Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Where will the 1st Macnn member-owned Power Mac Picture Post come from??

Where will the 1st Macnn member-owned Power Mac Picture Post come from??
masugu
Senior User
Aug 8, 2006, 05:11 PM

Any guesses?
US
> If so which state?

Abroad?
>> If So which country?
masugu - "Straight Ahead"
BlacBook Core Duo / Original Intel-based MB - DIY Core i7 PC |

Ouhei
Aug 8, 2006, 05:26 PM

Power Mac pics have been around for a while...
Macbook - [1.83] - [2gig] - [60gig] - [White]
iPod Nano - [2gig] - [White]

brokenjago
Mac Elite
Aug 8, 2006, 08:32 PM

I'm assuming he meant Mac Pro

I imagine somewhere in the states... California?
Linkinus is king.

thetman
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 8, 2006, 08:52 PM

i dont have an apple store near me but im guessing they havnt arrived in stores yet, correct ?

memento
Mac Elite
Aug 8, 2006, 09:11 PM

At least they don't have any except one for display at the Apple store in Albany NY. I'm calling them daily for a status update. They're supposed to call me when they get them in, but the last time they said that, they never called. I'll post here when they get them in (and I get mine!)
"Destroy your ego. Trust your brain. Destroy your beliefs. Trust your divinity." -Danny Carey

MacPro Quad 2.66, G4 MDD dual 867, 23" Cinema Display and 17" LCD, G4 Quicksilver dual 800, 12" Powerbook 867, iMac 300 Grape, B&W G3/300 with G4/450 running yellowdog, iPod 5GB, iPod mini, PowerCenter 150, Powercenter 132 tower, Performa 6116, Quadra 700, MacSE, LC II, eMate 300

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Aug 8, 2006, 10:07 PM

They had one on display yesterday at the Apple Store Southcenter in WA state, it was put on display at about 4:30.

wowway1
Forum Regular
Aug 9, 2006, 09:26 AM

A member over at macrumors got his yesterday and has pics and is answering questions. Apparently ordered online (stock config) as soon as the store came back up after the keynote.

memento
Mac Elite
Aug 9, 2006, 02:15 PM

I was going to order online, but they require a signature on delivery and I work (and therefore can't sit around at home waiting to sign). Would've just been a mess.
"Destroy your ego. Trust your brain. Destroy your beliefs. Trust your divinity." -Danny Carey

MacPro Quad 2.66, G4 MDD dual 867, 23" Cinema Display and 17" LCD, G4 Quicksilver dual 800, 12" Powerbook 867, iMac 300 Grape, B&W G3/300 with G4/450 running yellowdog, iPod 5GB, iPod mini, PowerCenter 150, Powercenter 132 tower, Performa 6116, Quadra 700, MacSE, LC II, eMate 300

dilettante
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 9, 2006, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by memento
I was going to order online, but they require a signature on delivery and I work (and therefore can't sit around at home waiting to sign). Would've just been a mess.
I'm not sure who Apple uses for shipping but if you aren't home when a delivery comes they (i.e. FedEx and UPS) usually leave a note with a phone number you can call to arrange a local pickup at the warehouse instead. It might take a day or two longer to get it, but you'll get it.

Simon
Posting Junkie
Aug 9, 2006, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by memento
I was going to order online, but they require a signature on delivery and I work (and therefore can't sit around at home waiting to sign).
They deliver to work addresses. I get all my home Macs that way.
•

tobyg
Aug 9, 2006, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Simon
They deliver to work addresses. I get all my home Macs that way.
Simon,

Do you know if they would deliver the Mac Pro inside another relatively hard to identify package? Such as, a bigger brown box?

It's not that I'm embarrassed or in the closet about liking macs, but I would want to ship this to my work address. The problem with that is, if they know I know anything about Macs they will make me support them at work. Macs are for pleasure for me, not for work!

Simon
Posting Junkie
Aug 9, 2006, 04:21 PM

I understand. I'm glad those people I support on Macs have to return the favor when I need help with really ugly crap like VxWorks.

All my Apple hardware arrived in brown boxes. The only exception was when I bought my 23" ACD. It came with only the black box.
•

memento
Mac Elite
Aug 9, 2006, 04:26 PM

I'm sure they do, but I can't have it delivered to my work. Hopefully the Apple stores will be getting them PDQ! I figure that they will have high priority.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Aug 9, 2006, 05:33 PM

Macs almost always come inside a brown box, except they seem to not do that with displays though.

masugu  (op)
Senior User
Aug 9, 2006, 09:07 PM

Doh...moot by now, but I did mean Mac Pro... I was at the Palo Alto store today - the one in Steve's back yard...They said they would have em on display in a day or so. Not sure if they are for sale.

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Aug 9, 2006, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by imitchellg5
Macs almost always come inside a brown box, except they seem to not do that with displays though.
The only Macs that I've seen come inside a brown box are notebooks. Desktops, or at least Power Macs, do not come inside a protective brown box.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Aug 9, 2006, 11:39 PM

Really? My iMac came in one, and on Flickr there are a few pics of iMacs coming in one. I thought the Power Mac G5's came in them too.

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Aug 9, 2006, 11:47 PM

My old 2GHz G5 iMac came in one way back when, but I wasn't sure if it was because I ordered from ExperCom or not.

But the towers do not come in a brown box.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

memento
Mac Elite
Aug 10, 2006, 06:04 PM

Apple Store in Albany has them now! I just picked mine up. Stock 2.66. Once more mac to add to my sig!

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Aug 10, 2006, 06:46 PM

G5 boxes are black, as seen here.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Aug 10, 2006, 08:11 PM

We were talking about the outside shipping boxes that go over the product box.

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Aug 10, 2006, 08:36 PM

The G5 had none.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

MaxPower2k3
Mac Elite
Aug 10, 2006, 09:14 PM

Indeed, only laptops and the mac mini have shipping boxes. iMacs and G5s (and eMacs before they were discontinued) are shipped in their regular box.

"I start fires!"

tobyg
Aug 10, 2006, 09:22 PM

Turns out I found one at an apple store today. Decided to just get one there instead of shipping one. I really wanted to do a bit of customizing, oh well. This will still work

masugu  (op)
Senior User
Aug 10, 2006, 10:20 PM

Tobya and Memento... I hate you both

Enjoy!! Give us your reviews...

And post some pix dammit

memento
Mac Elite
Aug 11, 2006, 03:45 PM

pics are coming! I have to transfer my 12,000+ photo library over first. What I love the most is the CPU monitor with 4 bars. oh yeah.

Forum Links
Forum Rules