Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > 828 mkII > Panther - audio input problem :(

828 mkII > Panther - audio input problem :(
S_Lanaway
Forum Regular
Oct 17, 2004, 12:24 AM

Greetings folks,

I am at my wits end, so any thoughts or feedback on this would be greatly appreciated.

I work on music at home with a 1.2 Ghz G4 w/ 1 Gig of RAM.

My computer has 2 Hard Drives, one for OS 9.2 so that I can work on my old legacy Cubase 5.2 projects. The other has panther.

The mkII is working flawlessly with Cubase in OS 9.2, so I know the problem I am about to describe is not related to the mkII.

In Panther, I am running Garageband. I am messing around with loops etc in anticipation of the arrival soon of Logix Express 7 which I will use as I gradually move away from my Cubase/OS9 stronghold.

I have installed the latest drivers for the 828 mkII for Panther.

In Garageband, I have set the mkII as the input and output device for the program. I can monitor the loops I am assembling and hear playback flawlessly through the mkII (on both monitors and headphones).

However i cannot seem to get any audio in to the program from the mkII. I create a track, select the input channel, and nothing comes into the program. (I have verified the hardware is working, same set-up through mkII and i can easily record from the mkII in Cubase OS9).

I wanted to isolate whether the problem could be with Garageband or OSX itself. I went into the sound control panel and selected the mkII for input and output. I could hear the computer's sound perfectly via the mkII. But I could not hear the input signal from channel 1. The weird thing is, the meter in the input panel registered the signal visually as i checked my mic but I could hear no audio. In Garageband however, the meter doesn't even visually register an input.

If you have any ideas at all I would be very obliged. I've been working on this all night and I'm running out of steam....

Cheers,

Scott
http://www.titancreative.com
http://www.scottlanaway.com

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Oct 17, 2004, 05:53 AM

have you set the 828 to be primary input device in the Audio/MIDI Configuration program in /Applications/Utilities ?

a holck
Senior User
Oct 17, 2004, 01:58 PM

You could try and post at Osxaudio.com.
Nothing but OSX audiogeeks over there

Forum Links
Forum Rules