO you would think twice about your lame assed comments you ignorant ****. So stop talking outta your ass. I DO NOT appreciate your ****ing comments, ALL i have done is simply post up a site about my OS and all you can do is TELL the world its made in FLASH. NO **** ITS MADE IN FLASH(THE WEB SITE DUMBASS!) And OH IM so ****ing sorry MY OS doesnt look like the masterpiece OS X DOES! IM NOT A PRO GUI designer HERE!!! I WAS SIMPLY SHARING MY IDEAS AND YOU HAD TO COME ALONG AND BASH ME TO NO AVAIL! I hate mother****ers like you. YOU are the one with too much time on their hands if you think running a ****ing forum is AMAZING. YOU try writing API's, CODE, learning C++, getting EVERYTHING to work together, and then have some RANDOM **** say your bullshitting everyone. WELL GO **** YOURSELF OK? GOOD ****ing bye, Im not wasting my time on your **** assed forums anymore.
-Liz Phillips.

Kenneth
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 6, 2004, 07:54 PM

worthless?!

Misanthrope
Mac Elite
Jan 6, 2004, 08:04 PM

http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.p...hreadid=196016

Clearly this man doesn't know how the intarweb works.

"Do I need to draw a diagram for you then to tell you that nerdy 16-17 year olds, fat chicks and old men turn my crank then? Will you understand it then or don't you follow still chris." - Landos Mustache

SomeToast
Senior User
Jan 6, 2004, 08:44 PM

+1

I'd just like to thank bettafish for popping my IBL� cherry, as this is my first.

SupahCoolX
Mac Elite
Jan 6, 2004, 08:45 PM

I love Misanthrope. He feeds me BBQ.
OMG WTF BBQ, that is!

cybergoober
Mac Elite
Jan 6, 2004, 08:49 PM

I thought this was what Private Messages were for.

ambush
Banned
Jan 6, 2004, 08:52 PM

ok

seek help.

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 6, 2004, 08:55 PM

Jee-BUS!

Goodbye.

CV

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

Misanthrope
Mac Elite
Jan 6, 2004, 09:06 PM

Originally posted by SupahCoolX:
I love Misanthrope. He feeds me BBQ.
OMG WTF BBQ, that is!
I already banned his ass from the BBQ.

Pathetic.

"Do I need to draw a diagram for you then to tell you that nerdy 16-17 year olds, fat chicks and old men turn my crank then? Will you understand it then or don't you follow still chris." - Landos Mustache

Jim Paradise
Mac Elite
Jan 6, 2004, 09:14 PM

Originally posted by SomeToast:
+1

I'd just like to thank bettafish for popping my IBL� cherry, as this is my first.
Yeah, it is definitely IBL� worthy.

Dex13
Mac Elite
Jan 6, 2004, 09:27 PM

Originally posted by Jim Paradise:
Yeah, it is definitely IBL� worthy.
IBL?

:edit:
I get it now lol.

In Before the Lock?

The Ayatollah
Dedicated MacNNer
Location: Tehran, reprocessing spent fuel rods for my nuclear weapons programme.
Jan 6, 2004, 10:18 PM

in before the lockdown.

Life in a theocracy is all good for nobody.
My mullahs, we da last ones left.

nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 6, 2004, 10:25 PM

someone needs a hug...in before the lock.

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

Boondoggle
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 6, 2004, 10:29 PM

this is the best thread ever.
1.25GHz PowerBook

i vostri seni sono spettacolari

Bluebomber21XX
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 6, 2004, 10:35 PM

+1!

I didn't bash you, bettafish. Good luck developing your OS, you're more motivated than I.
The online resource for Rockman & Forte!
http://www.bluebomber.com/

orangep0ny
Forum Regular
Jan 6, 2004, 10:47 PM

is life about post counts and dumb ass people writing +1? I hate when I see this. Come to the forum to post and review comments. Not for your post count. It's these people that worry about their dick size.

Jim Paradise
Mac Elite
Jan 6, 2004, 10:50 PM

Originally posted by orangep0ny:
is life about post counts and dumb ass people writing +1? I hate when I see this. Come to the forum to post and review comments. Not for your post count. It's these people that worry about their dick size.
Nah, it's not about post counts. It's just for shits and giggles to do when you either want a thread to be locked, when a thread deserves to be locked, or if you know it's going to be locked. It takes away the seriousness from a crappy flamefest thread and calms it down a bit.

DoctorW
Forum Regular
Jan 6, 2004, 11:21 PM

Looks like somebody needs a time out.

gorickey
Posting Junkie
Jan 6, 2004, 11:28 PM

Do you need a rowboat for that cry river you are forming?

Banninated.

Krusty
Professional Poster
Jan 6, 2004, 11:59 PM

Originally posted by Misanthrope:

Clearly this man doesn't know how the intarweb works.
*ahem* ... that's "teh intarweb"

blackbird_1.0
Mac Elite
Jan 7, 2004, 12:00 AM

Originally posted by bettafish:
OKay, you know what? I have had enough of this abuse from you disgusting and ignorant ****ers. Shut your mouths. Tell me honestly, what the **** is the problem with SOMEONE developing mother****ing software? Oh? Cause you think your god damn ****ing beloved steve jobs is the only ****er who can make this ****? No. Because you have no ****ing life and I HAVE ****ing time on my hands that I prefer to be using TO MAKE SOMETHING. AND I HAVE. I have made a ****ing OS I am ****ing proud of. What the **** do you do? YOU insult ME, claim Im full of ****, and are an ignorant sounding bastard with a piece of **** ignorant web site. WHAT the **** do you do with your ****ing life? MODERATE FORUMS??? WOW! YOUR SURE TALENTED! Holy hell I wish i were as talented at you ****nut. Maybe if you actually ASKED and tried out NEO you would think twice about your lame assed comments you ignorant ****. So stop talking outta your ass. I DO NOT appreciate your ****ing comments, ALL i have done is simply post up a site about my OS and all you can do is TELL the world its made in FLASH. NO **** ITS MADE IN FLASH(THE WEB SITE DUMBASS!) And OH IM so ****ing sorry MY OS doesnt look like the masterpiece OS X DOES! IM NOT A PRO GUI designer HERE!!! I WAS SIMPLY SHARING MY IDEAS AND YOU HAD TO COME ALONG AND BASH ME TO NO AVAIL! I hate mother****ers like you. YOU are the one with too much time on their hands if you think running a ****ing forum is AMAZING. YOU try writing API's, CODE, learning C++, getting EVERYTHING to work together, and then have some RANDOM **** say your bullshitting everyone. WELL GO **** YOURSELF OK? GOOD ****ing bye, Im not wasting my time on your **** assed forums anymore.
-Liz Phillips.
good luck on your project, my friend.
Apple II GS | Powerbook 165 | iMac Rev. A 96mb RAM| iBook G3 500mhz, 128mb RAM | Power Macintosh G5 1.6ghz, 2.25gb RAM | Black MacBook 2ghz, 2gb RAM | iPhone Rev. A 8gb HD

dampeoples
Mac Elite
Jan 7, 2004, 12:13 AM

-Liz Phillips.
I'm available for employment. I do public relations.

brachiator
Mac Elite
Jan 7, 2004, 12:48 AM

Originally posted by dampeoples:
I'm available for employment. I do public relations.
heh heh

"Order another whisky, folks -- the more you drink the funnier I get! I'll be here all week!"

Kenneth
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 7, 2004, 01:35 AM

where are they? sleeping already?!

CheesePuff
Professional Poster
Jan 7, 2004, 01:42 AM

If I was one I'd lock this, but I'm not, so alas, it remains unlocked, and I must continue to use all of these commas.

SteevAK
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2004, 01:47 AM

This thread is still unlocked? Wow. Must have been one heck of a New Year's party.
#macnn: where all the real action is at.

BkueKanoodle
Senior User
Jan 7, 2004, 01:48 AM

Granted bettafish's response was a bit on the flame worthy side, but I see the betta's point. Maybe he posted int the wrong forum, but I do notice a lot of people doing some pretty hard core ripping. If you think its that easy to program, maybe you should try it some time.

I did notice a few people who made constructive remarks, and as a fellow maccnn'er I appreciate that. The guy was looking for some feedback, not asking for somebody to take something that he obviously put a lot of time and effort into ripped to shreds.

Without looking at his OS in more detail it's kind of hard to put classify exactly what he wrote. I know that perhaps the reason it requires 98 is that it makes direct calls to the hardware, something, windows 2000 and XP do not allow. If thats the case, its not really an emulator, more like a shell. On the other hand it could use the underling OS to make the calls, but not emulate the device in software itself, in which case its a VM. In either case, its a lot of work to create either. No use tearing the guy a new one

If i wanted to hear a bunch of retards trashing anything except their "chosen" OS I would hang out at Slashdot.
15" Macbook Pro 1.83 2 GB RAM
Blackbook 13.3 Powerhouse 2 GB RAM
MacMini Dual Core 2 GB RAM (Sadly running Windows Most of the time)
Numerouse Workstations running windows and Linux. Sorry don't have the specs, I don't pay much attention to them anymore. :)

Misanthrope
Mac Elite
Jan 7, 2004, 01:57 AM

Originally posted by BkueKanoodle:
stuff
I'm going to guess you haven't read any/all of the threads made by this single person.

Basically, the guy is a flaming lunatic. By posting MS Paint-esque screen shots of an "OS" he's making in Flash, he tried to make people believe he's some kind of extremely talented programming virtuoso.

At face value (and in the reality of it), it's the same character taking everyone for a ride.

ZackS
Banned
Jan 7, 2004, 02:05 AM

-Liz Phillips.
You know what I haven't had in a while? Big League Chew.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Jan 7, 2004, 07:02 AM

Originally posted by orangep0ny:

-s*

rjenkinson
Professional Poster
Jan 7, 2004, 07:29 AM

-r.

theolein
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 7, 2004, 07:55 AM

-Liz Phillips.
1. This section of the forums is for, wait for it... Mac OSX. Mac OSX, the whole Mac OSX and nothing but the Mac OSX. Not Windows 95, not Windows 98, not Windows fucking XP, not Windows 2000 and definitely not some piece of shit dreamed up by some semi-literate teenager with obvious mental and comprehension problems.

2. People here are, in general, very good about helping other members out when it comes to probelms with their OS, as you should have noticed when you made that post about your dead HD. (Funny one that, you not being lucid enough to distinguish between your bettafish and billy_the_teen_troll personas).

3. Posts about alternate OSes are welcome.... in the lounge, or, at the utmost, if you have a C++ problem, in the developer section. I have no idea where the moderators are, since all your threads with the exception of the dead HD problem, do not belong here and should have been locked a long time ago.

4. Someone doing research on internet behaviour would normally be posessed of a degree of maturity and comprehension that has been obviously highly lacking in your reaction to people flaming you as well as your grammar skills. I seriously doubt that someone at university would be so bad at the English language as you are, or that they would be unable to understand the posting guidlines on MacNN i.e. what goes where. I also seriously doubt that anyone studying human reactions would be given to posting abusive reactions as you do.

5. People, in general, do not like being toyed with. You get what you give.

6. You seem actually, to be both someone very young who has some serious problems such as a high grade of isolation from others and who is desperate for attention, praise and recognition and who gets, ironically, badly hurt by the reactions to his/her own wildly contradictory mood swings which are in turn indicative of severe emotional problems.

7. I would wish you a speedy recovery, but frankly, I find you simply too irritating to bring myself to think much good for you.

8. Fuck you too, dipshit.
weird wabbit

Twilly Spree
Senior User
Jan 7, 2004, 07:57 AM

Originally posted by The Ayatollah:
in before the lockdown.
what he said

Ω
Mac Elite
Jan 7, 2004, 08:05 AM

The reception at AI was a little friendlier it seems.

LightWaver-67
Senior User
Jan 7, 2004, 08:25 AM

WOW! At first, I thought this was a disgruntled developer that was wrongly criticized for his/her work (even though every other word was ***), but then I went to the site link.

Ummm... it's an OS...? But yet it requires another OS to run...?

That looks a lot like CD-Rom stuff I used to do in the early '90s in Director.

just... WOW!

Eriamjh
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 7, 2004, 08:43 AM

That's an awful lot of ****s

(IBL)

I'm a bird. I am the 1% (of pets).

cybergoober
Mac Elite
Jan 7, 2004, 09:44 AM

Originally posted by Krusty:
*ahem* ... that's "teh intarweb"
I think what they're trying to say is

P
Jan 7, 2004, 09:52 AM

This was actually one of the best I've seen in a long time...

(IBL)

MacGorilla
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 7, 2004, 10:07 AM

Ahhhhhh....ummmm....

In Before Lock�
Power Macintosh Dual G4
SGI Indigo2 6.5.21f

MacGorilla
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 7, 2004, 10:14 AM

Ahhh The Neo OS guy. Yes, he's a winner.
Power Macintosh Dual G4
SGI Indigo2 6.5.21f

rjenkinson
Professional Poster
Jan 7, 2004, 10:36 AM

Originally posted by MacGorilla:
In Before Locke�

-r.

gorickey
Posting Junkie
Jan 7, 2004, 11:06 AM

I can't believe this hasn't been locked...yet...

Maybe the mods can't help but laugh as well?

Gankdawg
Professional Poster
Jan 7, 2004, 11:10 AM

Whew! IBL....

fat mac moron
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 7, 2004, 11:23 AM

tag.

+1.

IBL.

bleet.

a holck
Senior User
Jan 7, 2004, 12:16 PM

How did it get to this?

It all started out so well:

bettafish's first post

Nonsuch
Professional Poster
Jan 7, 2004, 12:28 PM

-Liz Phillips.
Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them.

-- Frederick Douglass, 1857

voyageur
Mac Elite
Jan 7, 2004, 12:50 PM

Well, at least we understand why bettafish chose his/her username. Description of Betta Fish behavior from http://www.bettatalk.com/betta_behavior.htm:

"The Betta Splendens (splendid warrior), is, as his name indicates, a warrior. Basically, he is a fish with a bad attitude problem )). The thing is bettas are only pissed off at other bettas, while quite gentle with other species, which makes them good community tank prospects. They do get picked on a lot by other fish, so avoid putting a betta in a tank with fish that are aggressive, especially fin nippers such as tiger barbs, etc�"

Although, this betta seems pissed at all kinds of fish in his tank.

Immortal K-Mart Employee
Mac Elite
Jan 7, 2004, 01:14 PM

Have you even seen what Misanthrope looks like? He is an ugly teenage boy. I think you could understand his lonely behavior. Cut him some slack.

{v2.3 Now Jesus free}
Religions are like farts: yours is good, the others always stink.

sushiism
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 7, 2004, 02:11 PM

ALL i have done is simply post up a site about my OS and all you can do is TELL the world its made in FLASH. NO **** ITS MADE IN FLASH(THE WEB SITE DUMBASS!)
nah i was talking about the OS, judging from those "screenshots" you posted before the "website", didnt even look at the dumb site till now. Could easily tell its flash because you stole some buttons/scrollbars and such from flash, also Flash has a distinctively bad antialias engine which anyone who uses many vector programs can notice. Also you made a amature mistake, in your "website" you imported the "screenshots" as actual flash files so all the buttons had rollovers and such so you could tell it had obviously been constructed in flash.
Funniest idiot since aafussy and his BABYA SYSTEM! He was 14 hmm judging from your effort i bet your hmmm 12 right?

a holck
Senior User
Jan 7, 2004, 02:46 PM

Ok, I know this is not worth it, but talk about being paranoid

The Great challenge 2

Forum Links
Forum Rules