Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Order Status Thread

Order Status Thread (Page 7)
bcaslis
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 30, 2004, 03:32 PM

I've always paid express for computers from Apple, but when I've shipped packages myself via UPS ground there is never a scan between the departure and the station at the destination no matter how far.

Originally posted by K107:
I placed my order on 4/22 and it shipped out on 4/27. With an Estimated delivery of 5/1. It left SACRAMENTO, CA on 4/27 at 11:30am. I live in NEW YORK. Shouldn't there be a check point were this package gets scanned again or pass on to another truck. My brother is making fun of me saying someone stole it. HAHA very funny but he did bring up the point that it should have been through another check point. Unless the driver is driving it all the way to NEW YORK. If he is that a bitch of a trip. What to you people think??
MacBook Pro 17" 2.4 Ghz, 4GB ram, 200GB 7200rpm HD

troymurray
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 30, 2004, 03:38 PM

>PowerBook G4 17" 1.5GHz, 2 GB, 128MB VRAM, 80 GB HD@5400rpm

2GB RAM!
Troy Murray

K107
Apr 30, 2004, 04:01 PM

Originally posted by bcaslis:
I've always paid express for computers from Apple, but when I've shipped packages myself via UPS ground there is never a scan between the departure and the station at the destination no matter how far.
WOW is that truck driver driving all the way to NYC From CA. That some s--t. It should be passed off to another truck heading this way. And if it is being passed off. It should be scaned. All well It should be here tomorrow. I hope, I hope, I hope. THE PAIN IT HURTS I WANT MY FIRST PB.

You know whats funny, my brother is moving out tomorrow. He keeps making fun of me about my PB. So instead of helping him move I'll be at home waiting for my PB. HAAAAAAAAAA who laughing now.

reybart
Forum Regular
Apr 30, 2004, 04:03 PM

I was expecting my new PB 12 Sd to arrive on Monday because that's what the tracking said (ordered last Sunday), but when I checked it today, it had been out for delivery. Now, I am the happiest mac new owner Checking everything and my colleagues are even so jealous. So FAST and SWEET!!

troymurray
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 30, 2004, 04:52 PM

I placed my order on 4/27 for a 12" with SD and upgraded 5400 RPM hard drive. I also selected the .Mac promotion and then at checkout selected to have them shipped together, but paid the $15 for faster shipping.

Funny thing on the check out screen was that the PowerBook had a ship date of 1-3 business days and the .Mac 3-5 days. Currently my order is still listed as "OPEN", wonder if it's the .Mac holding things up. Now I wish I wouldn't have checked the "ship together" box, but I was afriad they'd charge me double shipping to send both items seperate and I didn't want to pay $15 to have my .Mac right away.

O well, live and learn I suppose.
Troy Murray

bcaslis
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 30, 2004, 05:22 PM

Yes, I decided enough with what's sensible, let's go for it!

Originally posted by troymurray:
>PowerBook G4 17" 1.5GHz, 2 GB, 128MB VRAM, 80 GB HD@5400rpm

2GB RAM!

yongfook
Forum Regular
Apr 30, 2004, 05:33 PM

PRAISE JEBUS!

My Powerbook has been shipped as of 30th April. Thats quite a way ahead of the estimated shipping date that was previously showing until yesterday of 12th May!

Of course, as murphy's law dictates, I had planned to be on vacation for much of next week, which probably means my powerbook will arrive whilst I'm gone and I will have to faff around with re-deliveries and still just get it around 12th May anyway. meh.
http://www.yongfook.com

K107
Apr 30, 2004, 06:01 PM

Ok I live in new york like I said before. I just checked fedex and it is in got to NJ at 5:13am and scanned at 1:50pm and departed at 6:34pm. So what you think the olds are am going to get it today. How late does FedEx drop off packages to your house? Because unless I'm wrong I don't think they deliver on weekends then I have to wait to monday. I know all these are silly questions. But when your waiting for you PB man o man o man.
( Last edited by K107; Apr 30, 2004 at 07:12 PM. )

K107
Apr 30, 2004, 07:45 PM

Ok so am waiting for my PB to get here so to pass the time instead of checking the website to track the package. I decide to call the fedex automated phone tracking. When I called it said that let left NJ at 6:34pm in route to its final destination and it gave my zip code. And there is no FedEx sort facility in that zip code. So I SHOULD be getting it in a couple of hours.

So I guess if anybody wants to know the next stop your PB is taking I guess you can call the number and it will tell you the next stop the # is 1-800-762-3725.

troymurray
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 30, 2004, 07:48 PM

I wonder if you pay the extra $15 for faster shipping if that qualifies you to receive Saturday delivery. Anyone know?

Troy Murray

troymurray
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 30, 2004, 07:50 PM

Originally posted by K107:
So I guess if anybody wants to know the next stop your PB is taking I guess you can call the number and it will tell you the next stop the # is 1-800-762-3725.
Wonder if I call Apple with my order number if they can tell me anything more then that the order is "open".
Troy Murray

bcaslis
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 30, 2004, 07:56 PM

Sorry but no, it doesn't include Saturday delivery. From your other question, it you call them sometimes you can get more information than opening depending on where your order is in the process.

I wonder if you pay the extra $15 for faster shipping if that qualifies you to receive Saturday delivery. Anyone know?

K107
Apr 30, 2004, 07:58 PM

I think it will be. I choose the free shipping and if I get it today it will be 4 days. So ani't the faster shiping by air or

hey where's my Powerbook, where's my Powerbook.

0s and 1s
Forum Regular
Apr 30, 2004, 08:53 PM

Originally posted by bcaslis:
That's not true. I've tracked a lot of shipments that showed the in between stops.

0s and 1s
Forum Regular
Apr 30, 2004, 11:05 PM

My PB just arrived at Anchorage, AK. It should be here by 1030am on 5/03!! I can't wait.

mrwalker
Dedicated MacNNer
May 1, 2004, 08:50 AM

Originally posted by mrwalker:
I just spoke to TNT, and for some reason they are transporting my Powerbook from Eindhoven, Netherlands to Edinburgh, Scotland by road!

30 Apr 2004 00:10, Eindhoven - Shipped From Originating Depot

30 Apr 2004 19:46, Arnhem Hub - Consignment Passed Through Transit Point

01 May 2004 13:26, Northampton Hub - Consignment Received At Transit Point

Come on! Drive like the wind!

-mrwalker

RooneyX
Mac Elite
May 1, 2004, 09:01 AM

You guys are drooling insanity like kids waiting for Santa to come down the chimney...from Shanghai.

0s and 1s
Forum Regular
May 1, 2004, 10:27 AM

OK...this is strange. My package went from Anchorage to Indiana! I don't understand why it would do that when I'm in LA, CA. Strange...

mrwalker
Dedicated MacNNer
May 1, 2004, 10:40 AM

Originally posted by RooneyX:
You guys are drooling insanity like kids waiting for Santa to come down the chimney...from Shanghai.
We know, but it's somehow OK if we all do it together

albook
Dedicated MacNNer
May 1, 2004, 11:27 AM

Anyone have a good explanation why so many of you Americans have got your baby`s, but not a single one of us Europeans have got ours!
I ordered a BTO 15" PB on Apple Store monday the 19. and it still do not show any tracking information on the "Apple Shipment Status" page.
It tells me it was shipped the 25. but no information where it was shipped from and where it is at the moment!
The carrier is: TNT Nederland B.V.

I am beginning to dislike this!
Why the cant Apple have a decent tracking system?

But I try to see it from the bright side.
I know its comming, its just so frustrating to sitt here on my Dell plastic laptop and see all you guys enjoying your new toys!
( Last edited by albook; May 1, 2004 at 11:45 AM. )

bcaslis
Dedicated MacNNer
May 1, 2004, 02:06 PM

I assume there is some central hub for customs and routing. I'm in Oregon and mine went China - Alaska - Indiana - Portland - local office.

Originally posted by 0s and 1s:
OK...this is strange. My package went from Anchorage to Indiana! I don't understand why it would do that when I'm in LA, CA. Strange...

bcaslis
Dedicated MacNNer
May 1, 2004, 02:08 PM

Well to be fair, I think the tracking issue is the carrier not Apple. Once mine shipped from Apple, the only thing has is the Fedex tracking number. From there all the tracking info comes from Fedex (for us in the U.S.). Apple should give you a tracking number for the carrier, but then it's up to the carrier to give you info.

Originally posted by albook:
Anyone have a good explanation why so many of you Americans have got your baby`s, but not a single one of us Europeans have got ours!
I ordered a BTO 15" PB on Apple Store monday the 19. and it still do not show any tracking information on the "Apple Shipment Status" page.
It tells me it was shipped the 25. but no information where it was shipped from and where it is at the moment!
The carrier is: TNT Nederland B.V.

I am beginning to dislike this!
Why the cant Apple have a decent tracking system?

But I try to see it from the bright side.
I know its comming, its just so frustrating to sitt here on my Dell plastic laptop and see all you guys enjoying your new toys!

Andrew Stephens
Mac Elite
May 1, 2004, 03:48 PM

I'm in the UK.

According to Apple mine was in transit between Taiwan and Luxembourg on Friday. Due in LMB on Friday pm, them 2 days in customs before TNT from LMB to Gloucestershire (next day). Roll o Tuesday.

Damn you Bank Holiday Monday, Damn You all to Heck!!

ewdafa
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 1, 2004, 05:22 PM

The PowerBook I ordered is gonna be the first Apple product I have ever owned or bought.

Let me see if I get this ordering process right:
- The credit card/shipping address authorization goes through and you are sent a 'Confirmation' email.
- When the product has been packaged, they whack it into storage and send you a 'Shipped' email.
- The packages are picked up and send off to whatever location by Apple.
- They sit in customs for a bit and then are picked up by the courier service. (From here on the tracking actually works).
- Courier service deliver it to your door.

Is that about right or am I missing something?

I was kind of half expecting to be able to track the thing as soon as the 'Shipped' email had been sent.

Edit: Yes bank holiday mondays suck

Phil the Fish
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 1, 2004, 06:42 PM

Originally posted by ewdafa:
The PowerBook I ordered is gonna be the first Apple product I have ever owned or bought.

- The credit card/shipping address authorization goes through and you are sent a 'Confirmation' email.
- When the product has been packaged, they whack it into storage and send you a 'Shipped' email.
- They sit in customs for a bit and then are picked up by the courier service. (From here on the tracking actually works).

Is that about right or am I missing something?

That's about the sum of it .. or at least my experience so far...

I was kind of half expecting to be able to track the thing as soon as the 'Shipped' email had been sent.

So was I ... only found out that it was in Luxumburg on Friday when I phoned Apple ...... still have no joy with my tracking number for TNT on their web site .... just get the same old "not found" reply

Edit: Yes bank holiday mondays suck

yup ... but then I could be at work if it was a normal Monday .. and still not be able to play with the toy even if they did deliver .... roll on Tues / Wednesday

Phil
Phil the Fish
15" PowerBook 1.5GHz, SuperDrive, 5400rpm 80GB, IGB RAM/128MB VRAM
PM G4 D500 1.25GB RAM, 40GB HD

vinster
Senior User
May 1, 2004, 07:17 PM

Originally posted by ewdafa:

Here's how I see the transaction occurring in Europe.

- Order placed with Applestore.
- First step is the order is acknowledged, meaning it's been accepted initially into their system (e-mail sent).
- Second step is order confirmation. I think this means they've verified (but not charged) the card / shipping addresses, etc. to make sure it's a legitimate order and have begun the fulfillment process.
- Apple's manufacturing and assembly plants in Asia receive lists of items for dispatch. If you're getting other items (accessories and so forth), these are ordered from the various suppliers at this time.
- Items are assembled, tested and dispatched to the logistics supplier for export to the various regions. For Europe, it's Kuhene and Nagle (not sure of the spelling). At this point, your card's debited and a shipping confirmation e-mail is sent. On Apple's tracking page, you can see the item as it goes through the export process on it's way to whatever region in the world in which you live.
- Once the computer's gone through the export/import process, your order's either consigned to TNT or, if you've bought other accessories such as a laptop case, iPod, etc., combined into a single delivery and dispatched.
- Then it's out for delivery ASAP. A day or two after the delivery, Apple Ireland sends you an invoice/order receipt.

All in all, I think Apple has a pretty good system. There are a lot of logistics involved in delivering thousands of computers a day to customers around the globe, and I wold think in the majority of cases Apple meets their estimated delivery timelines. Ordering from Apple's not all that different than ordering from a company such as Amazon.

I think the main reason why American consumers get their computers so quickly compared to Europe is that it looks as if a single carrier (FedEx) handles the export and, in most cases, delivery to the end user. The US is also right across the international dateline so the initial leg of the shipment from Taiwan or China arrives earlier than it left in local time.

There are some pros and cons to getting stuff directly from Apple. The good thing is that your item's fresh from the factory floor. One thing I like is my PowerBook was assembled in week 17 (the week of the announcement and the week I ordered) and hasn't been sitting in some cold warehouse for a month. The other thing is that you're buying directly from the manufacturer which can help if you have problems down the road. Most importantly, you can spec out the computer to your preference through the Apple store online. The hard part's waiting for it to arrive (especially for those of you who will be getting them on Tuesday).
( Last edited by vinster; May 1, 2004 at 07:30 PM. )

ewdafa
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 1, 2004, 08:06 PM

Sounds reasonable.

They appear to have a few kinks in the system at the moment but I guess they'll be ironed out soon enough.

I'm probably not expecting to recieve it until late this week/early next week. I still can't get the location of the package or anything from the apple website so I presume while it has been 'shipped' since 27th, it hasn't budged an inch. Maybe it just arrived late friday and no-one was around to run them through the system.

I'll see what happens tuesday.

Phil the Fish
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 1, 2004, 08:09 PM

Originally posted by vinster:
Here's how I see the transaction occurring in Europe.

- Order placed with Applestore.
- First step is the order is acknowledged, meaning it's been accepted initially into their system (e-mail sent).
- Second step is order confirmation. I think this means they've verified (but not charged) the card / shipping addresses, etc. to make sure it's a legitimate order and have begun the fulfillment process.
- Apple's manufacturing and assembly plants in Asia receive lists of items for dispatch. If you're getting other items (accessories and so forth), these are ordered from the various suppliers at this time.
- Items are assembled, tested and dispatched to the logistics supplier for export to the various regions. For Europe, it's Kuhene and Nagle (not sure of the spelling). At this point, your card's debited and a shipping confirmation e-mail is sent. ..--snip ----
OMG .... the penny finally dropped .... I'd been using the fully 16 digit code starting with 80 ...... I just looked back over my e-mails and realised I only needed the first 10 digits
I really wish it had been more obvious on the status page on the Apple site ..... that I only needed the first 10 digits AND NOT the whole tracking number given!!!!!

so now we have the following info from TNT express site...

Date Time Location Status
01 May 2004_ 18:08_ Northampton Hub_ Consignment Received At Transit Point_
01 May 2004_ 13:52_ Northampton Hub_ Consignment Received At Transit Point_
30 Apr 2004_ 21:11_ Arnhem Hub_ Consignment Received At Transit Point_
30 Apr 2004_ 20:43_ Arnhem Hub_ Consignment Passed Through Transit Point_
30 Apr 2004_ 20:06_ Eindhoven_ Shipped From Originating Depot_
30 Apr 2004_ 19:56_ Arnhem Hub_ Consignment Passed Through Transit Point_

So it's in the UK and now looks like Tuesday ..... oooooh

Phil
Phil the Fish

Martiny
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 2, 2004, 03:46 AM

There is, go to http://www.apecode.com/appletrack/ to track your PB from Taiwan until the place in Europe where TNT picks it up. You should use the 10-digit number starting with 8011xxxxxx.

My PB shipped on the 28th, but the last entry I got says:
28 apr 04 Departed from product source Apple Shanghai

Why are the shipments to Europe so slow compared with the US deliveries I have been reading about in this thread
( Last edited by Martiny; May 2, 2004 at 08:32 AM. )
"If you think programming is a small thing, that's why your programs are so large."
- Alan Kay

Keiretsu
Dedicated MacNNer
May 2, 2004, 06:55 AM

Originally posted by Martiny:
There is, go to http://www.apecode.com/appletrack/ to track your PB from Taiwan until the place in Europe where TNT picks it up. You should use the 10-digit number starting with 8011xxxxxx.

Why are the shipments to Europe so slow compared with the US deliveries I have been reading about in this thread
That tracking thingy is ultrracool! Thx a million. BTW my PB may sit in the same Container as yours (same date of shipment) ;-)

You can even bookmark the page i you change the URL slightly:
http://www.apecode.com/cgi-bin/kuehn...ack=8011xxxxxx

Just put your 10-digit number in place of 8011xxxxxx
( Last edited by Keiretsu; May 2, 2004 at 08:34 AM. )

albook
Dedicated MacNNer
May 2, 2004, 08:32 AM

Thanks a lot for the link!
My PB was shipped from Shanghai the 24, and the last entry says:
30 apr 04 - delivered to third party - source Apple Shanghai

I hope for a delivery on tuesday.

Martiny
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 2, 2004, 08:45 AM

Originally posted by albook:
Thanks a lot for the link!
My PB was shipped from Shanghai the 24, and the last entry says:
30 apr 04 - delivered to third party - source Apple Shanghai
Then you should be able to track your shipment via TNT by clicking on the tracking number on your KN/apecode status page that link directly to TNT tracking.

BTW I am curious to know what events/entries you had before "delivered to third party" - are there any entries between "departed from product source" and your current status? thanks.
"If you think programming is a small thing, that's why your programs are so large."
- Alan Kay

albook
Dedicated MacNNer
May 2, 2004, 10:23 AM

Then you should be able to track your shipment via TNT by clicking on the tracking number on your KN/apecode status page that link directly to TNT tracking.

BTW I am curious to know what events/entries you had before "delivered to third party" - are there any entries between "departed from product source" and your current status? thanks.
Here are my complete list from the KN/apecode page:
  • 30 apr 04 - delivered to third party - Apple Shanghai
    29 apr 04 - departed direct - KN Luxemburg
    29 apr 04 - arrived at EDC - KN Luxemburg
    24 apr 04 - departed from product source - Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai
    24 apr 04 - boxes scanned - Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai
    24 apr 04 - Data received from supplier - Apple Shanghai
So it should at least be in Luxemburg! If not on its way to Norway...

When I click the Tracking number on the KN/apecode page it goes to TNT tracking, which says "Not found".
Maybe the tracking information do not update in the weekends?

Phil the Fish
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 3, 2004, 02:58 PM

aaaaaarrrrrrr ...... agony ..... I've just looked on the TNT site .. and my new baby is sitting in the depot ... just 5 miles away on this rather rainy bank holiday monday ....... so close and yet so far!!!!
It's going to be a Loooonnnng night.....

Phil
Phil the Fish

0s and 1s
Forum Regular
May 3, 2004, 04:57 PM

My PB finally arrived. The tracking showed that it would arrive before 1030am. They were 4 minutes late!! No dead pixels, no problems, just lovely......

ewdafa
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 3, 2004, 07:11 PM

WOOHOO my shipment is on the move. it's just left shanghai.

mrwalker
Dedicated MacNNer
May 4, 2004, 03:10 AM

Whey! This has been a long time coming!

04 May 2004 06:37 Edinburgh Out For Delivery
04 May 2004 06:34 Edinburgh Import Received
01 May 2004 14:07 Northampton Hub Consignment Received At Transit Point
30 Apr 2004 19:46 Arnhem Hub Consignment Passed Through Transit Point
30 Apr 2004 00:10 Eindhoven Shipped From Originating Depot

EDIT - Arrived 9:20am, It's great!

EDIT - 7:20pm, I'm bored of it now & I kind of miss this thread!

-mrwalker
( Last edited by mrwalker; May 4, 2004 at 02:30 PM. )

rm199
Mac Enthusiast
May 4, 2004, 07:35 AM

mrw: congrats!! Mine had a similar import time this morning, due before 2pm!

Andrew Stephens
Mac Elite
May 4, 2004, 03:17 PM

Nice to hear people are getting their machines OK.

Grrrrr.... I spoke to Apple on Friday, should have got mine today. They called this morning to tell me had "dissapeared" from their tracking and then again this afternoon to say that actually they had found it...still being assembled in Taiwan, expect 8-10 more days for delivery. Then again later to tell me that actually it had shipped out of Taiwan on Friday and was en route to Luxenbourg (the same story I was told on Friday).
TNT's shipping ref shows nothing so I don't know where it's gone.

It's dang frustrating and apple won't do anything until Friday, if it still isn't here as they are stillwithin their maximum delivery time until Thursday pm.

It's great to have these wonderful tracking systems, buy you gotta put the information IN!!!!

My best guess is that it is actually in the boot of a baggage handlers car at LMB airport. Hope he enjoys it

albook
Dedicated MacNNer
May 4, 2004, 04:07 PM

Originally posted by Andrew Stephens:
TNT's shipping ref shows nothing so I don't know where it's gone.

It's dang frustrating and apple won't do anything until Friday, if it still isn't here as they are stillwithin their maximum delivery time until Thursday pm.

It's great to have these wonderful tracking systems, buy you gotta put the information IN!!!
Try these tracking links:
http://www.apecode.com/cgi-bin/kuehn...ack=801XXXXXXX
http://www.tnt.com/webtracker/tracki...ons=801XXXXXXX

Just replace 801XXXXXXX with your Delivery Number.
Working great for me!

dodo_nutter
Dedicated MacNNer
May 4, 2004, 04:47 PM

All you people in the UK are getting yours and all i no is that TNT has mine somewhere!!! no info on the TNT tracking page but at least its not showing 'not found' anymore!!! Come on TNT drive like the wind i want it now now NOW!!!

Phil the Fish
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 4, 2004, 05:15 PM

Originally posted by Phil the Fish:
-- snip ----
It's going to be a Loooonnnng night.....
Turned out to be a very long day as well!!!! ..... packages went from 3 to 2 overnight , with TNT finally coming good tonight ... having rounded up all three packages .... mind you as I was working all day couldn't do much even if it had turned up on time ......
Items were shown having left the depot at 8am ..... arrived 5 miles down the road to home... just over 10 hours later..... guess they were just trying to emulate a slow boat from China!!!!

Anyway .... all looks good having just unpacked it .....
hope everyone elses turns up very soon ......

Phil
Phil the Fish

Andrew Stephens
Mac Elite
May 5, 2004, 03:08 AM

Thanks for the links albook.

My number shows that my book is in transit between Taiwan and LMB. Shipped out on the 3rd. I guess this means it will be in LHM today. Maybe with me Friday

Only trouble is this is second time round the loop. Last week it showed on Apples systems as shipped on the 26th to be in LHB on Friday and with me Tues/Wed. All I can hope that this time the system works.

Now its a week later and it's back in Taiwan again!! Maybe thay forgot to take it of the plane.

All in all, with 2 failed repairs on my TiBook, it's getting over a month with no laptop, which, having taken out Applecare is verging on the unnacepatble. It's only the fact that they are sending me a new upgraded machine that's stopping me going ballistic on this!

The guy at apple care told me that a while ago someone in Taiwan took the word "ship" at face value and put 25,000 ipods on a boat to Europe (6 weeks) instead of a plane (1 day). Guess that may help explain some supply problems

dodo_nutter
Dedicated MacNNer
May 5, 2004, 05:35 AM

Well im sitting here and my book is 'out for delivery' but i gotta go to college in 25 minutes!!! this is agonizing...i REALLY dont wana have to schedule a delivery for 2moro!!!

AHHHH!!!!
Soon we'll be out, amid the cold worlds strife,
Soon we'll be sliding down the razor blade of life

troymurray
Dedicated MacNNer
May 5, 2004, 06:05 AM

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Email sent this morning:

Dear Valued Apple Customer,

We appreciate your recent Apple Store Order WXXXXXXX

Due to an unexpected supply delay, we are unable to ship the following item(s) by the date that you were originally quoted:

B7769LL/A, BNDL .MAC RETAIL PROMO-USA
will now ship on or before 05/12/2004

Z08C04K03, PBG412.1/1.33GHZ/256/80G/SD/AP/BT/LL
will now ship on or before 05/12/2004

Will it ever get here? If I didn't need that 80GB disk I'd go to CompUSA tomorrow and buy one! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH@
Troy Murray

bashi
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 5, 2004, 10:18 AM

Waiting my own powerbook, hopefully it get's here by
friday.

Currently K&N Tracker shows:

05 may 04 truck arrived at final destination Apple Shanghai (guess that's just a bogus : )
04 may 04 30 10 departed direct KN Luxemburg
29 apr 04 30 60 departed from product source Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai
29 apr 04 05 00 boxes scanned Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai
29 apr 04 00 05 Data received from supplier Apple Shanghai

So it's in luxemburg and I presume in the hands of TNT. Tnt tracker doesn't show any info about it - yet.

Hope they'll fly it quickly to finland. Luckily tnt's office and airport is just few hundred meters away from my workplace.

Though, I will be disappointed if it doesn't get to me by friday.
-I would rather switch.

dodo_nutter
Dedicated MacNNer
May 5, 2004, 10:30 AM

well mine left the netherlands, arrived in the uk and went out on delivery over night but i missed it!!! they phoned me and i arranged to get it delivered tomorrow but i forgot to ask if i could collect. does anyone have a TNT contact number or even know if you can go collect it yourself!?!?!?!

Please i want my PB now!

bashi
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 5, 2004, 10:35 AM

Can't you phone them?

You can find the info here:
http://www.tnt.com/feedback/feedback...ericSiteIdent=
-I would rather switch.

dodo_nutter
Dedicated MacNNer
May 5, 2004, 10:56 AM

well i've scowered their website and i cant find a phone number...maybe they dont wana be phoned!!! probably im just being blind but whatevers going on i cant find anything

dodo_nutter
Dedicated MacNNer
May 5, 2004, 10:58 AM

okay...just looked at that link...at the top of the page is a phone number!!! im just bein a dumbass!! Thank you!

Forum Links
Forum Rules