Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Desktop Icon Text Shadow

Desktop Icon Text Shadow
Ice Spectre
Jan 5, 2005, 09:20 AM

Whilst modding a theme a while back I accidentaly managed to remove the shadow behind the text of the icons on the desktop. I somehow managed to get it back to usual again, and at the time I thought it an annoying glitch, as some of the text was unreadable due to blending in with the background.

However, after the release of the PlasterSTYL guikit, I feel that the shadows behind the text do not fit the minimalistic nature of the theme, and would like to remove them.

So here is my question: is there some program that does this, is there a built in option within the Panther OS that allows it, or is there a resource within Themepark that allows the shadow to be removed?

Thanks in advance if any help can be provided.

EDIT: Also, is there any way to remove the shadow below the menubar? I know Deskshade can do this, but for me it will only perform the task when the icons on the desktop are hidden.

Mighty_Mike_T
Jan 5, 2005, 09:17 PM

Dunno if this helps, but are you using Silk? I seem to recall reading in another thread (search for "silk shadow"*) that setting a custom theme font gets rid of shadows, but I'm not sure.

* "Silk Shadow" or "Shadow Silk" sounds like a cool theme name, at least to me. I wonder what it would look like?

Forum Links
Forum Rules