Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > truphone + ipod touch whats the deal?

truphone + ipod touch whats the deal?
tkmd
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 11, 2008, 12:08 PM

I would be very interested in ditching my cell phone for home use and pick up an ipod touch and put this app on it. Has anyone been using this app yet with voyage? If so, what else did you have to purchase with the ipod touch to make this work? I never had voyage before so I am not sure what else you need....
Pismo 400 | Powerbook 1.5 GHz | MacPro 2.66/6GB/7300GT

Makay.Murray
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 18, 2008, 05:50 PM

from my understanding of the whole set-up you can get the application on your iPod just fine, However you will need a headset, a bluetooth jawbone, the apple microphone + earphones or someother AUDIO input device because the iPod does not have a mic. (if you have the newly released iPod touch you will not need a earphone because it has built in speakers now.)

as for the Vayage service you would need that.

but its like a fraction of a cent a minute so its TOTALY worth it verses a phone plan

-good luck my friend

Forum Links
Forum Rules