Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > The Simpsons tonight!

The Simpsons tonight! (Page 2)
Dakarʒ
Professional Poster
Jul 30, 2007, 01:58 PM

I suddenly need Jawbone's guidance. The resident forum prude needs to weight on the Bart wang phenomenon.

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Jul 30, 2007, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Cipher13 View Post
They also have plausible deniability... they could simply say he was holding his hand down there, as it wasn't exactly a detailed picture.

Anyway, nudity doesn't bother me, nor should it anybody else... but it's just another indication of how awful the movie was. Resorting to nudity for humour?

Yeah, no thanks.
I thought Bart's wank being drawn so silly and unrealistic was the joke itself, in that people will find a way to become offended or scandalized by Bart's yellow non-penis-looking junk. Or maybe a nod to those who were pondering whether or not there would be nudity in it the movie long before it came out. It was ridiculous on purpose, much like all Simpsons humor!

The whole Bart being naked scene was hilarious, so I didn't as "resorting to nudity." I laughed even harder after that shot.

I'm surprised there's such a split on the reception! Ah well, to each his own.

Here's a shot of the offensive penis in question. [/lolspoiler]

iREZ
Professional Poster
Jul 30, 2007, 05:12 PM

for all we know it could be bart giving us the finger upside down, and getting upset about kids seeing that sorta stuff is the same thing as kids watching 50% of the family guy episodes there. if you dont want your kids to see it, dont take em...its not a disney/pixar movie.
NOW YOU SEE ME! 2.4 MBP and 2.0 MBP (running ubuntu)

d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 30, 2007, 06:18 PM

i was actually being facetious about the weiner [doodle] gag. i thought it was great. seems on nearly every online forum there's some joker who titles a thread "ZOMG LOOK AT THIS WET PUSSY" but when you click you see nothing but a wet cat. this was kind of like that, but you know, wittier.

i liked the movie, but i feel pretty confident that i got the full experience. i might see it again on dvd, but for now, my simpsons hunger had been sated.

i liked it, it had a very early simpsons feel to it.

Dakarʒ
Professional Poster
Aug 2, 2007, 10:07 AM

Finally got to see it last night. It was good, but the pacing seemed off, and they resorted to too many different camera angles than normal.

The 'controversial' doodle scene was probably one of the funniest in the movie. And it was executed in a completely Simpsonesque manner.

Overall I can't give it more that a C+. The Bart subplot was pretty boring, the Lisa subplot was even more boring, and the movie just didn't visit the shows recurring characters enough (barely, really). Also, they should have addressed the fact that Ahnold was Reiner Wolfcastle with brown hair. It would have been pretty funny to have the characters run into each other and acknowledge the inconsistency (Better yet, they should just have made Wolfcastle president, but whatever).

Cadaver
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 2, 2007, 12:21 PM

I thought it was very fuuny. So did my kids (and, no, I do not believe a yellow cartoon penis is going to scar my children for life).

Forum Links
Forum Rules