Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > Feeler, WTB: iBook G3 12" *SCREEN*

Feeler, WTB: iBook G3 12" *SCREEN*
nickelbackmac
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 28, 2006, 08:38 PM

I need a WORKING logic board from a 12" iBook G3 snow. Any speed is fine, 700MHz is a plus.

EDIT: And, a 20GB HD as well as at least 256MB RAM.

LMK.
( Last edited by nickelbackmac; Oct 29, 2006 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Need more parts)
Lincoln Navigator-2006/Power features/Black/DVD/Limited Edition/Lincoln SoundMark

techound1
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 29, 2006, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by nickelbackmac View Post
Getting my dreaded old iBook back from a sale that didn't go well. I though it would work but I guess not. The buyer said the LCD wouldn't show anything but could hear the hard drive working so I'll try a new screen.

LMK.
I don't think the issue is the screen so much as the logic board. If the video chip poops out - like so many from this generation have done - it will show the symptoms your original trade partner was seeing. I recommend getting that repaired first (or finding a known-working 500mhz board to test it with).

nickelbackmac  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 29, 2006, 11:12 AM

Alright, I'll change this thread to a "WTB: iBook parts" thread.

Thanks!
Lincoln Navigator-2006/Power features/Black/DVD/Limited Edition/Lincoln SoundMark

Forum Links
Forum Rules