Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > MacHeist nano bundle - 6 apps free to download

MacHeist nano bundle - 6 apps free to download
Veltliner
Mac Elite
Nov 6, 2009, 03:05 AM

Just informing you about an opportunity to get some interesting software for free.

1. Mariner Write

2. Write Room

3. Hordes of Orcs

4. Twitterific

5. Tinygrab

6. Shovebox

You can get it here: MacHeist nanoBundle

There are six days left on this. I think the rule is that they send you the software keys once the number of 500 000 downloads has been surpassed. Some apps might be unlocked right away. (source: MacRumors)

SoBayJake
Forum Regular
Nov 6, 2009, 03:34 AM

Only "Mariner Write" has the 500,000 unlock requirement. All others are immediate (well, once the server catches up!).

I have my 4 serial numbers already. Waiting for ShoveBox, but it says it will be available soon.
Too many Apple/Mac products to even bother listing!

Veltliner  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 6, 2009, 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by SoBayJake View Post
Only "Mariner Write" has the 500,000 unlock requirement. All others are immediate (well, once the server catches up!).

I have my 4 serial numbers already. Waiting for ShoveBox, but it says it will be available soon.
How did you get your serial numbers?

I haven't gotten a single one so far.

Whenever I click on an icon, I get these "buy now or enter serial number" splash screens.

ghporter
Administrator
Nov 6, 2009, 09:07 AM

I'm doing my part, though I don't do much with games nor Twitter. The rest sound interesting.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

SoBayJake
Forum Regular
Nov 6, 2009, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Veltliner View Post
How did you get your serial numbers?

I haven't gotten a single one so far.

Whenever I click on an icon, I get these "buy now or enter serial number" splash screens.
The page after you clicked "Order" should have said something like "Please wait..we're generating your serial numbers. Bookmark this page and come back in a while to check for them."
The URL is of the form: MacHeist nanoBundle

If you didn't bookmark it, try entering "http://www.macheist.com/order/nano" in your address bar, and see if Safari/Firefox autocompletes.

I never received an email. My ShoveBox serial is now listed.
Too many Apple/Mac products to even bother listing!

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 6, 2009, 10:11 PM

Got serials for everything except for Mariner Write.

I just enter my name, but I guess they have my email on file since I've purchase the last 3 MacHeist Bundles.
Bush Tax Cuts == Job Killer
June 2001: 132,047,000 employed
June 2003: 129,839,000 employed
2.21 million jobs were LOST after 2 years of Bush Tax Cuts.

ghporter
Administrator
Nov 6, 2009, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by SoBayJake View Post
The page after you clicked "Order" should have said something like "Please wait..we're generating your serial numbers. Bookmark this page and come back in a while to check for them."
The URL is of the form: MacHeist nanoBundle

If you didn't bookmark it, try entering "http://www.macheist.com/order/nano" in your address bar, and see if Safari/Firefox autocompletes.

I never received an email. My ShoveBox serial is now listed.
I just logged back in and the receipt page had all my serials except for Mariner Write.

msuper69
Professional Poster
Nov 7, 2009, 12:05 AM

Just downloaded the bundle and got all serials except Mariner Write.

Not bad at all. Thanks for the heads-up.

moonmonkey
Professional Poster
Nov 7, 2009, 12:57 AM

So how are they making money?

msuper69
Professional Poster
Nov 7, 2009, 01:45 AM

Just a note about ShoveBox.

It is not a well-behaved Mac application. When you start it, there is no menu displayed so the only way to quit it while entering your initial preferences is to use Activity Monitor. I didn't want to go through all the setup steps right off the bat and discovered that you can't quit it using standard Mac OS X methods. Command-Q is not available.

I'll see what it's like after I go through the setup but really, it's not a good start.

I'm not really complaining as the price is right.

ghporter
Administrator
Nov 7, 2009, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by moonmonkey View Post
So how are they making money?
Currently they are making "buzz" and getting free market research data ("How much would you pay for the bundle?"). It's a solid, though interesting, business approach.

patrix
Nov 7, 2009, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by msuper69 View Post
Just a note about ShoveBox.

It is not a well-behaved Mac application. When you start it, there is no menu displayed so the only way to quit it while entering your initial preferences is to use Activity Monitor. I didn't want to go through all the setup steps right off the bat and discovered that you can't quit it using standard Mac OS X methods. Command-Q is not available.
It's a menubar app, can't you quit it from there? If not, you can at least skip the setup as far as I can remember.. And if not, it's 3 steps only + "ok" on step 4 lol

So far I like it. Exactly what I was looking for to replace Tomboy Notes from GNOME.
Patrix.

Veltliner  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 8, 2009, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by ghporter View Post
I just logged back in and the receipt page had all my serials except for Mariner Write.
Same for me. I hope this gets to 500 000, so we can get that software.

Veltliner  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 8, 2009, 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by ghporter View Post
Currently they are making "buzz" and getting free market research data ("How much would you pay for the bundle?"). It's a solid, though interesting, business approach.
Especially Mariner Software. A younger company that also has a pretty much unknown screenwriting software. Tried it out once, but it was impractical. Wasn't as quick to work with like Final Draft. Speed is kind with screenwriting software.

Anyway, Mariner wants more of its apps out there. Even if they are free for some, friends might just get the taste of it, and buy it.

I guess that's one of the rules of the software market: you have no users, you have no sales. Even if you have a lot of free users, you have more chances to have a sale.

ghporter
Administrator
Nov 8, 2009, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Veltliner View Post
I guess that's one of the rules of the software market: you have no users, you have no sales. Even if you have a lot of free users, you have more chances to have a sale.
Yup. That's how it works in every market.

64stang06
Mac Elite
Nov 9, 2009, 12:11 AM

VirusBarrier is added also, provided you're on Facebook.
MacBook Pro 13" 2.8GHz Core i7/8GB RAM/750GB Hard Drive - Mac OS X 10.7.3

Forum Links
Forum Rules