Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Hillary and the email

Hillary and the email (Page 7)
BadKosh  (op)
Professional Poster
Jun 28, 2016, 02:14 PM

If Trump gets into a debate and she "goes off" and shows us what a vile bitch she is, how much will that damage her? Especially if Trump really catches her in a big fat lie that HE can prove, or somesuch.

subego
Clinically Insane
Jun 28, 2016, 02:40 PM

It'll go off like all the other times she's lied.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 29, 2016, 09:46 PM

Things that make you go hmmmmmm.
Loretta Lynch, Bill Clinton meet privately in Phoenix - ABC15 Arizona

Our conversation was a great deal about grandchildren, it was primarily social about our travels and he mentioned golf he played in Phoenix," said Lynch Tuesday afternoon while speaking at the Phoenix Police Department.

Sources say the private meeting at the airport lasted around 30 minutes.

"There was no discussion on any matter pending before the Department or any matter pending with any other body, there was no discussion of Benghazi, no discussion of State Department emails, by way of example I would say it was current news of the day, the Brexit decision and what it would mean," she said.
Uh huh. They swapped gumbo recipes too.
45/47

BadKosh  (op)
Professional Poster
Jun 30, 2016, 07:23 AM

Bubba was just trying to trade a stiffy for a pardon or two. Nothing to see here. They met on HIS plane, away from the FBI ears on Lynch's plane. Whats wrong with that?

subego
Clinically Insane
Jun 30, 2016, 11:55 AM

As an irrelevant aside, Huma has great hair.

BadKosh  (op)
Professional Poster
Jun 30, 2016, 12:01 PM

And Weiners nose.

subego
Clinically Insane
Jul 2, 2016, 06:04 AM

Well, besson, today you're going to get your wish. Either this will be over soon or it really most sincerely won't.
( Last edited by subego; Jul 2, 2016 at 06:27 AM. )

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 2, 2016, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
Well, besson, today you're going to get your wish. Either this will be over soon or it really most sincerely won't.
"On counsel’s advice, I invoke my right under the Fifth Amendment not to answer, on the grounds I may incriminate myself."
FBI to Interview Hillary Clinton in Coming Days About Email Scandal, Source Says - ABC News
45/47

BadKosh  (op)
Professional Poster
Jul 2, 2016, 07:36 AM

The Lynch - Clinton meeting did NOTHING for Hillary Supporters. It looks REALLY bad. Why didn't Lynch THINK about it before? She MUST BE an idiot like all of the other Obama appointees.

subego
Clinically Insane
Jul 2, 2016, 07:55 AM

She's positioned herself as being irritated about it.

She was asked right afterwards if there was something Eric Holder didn't tell her about being Attorney General.

She replied "where the lock is on the plane door".

Which I've gotta say, is pretty frickin funny.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 2, 2016, 01:36 PM

Bill already has the questions, I'm not sure why any of Hillary's supporters are worried.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 2, 2016, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
Bill already has the questions, I'm not sure why any of Hillary's supporters are worried.
3 1/2 hours of "I don't recall"
45/47

subego
Clinically Insane
Jul 2, 2016, 11:43 PM

Hillary's server in the closet and Bill's ambush have common components.

In both cases the person in question knows the proper way to do things.

In both cases the person in question does. Not. Give. A. ****.

Judging by how Lynch felt backed into a corner, and the presumed lack of indictment, in both cases the person in question knows you're going to lie back and take it, by golly.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 3, 2016, 01:27 AM

Makes you see how the sexual assault allegations are entirely plausible, doesn't it?

subego
Clinically Insane
Jul 3, 2016, 12:42 PM

It does.

I admit, that's the direction I pointed my choice of metaphor.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 4, 2016, 05:50 PM

There is one big difference today then when the Clintons occupied the WH, social media. We will see if it makes a difference this time.
Huma Abedin admits that Clinton burned daily schedules | New York Post
Hillary Clinton’s closest aide revealed in a deposition last week that her boss destroyed at least some of her schedules as secretary of state — a revelation that could complicate matters for the presumptive Democratic nominee, who, along with the State Department she ran, is facing numerous lawsuits seeking those public records.

Huma Abedin was deposed in connection with a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit into Clinton’s emails — but her admission could be relevant to another lawsuit seeking Clinton’s schedules.

“If there was a schedule that was created that was her Secretary of State daily schedule, and a copy of that was then put in the burn bag, that . . . that certainly happened on . . . on more than one occasion,” Abedin told lawyers representing Judicial Watch, the conservative organization behind the emails lawsuit.

Abedin made the surprising admission in response to a question about document destruction at the Department of State. A lawyer for Judicial Watch asked: “And during your tenure at the State Department, were you aware of your obligation not to delete federal records or destroy federal records?”

‘I’ve never seen anyone put their schedule in the burn bag.’
- Richard Grenell, former diplomat
Abedin was not pressed for more details.

Clinton has admitted to destroying “private personal emails” as secretary of state. But Abedin’s admission that she used so-called “burn bags” — a container that material is placed in before it is destroyed — for some of her schedules is the first time anyone close to her has disclosed destroying public records.
45/47

el chupacabra
Mac Elite
Jul 5, 2016, 11:00 AM

A lot of resources and money are being wasted on this, and by this I mean drawing the investigation out looking for any loopholes for Hillary to slide through to innocence. Just lock her up, charge her, fire her, whatever, like all the other low level employees this has happened to in history for lesser security violations. Why does top 1% royalty with a D in front of her name get a free pass? (of course the questions rhetorical)

BadKosh  (op)
Professional Poster
Jul 5, 2016, 11:22 AM

EXTREMELY CARELESS?? WTF?

Careless isn't what its about!
DID they mishandle classified documents AFTER BEING TOLD EXPLICITLY NOT TO???
SURE!

Thats why the IT guy took the 5th over 125 times!

Comey said
"there is evidence to support a conclusion that any reasonable person in Secretary Clinton’s position or in the position of those with whom she was corresponding about those matters **should have known** that an unclassified system was no place for that conversation."

But it allowed her to hide what she was doing for the Clinton Gangster Money machine, which WAS important, unlike the lowly SecOState job.
( Last edited by BadKosh; Jul 5, 2016 at 11:32 AM. )

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 5, 2016, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
EXTREMELY CARELESS?? WTF?

Careless isn't what its about!
DID they mishandle classified documents AFTER BEING TOLD EXPLICITLY NOT TO???
SURE!

Thats why the IT guy took the 5th over 125 times!
Several email chains had information, that was classified AT THE TIME they were sent and received. Now she is on record as being a liar, more fodder for Trump. (He will use this at the debates) She may not get charged, but Director Comey's words will be used in superpac ads from now until the election. Bubba'a tete a tete with Lynch will also be used.
45/47

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 5, 2016, 11:39 AM

I'll simply reiterate what I said back on May 25 ...

Originally Posted by OAW
When David Petraeus was CIA Director he actually gave classified information to his mistress ... and he was able to simply resign and plead guilty to a misdemeanor for "Mishandling Classified Information". What Sec. Clinton is accused of is a far cry from that. There's been no evidence that national security was actually .... not potentially ... compromised. Add to that the fact that the legal standard ... not the State Department policy standard ... requires intent on her part to jeopardize national security. I've said it before and I'll say it again. This was a straight-up BONEHEADED move on her part. A completely self-inflicted wound on her part so it's real difficult to feel sorry for her now that she's in the hot seat because of it. And the GOP will milk it for all its worth as a political issue. But as a legal issue anyone anticipating some sort of felony indictment over this given the circumstances is being unduly optimistic IMO.
OAW

BadKosh  (op)
Professional Poster
Jul 5, 2016, 11:43 AM

The size of her "boneheaded" move suggests she would be just as big a fukup as POTUS as she was SecOState.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 5, 2016, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by OAW View Post
I'll simply reiterate what I said back on May 25 ...

OAW
What part of this says INTENT.
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/793

f) Whoever, being entrusted with or having lawful possession or control of any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, note, or information, relating to the national defense, (1) through gross negligence permits the same to be removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of his trust, or to be lost, stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, or (2) having knowledge that the same has been illegally removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of its trust, or lost, or stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, and fails to make prompt report of such loss, theft, abstraction, or destruction to his superior officer—
Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.
So, extremely carelessness is not gross negligence?
45/47

BadKosh  (op)
Professional Poster
Jul 5, 2016, 12:09 PM

Not if you're a DEMOCRAT. I sure wouldn't want someone as careless as that as president.
Now we get to hear the extreme re-explaining of events from Hillary's campaign.
"We were Cleared of ALL wrongdoing"
"Just another witch hunt"
"Innocent"
"Vast right wing conspiracy"

Makes you want to barf!

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 5, 2016, 12:12 PM

So, Bubba pardoned one of his CIA directors for having classified info on a home computer.

Former secretary of state Hillary Clinton insists she did nothing wrong by running all of her government communications, including classified material, through her unsecured, home-brewed computer server. Perhaps she’s forgotten one of her husband’s final acts in the Oval Office: issuing a presidential pardon to former CIA director John Deutch. Deutch’s offense? Keeping classified material on unsecured home computers

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...fied-documents
45/47

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 5, 2016, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
So, extremely carelessness is not gross negligence?
Apparently not according to the Republican Director of the FBI.

OAW

BadKosh  (op)
Professional Poster
Jul 5, 2016, 01:05 PM

Politics doesn't appear to have ANYTHING to do with right or wrong, or legal and illegal.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 5, 2016, 01:36 PM

So, she was found to be grossly negligent but won't be prosecuted for it. That sounds about right and it's what I expected, the elite don't get punished for breaking the law, that only happens to plebs.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 5, 2016, 01:45 PM

So, she was found to be grossly negligent but won't be prosecuted for it. That sounds about right and it's what I expected, the elite don't get punished for breaking the law, that only happens to plebs.
Comeys's statements will be juxtaposed with Hillary's in upcoming superpac ads.
45/47

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 5, 2016, 02:01 PM

Is this an example of what you mean?
45/47

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 5, 2016, 04:35 PM

That didn't take long. It hasn't been posted to YouTube yet.
https://www.facebook.com/GOP/videos/10154149145885090/
45/47

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 5, 2016, 05:52 PM

Clinton Versus Comey super cut
45/47

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 5, 2016, 06:03 PM

Aaaaand we're on to round two.
Hillary Clinton Committed Perjury Before Benghazi Committee
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton testified under oath before the House Select Committee on Benghazi last October that she had turned over “all my work related emails” from her private email server to the State Department.
But on Tuesday, FBI director James Comey revealed that the agency had found “several thousand” work-related emails Clinton had not turned over, including three that included information that had been classified at the time that they had been sent.
45/47

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 6, 2016, 12:45 AM

They're wasting their time, Hillary officially is:

P
Jul 6, 2016, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
That was covered in the report.

"We believe our investigation has been sufficient to give us reasonable confidence that there was no intentional misconduct in relation to that sorting effort," Comey said.
So it is covered in the recommendation not to prosecute.

As for the larger point... She probably is above the law, yes, and she knows it. That is why she did what she did. I don't know if some flunkie on a lower level would have got away with the same thing - I am constantly amazed at the kind of things NSA and CIA agents get away with when it comes to spying on ex-girlfriends and the like - but the fact that the privilege might stretch wider than the highest echelons of power doesn't make it better.

Privilege, btw, comes from a term meaning "private law". Sounds about right.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

BadKosh  (op)
Professional Poster
Jul 6, 2016, 09:02 AM

According to Military.com Hillary Clinton would fail to get a Security Clearance.

Eligibility Guidelines for Gaining Security Clearance

GUIDELINE E: PERSONAL CONDUCT
The Concern:
The following will normally result in an unfavorable clearance action or administrative termination of further processing for clearance eligibility:
Refusal to undergo or cooperate with required security processing, including medical and psychological testing
Refusal to complete required security forms, releases, or provide full, frank and truthful answers to lawful questions in connection with a personnel security or trustworthiness determination.
Conditions that could raise a security concern and may be disqualifying include:
Reliable, unfavorable information provided by associates, employers, coworkers, neighbors, and other acquaintances;
The deliberate omission, concealment, or falsification of relevant and material facts from investigations to determine security clearance eligibility;
Personal conduct or concealment of information that may increase a persons susceptibility to blackmail;
A pattern of dishonesty or rule violations, including violation of any written or recorded agreement made between the individual and the agency.
Association with persons involved in criminal activity.

GUIDELINE J: CRIMINAL CONDUCT
The Concern:
A history or pattern of criminal activity creates doubt about a person's judgment, reliability and trustworthiness.
Conditions that could raise a security concern and may be disqualifying include:
Allegations or admissions of criminal conduct, regardless of whether the person was formally charged;
A single serious crime or multiple lesser offenses.

GUIDELINE K: SECURITY VIOLATIONS
The Concern:
Noncompliance with security regulations raises doubt about an individual's trustworthiness, willingness, and ability to safeguard classified information.
Unauthorized disclosure of classified information;
Violations that are deliberate or multiple or due to negligence.

subego
Clinically Insane
Jul 6, 2016, 09:05 AM

Does she still have security clearance?

BadKosh  (op)
Professional Poster
Jul 6, 2016, 09:13 AM

Who'd be the one to ask her? Her staff and IT guy SURE SHOULD NOT. But, laws are only for the little people.

subego
Clinically Insane
Jul 6, 2016, 11:06 AM

I just heard the relevant bit. Comey said she shouldn't be receiving the security briefings she gets as the nominee.
( Last edited by subego; Jul 6, 2016 at 11:29 AM. )

subego
Clinically Insane
Jul 6, 2016, 11:29 AM

I think I misheard things.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 6, 2016, 11:55 AM

I just heard the relevant bit. Comey said she shouldn't be receiving the security briefings she gets as the nominee.
I think I misheard things.
The NY Times reports it was Speaker Ryan.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/07/us...mail.html?_r=0

WASHINGTON — The F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, will go before Congress on Thursday to explain his decision to recommend no criminal charges against Hillary Clinton, a House committee chairman announced Wednesday morning, as Republicans moved to capitalize on Mr. Comey’s stinging rebuke of the presumptive Democratic nominee and her handling of classified emails.

The F.B.I. did not immediately confirm that Mr. Comey would comply, but the announcement by Representative Jason Chaffetz of Utah, chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, came after the House speaker, Paul D. Ryan, said that Mrs. Clinton should be barred from receiving classified information — an extraordinary recommendation even if it is certain to be ignored by the Obama administration.

In addition, Attorney General Loretta Lynch will appear Tuesday before the House Judiciary Committee, and that committee’s chairman, Bob Goodlatte of Virginia, made it clear he would focus on Ms. Lynch’s impromptu meeting with former President Bill Clinton, ahead of the F.B.I.’s announcement.

The decision not to prosecute “is uniquely troubling in light of Attorney General Lynch’s secret meeting with former President Bill Clinton,” Mr. Goodlatte said in announcing the hearing Wednesday morning. “No one is above the law.”

Mr. Ryan’s comments and the grilling of Mr. Comey and Ms. Lynch may escalate a political confrontation between Democrats and Republicans just days before Congress breaks for a recess so the major parties can hold their presidential nominating conventions. Compounding the tension, Donald J. Trump will visit Capitol Hill on Thursday morning to meet with House Republicans.

“What bothers me about this is the Clintons really are living above the law,” Mr. Ryan said on “The Kelly File” on Fox News Channel. “They’re being held by a different set of standards — that is clearly what this looks like. This is why we’re going to have hearings, and this is why I think Comey should give us all the publicly available information to see how and why they reached these conclusions.”

The outrage expressed by influential Republican Congressional leaders, including Mr. Chaffetz, Mr. Goodlatte and Senator Ron Johnson of Wisconsin, the chairman of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, also signaled that far from leaving the email matter to law enforcement authorities, the Republicans still hope to inflict major damage on Mrs. Clinton in support of their presumptive nominee, Mr. Trump.

In a letter to Mr. Comey, Mr. Johnson on Wednesday demanded to know the number of F.B.I. employees assigned to the investigation of Mrs. Clinton’s emails, a list of all F.B.I. resources detailed to the investigation, a cost estimate for the F.B.I. and any other federal department or agency roped in and an explanation of the difference between “extreme carelessness” — the phrase Mr. Comey used the characterize Mrs. Clinton’s behavior — and gross negligence, a prosecutable offense.

Those questions and more should be answered by July 19, the senator demanded, a week before the Democratic National Convention.
45/47

andi*pandi
Jul 6, 2016, 01:42 PM

they are going to make such a movie of this election. Or did they already?

P
Jul 6, 2016, 02:19 PM

It probably needs to be at least a mini-series.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Jul 6, 2016, 06:45 PM

I can't believe you lot have generated 18 pages of discussion on this utter farce.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

subego
Clinically Insane
Jul 6, 2016, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
I can't believe you lot have generated 18 pages of discussion on this utter farce.
I honestly think the farce is a superpower conducting foreign policy from a server in the bathroom closet of a house.

I mean, what could go wrong?

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jul 6, 2016, 07:09 PM

What makes it a farce to me is the partisan politicization of this issue, which is a much bigger issue involving transparency of IT security policies.

subego
Clinically Insane
Jul 6, 2016, 07:19 PM

One way to avoid partisan politicization is by not conducting foreign policy from a server in your house.

Ask yourself a question. Why doesn't Obama have scandal after scandal following him around? Is it because partisan hacks like him? They're giving him a pass?

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 6, 2016, 07:24 PM

The farce is that she's going to walk when dozens have been imprisoned for lesser degrees of the same offense (mishandling of classified documents).

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 6, 2016, 07:27 PM

One way to avoid partisan politicization is by not conducting foreign policy from a server in your house.

Ask yourself a question. Why doesn't Obama have scandal after scandal following him around? Is it because partisan hacks like him? They're giving him a pass?
Ummm... because despite the fact many people disagree with his policies, he does tend to keep from doing overtly hair-brained shit?

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jul 6, 2016, 07:32 PM

I agree, I'm just saying that whatever happens with Hillary, what is stopping other politicians from using technology in dangerous ways out of personal convenience or just human error?

The solution is, for example, forcing all email to be PGP encrypted, injecting an asset that calls home to identify when it is being read on a non-registered network, etc.

Instead, we are just focusing on slapping her on the wrist. Slap away, it doesn't really make us any safer next time around.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jul 6, 2016, 07:47 PM

Do you guys think this is an isolated incident, or the tip of the iceberg?

We are treating this as an isolated incident and expending all our effort into seeing Hillary Clinton being punished without seemingly even asking whether this is the tip of the iceberg.

*this* is what I was trying to say before about distractions, although I admit that the word "distractions" was a distraction.

Forum Links
Forum Rules