Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: Clamshell and Dual-USB iBook pieces, Airport Card, 40-Gig 2.5" HD, more

FS: Clamshell and Dual-USB iBook pieces, Airport Card, 40-Gig 2.5" HD, more
mrbrentk
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 18, 2005, 05:23 PM

For Sale in the 92675 area:

I have various pieces from both a 500MHz Dual-USB iBook, and a 466MHz Graphite Clamshell iBook. Please, if you're inquiring about a specific piece, make sure you're specifying which iBook model you're interested in. Thanks.

All prices are negotiable; feel free to make reasonable offers (although I'll cheerfully ignore way-lowball figures) Prices do not include shipping; I prefer to ship USPS Priority with delivery confirmation and insurance, which typically adds $5-$10 dollars, depending on how big of a piece is being shipped and how far away you are (I'm in Southern California, Orange County area).

I give preference to buyers who can pay via PayPal -- I have a verified account, and I'm happy to take transfers or credit card payments. I'll also (somewhat grudgingly) accept USPS and other verified Money Orders by mail.

Here's what I've got. These pieces are currently occupying too much space on a desk at work, and really have to be moved ASAP.

- 40 Gig 2.5" laptop drive -- Samsung MP0402H, 5400RPM, 8 Meg cache. Very nice, fast, quiet drive. Less than two months old, I had bought it to replace the original 10 Gig drive in the 500MHz iBook, shortly before that iBook suffered the dreaded "logic board component failure." $SOLD.

I can also ship this in a more-or-less-"generic" (brand name is 'Cosmos') USB 2.0 enclosure, for an additional $10. Makes it very useful as a really, really big floppy drive. ;-) $SOLD

- 10 Gig Apple-branded Toshiba 2.5" hard disk. The original from the 500MHz iBook, and thus older. Pretty sure it's a 4200RPM, 2MB cache drive. Still works fine, and might make a decent upgrade for an older powerbook. $SOLD.

- Original AirPort card. Excellent condition; was working fine in the 500MHz iBook when it went south. $SOLD.

- 2 128MB SO-DIMM chips (one from each machine). The one from the 500MHz is definitely PC100 memory; the other may be PC66 or PC100. $SOLD.

- Working battery for the Dual-USB iBook. Wegener Media sticker on the underside (i.e., not visible when the battery's installed). Approximately 1 hour of battery life, depending on usage. $10 or Best offer.

- Fully functional top plastics and displays for both computers, including all attached cables. Both displays are bright and clear, no dead or stuck pixels. Very, very light keyboard markings on the clamshell display; somewhat more prominent (though still not really noticeable) keyboard markings on the dual USB. Plastics on the clamshell are a solid "A", with almost no wear except for some minor cracks on the plastic near the hinges; on the dual USB, it displays typical wear/minor scratching for a machine of its age. Clamshell display -- $45; Dual-USB Display -- $SOLD.

- Keyboards for the Clamshell machine. This keyboard is in "A" condition -- no missing or sticky keys, very little (if any) key wear, no damage to the connectors. $18 or best offer.

- CD-ROM, tray-loading, with bezel for the Dual-USB iBook. $SOLD.

- Both parts of the lower case for the Clamshell machine, in beautiful Graphite color; also the modem for the Clamshell machine, the bottom plastic piece for the Dual-USB iBook, and various minor innards like hard drive/optical drive connecting cables, internal frameworks, etc.; if you need a particular (small) piece not listed, please feel free to ask... $5 OBO, happy to combine parts to save on shipping.

Please make offers by PM, or via email at brent at fastermac dot net. I'll also answer questions posted to this thread, as well.

Thanks for your time.
( Last edited by mrbrentk; Jul 25, 2005 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Final update to this post...)

mrbrentk  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 19, 2005, 02:13 PM

Update:

The Airport Card and Samsung 40-Gig Hard drive are sold.

The 10-Gig drive is on hold, pending payment.

Everything else is still available.

-Brent

bgotori
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 20, 2005, 01:39 AM

Hey mrbrentk

Does the Clamshell 466 have an AirPort Card??? Also how much do you want for it???

Thanks!!!

Brad
Pismo 400 OS X 10.3.9, SuperDrive, 1gb Mem, 80gb HD.
New GREEN 6gb Mini!!! 1gb Shuffle, and 30gb iPod.

mrbrentk  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 20, 2005, 01:48 AM

Sorry, bgotori, maybe I wasn't clear enough.

I don't have a complete, working Clamshell 466. I only have leftover parts from a dismembered one. What I have from the Clamshell 'Book is pretty much the top portion (as described above), the upper and lower plastics of the bottom portion, and various and sundry other innards. No logic board, no DC-in board, no battery or optical drive ... as you can see, it's not a working computer by any stretch of the imagination.

And, sorry, but the Airport card (I only had one between the two machines) is already sold.

Also, to avoid posting another reply to my own thread, here's a slight update.

Also sold: the complete set of screws and the trackpad+upper plastics for the lower case of the Dual-USB i
Book.

Still on hold, pending payment: the 10-gig drive, and now the two memory chips, as well.

mrbrentk  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 20, 2005, 05:03 PM

Update again:

Both of the displays have been sold (the Clamshell is still pending payment); the outer casing for the Clamshell has been sold (pending payment).

The 10-Gig hard drive is sold.

Still remaining: the two keyboards, the two internal modems, bottom case plastics for the Dual-USB, the CD-ROM drive (with bezel) from the dual-USB, the dual-USB battery, the DC/Power-in board for the Dual-USB, hard-drive and optical-drive connecting cables ... and lots more miscellaneous innards.

Feel free to make offers on anything that's left.

mrbrentk  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 21, 2005, 11:59 AM

Update:

Price drops -- (prices still don't include shipping, but are negotiable)...

Keyboards, now $20 each.

Tray-loading iBook Dual 500 CD-ROM w/bezel, now $15.

Anything else -- $5 OBO, happy to combine items for shipping.

C'mon, people, let's get this stuff off my desk. ;-)

mrbrentk  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 25, 2005, 10:24 PM

Last update for this stuff:

Dual-USB keyboard is now sold; price drop on the Clamshell keyboard to $18 OBO.

CD-ROM is now sold, as is the modem for the Dual-USB machine. Clamshell modem still available; $5 OBO.

The deal for the display and outer plastics of the Clamshell machine fell through, and these are now available again. $45 OBO for the display; best offer for the rest of the casing. I'd be happy to combine and sell the entire outer portion of the Clamshell machine for $65 OBO.

Lots of little minor parts still left, too, just ask.

Thanks,
Brent

Forum Links
Forum Rules