Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > I love my new K750i (Pictures)

I love my new K750i (Pictures) (Page 2)
slugslugslug
Mac Elite
Sep 11, 2005, 09:13 PM

I found that shareware I mentioned before: Dreamsicle. It's not an iTunes plug-in, but a separate app that hooks into the the iTunes and iPhoto libraries the way the iLife apps integrate. It also apparently does Auto-fill and video conversion. I will definitely be playing around with it. From the web page, it definitely seems like it'll be worth the money.

DigitalEl
Mac Elite
Sep 13, 2005, 12:21 AM

Hey iDriveX, thanks for the great info. Some brutal reviews, the thought of switching to Cingular (with a 2 year contract, no less) and your glowing recommendation of the Sony Ericsson has pushed me to send back my ROKR... Which is sitting on my kitchen island awaiting its trip to the UPS Store. A SE W800i is on the way!

Everything seems quite straightforward, but how do you drag pre-existing iTunes playlists onto the phone? Or can you? If I drag a playlist, instead of individual music tracks, will the phone import all the songs in that playlist?

ROKR Return Info: A brick & mortar Cingular store took my ROKR back for a refund no questions asked. I asked whether they had been selling a lot of them and the clerk shrugged and admitted "just a few." Now I just await my W800i. I paid for overnight shipping and the Order Status page at SE says my order "is being processed in our distribution center and will be shipped to meet the delivery date," which is today. It's 2:53 p.m. Arizona time. We'll see.
( Last edited by DigitalEl; Sep 13, 2005 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Adding New Info)
Jalen's dad. Carrie's husband.  partisan. Bleu blanc et rouge.

Avenir
Mac Elite
Sep 20, 2005, 08:16 AM

This could be a dumb question, but is it a simple matter of an AC plug adapter, and the phone will charge in the US fine? No need for a voltage converter or anything?

I'm getting tired of my T637's horrible reception, and this phone looks pretty awesome. Then again, I might hold out for the SLVR.

spike[at]avenirex[dot]com | Avenirex
IM - Avenirx | ICQ - 3932806

JHromadka
Mac Elite
Sep 20, 2005, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by hardcat1970
After reading all the posts, i am so interested with the 750, 800 too. However, I bought the unlocked k700i last year and it sucks big way. When you press a button, it has at least 10 second delays, and it makes me wonder for buying another sony ericsson phone again. Are the 750 and 800 phone responsive to command?
The K700 was slow when it was first released but after updating the firmware on it it's much better.

slugslugslug
Mac Elite
Sep 20, 2005, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Avenir
This could be a dumb question, but is it a simple matter of an AC plug adapter, and the phone will charge in the US fine? No need for a voltage converter or anything?

I'm getting tired of my T637's horrible reception, and this phone looks pretty awesome. Then again, I might hold out for the SLVR.
The place that sold me my k750 gave me an AC plug adapter, no transformer. It works fine. It also charges via USB, but then you gotta remember to eject the phone out the Finder before unplugging it, or you get that annoying device removal message.

k2director
Senior User
Sep 21, 2005, 05:12 AM

For iDriveX or any other K750 owners:

Any problems synching calendar data with ICal? When I did so with my old SE 610, calendar alarms would often play at the wrong time. Any problem with a calendar alarm transfering over properly to the K750?

Also, now that you've been using the phone for a couple weeks, have any other unforeseen gotchas or bugs come related to synching Address Book or iCal information with the phone?

Many thanks!

iDriveX  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 23, 2005, 02:38 PM

That problem of alarms and events going off at the wrong time is because you not only have to make sure the time is correct on your phone but also that you have set the correct time zone AND the correct Daylight Savings settings. After changing those settings I never had another problem with them on My T6xx.

As far as my multi-week use of it, no bugs. I've dropped it three times on hard pavement from about 5 feet up and it's sturdy as a rock. No scratches on it, the phone stayed on the whole time, it's great. The T6xx would turn off and scratched so easily. I love my phone.

I haven't tried dragging playlists into the phone, I think you have to drag all the songs over to the phone and then create the playlists on the phone but I've never tried so I can't tell you for sure.

Version 4.0 - Now Powered By iWeb

Lancer409
Professional Poster
Sep 24, 2005, 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by Eug Wanker
That settles it. The ROKR iTunes phone sucks.

It's now not a matter of if, but when I will get the W800i. Or perhaps its replacement next year.

The only thing holding me back is the price. The W800i is CAD$690 locally, which is US$580. For a damn phone.

you DO know that the guys that sign you up (independant shops, not the tmobile or verizon or cingular branded stores) get a big commission for each contract. in san francisco, there are shops that will quote you a lowball price because they are willing to take a commission cut. i got the k750i for 140 + 40 dollars tax (on original). they will also credit me 40 bucks so i basically got it for 140. 1 year contract. i dont get why you guys are ordering it for 500 american. i'm sure you can find it for less, and if not, come down to san francisco =P.

anyways, the w800i, unless you dig the style (which i dont) there is no point in buying it over the k750i. you can do a firmware swap and get the w800's music capabilities. it doesnt sound any better, it just features more organization of your music. i didnt bother, i like my quicklaunch key instead of a "music key" ... all other features are identical. anyways good luck. cheers.

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

k2director
Senior User
Sep 24, 2005, 04:14 PM

Lancer,
What San Francisco retailer did you get your K750 from? I'll give them a try...

iDriveX,
Thanks for the update!

Forum Links
Forum Rules