Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iPod Touch Update

iPod Touch Update
Scott F
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 24, 2008, 01:24 PM

I know I know, it's probably frowned upon, but I have come to learn that this place is a good area to ask this question.

I am looking at purchasing a new iPod and have the touch in mind. I know that WWDC is coming up in the next few weeks, but the sooner I get this, the better.

Do you think the iPod Touch will be receiving a hardware makeover at the Conference? or just the new OS, coinciding with the iPhone 2.0?

With some Apple products (I have heard) if it's been updated in the last 2 weeks or so, you can take it back and get another one. It's probably not true, but I thought I would come around here and ask.

Hope someone can answer my thread.

All the best,

Scott

wilsonng
Senior User
May 24, 2008, 06:23 PM

If you're worried about release cycles, you can go to this web page:

Mac Buyer's Guide: Know When to Buy Your Mac, iPod or iPhone

It's a guesstimate but seems to be fairly spot on. Since the iPod touch got released in February 2008.

More likely than not, it won't have a major hardware makeover. Probably just a bump up in storage capacity.

The most exciting thing awaiting the iPod touch and iPhone will be the release of third party applications to expand the software choices available on the touch/iPhone when it becomes available on the iTunes store.
You can bend my ear. We can talk all day. Just make sure I'm around
When you've finally got something to say. -- TOAD THE WET SPROCKET

Forum Links
Forum Rules