Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > RSS Visualizer is blank, just blue clouds

RSS Visualizer is blank, just blue clouds
IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Aug 14, 2009, 02:17 PM

It won't display any feeds when I activate the screensaver. Why might this be? I can copy the link to the feed and paste it in my browser, viewing the RSS feed just fine that way.

The "Test" button also just reveals the blue clouds swarming around, but no text.

Anyone?
ice

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 14, 2009, 04:38 PM

Is there any chance some app like Little Snitch might be blocking System Preferences?. Sort of this…

( Last edited by angelmb; Aug 14, 2009 at 04:45 PM. )

ginoledesma
Mac Elite
Aug 15, 2009, 12:01 PM

I've noticed this before with certain feeds. Are you using an online feed aggregator by chance, such as Google Reader? If so, creating a bookmark in Safari of said link and using that within the RSS Visualizer seems to have helped.

Another instance I've seen is when the computer is unable to make an outbound Internet connection to get its feeds.

Forum Links
Forum Rules