Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > I never thought something being shot would be so beautiful.

I never thought something being shot would be so beautiful.
brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 21, 2010, 03:10 PM

Who knew that seeing Steve Jobs' money makers fried, shot and run over (only a few of the options shown) would be so beautiful?

Apple Destroyed Products | Fubiz™

subego
Clinically Insane
Nov 21, 2010, 03:36 PM

I had seen this mentioned in some blog, but they chose the one that was all sliced (is that a mouse?) I think that was a bad decision, that's the least interesting photo.

Thanks for making me take another look.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Nov 21, 2010, 07:31 PM

Am I the only one who thinks this kind of thing (and the Will it Blend videos) that destroy expensive tech that many people can't afford is crazy wasteful?

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Nov 22, 2010, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by imitchellg5 View Post
Am I the only one who thinks this kind of thing (and the Will it Blend videos) that destroy expensive tech that many people can't afford is crazy wasteful?
Yep.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Nov 22, 2010, 12:27 AM

Oh. Okay. I guess it's just weird to me that I can't afford an iPad or the like but yet people can just buy them to destroy them.

brassplayersrock²  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 22, 2010, 01:10 AM

Videos and photos like these help quiet the parts of our minds that say "what if I did this, or that, to (insert object here)" so that we don't have to go buy things just to destroy them.

subego
Clinically Insane
Nov 22, 2010, 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by imitchellg5 View Post
Oh. Okay. I guess it's just weird to me that I can't afford an iPad or the like but yet people can just buy them to destroy them.
I think part of the Will It Blend schtick is pissing people off, whereas this is a little different.

I think there's more to it than this, but at the least, this photographer is demonstrating marketable skill in making things look pretty. Enough to repurchase what was destroyed and then sone.

subego
Clinically Insane
Nov 22, 2010, 01:42 AM

Oh, and...

SSharon
Professional Poster
Nov 22, 2010, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
I think part of the Will It Blend schtick is pissing people off, whereas this is a little different.

I think there's more to it than this, but at the least, this photographer is demonstrating marketable skill in making things look pretty. Enough to repurchase what was destroyed and then sone.
I'm not sure, but I thought I remember seeing a will it blend blender being ebayed after it blended something. I think it even commanded higher than retail price.

In other words, the people destroying some of this expensive tech aren't being wasteful at all, they get something in return. Blendtech sells the blended and doesn't lose a dime and an artist gets recognition that could lead to more sales so it isn't the worst of investments.
AT&T iPhone 5S and 6; 13" MBP; MDD G4.

savvy.gaile
Baninated
Nov 22, 2010, 11:07 PM

Wasteful? Yes. Beautiful? Certainly. There's always something
in people that responds to destruction. There's something about seeing
modern gadgets destroyed as it serves to remind us that no matter
how advanced we get we are always vulnerable.

Forum Links
Forum Rules