Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iCal Alarm Problem

iCal Alarm Problem
ooninay
Jun 19, 2005, 05:16 PM

I think there is a problem with iCal's alarms whereby, under certain circumstances, they do not go off. I missed a couple of events that I had set up iCal reminders for and at first I thought I had just made a mistake, but on further investigation I'm able to duplicate this problem. I'm wondering if anyone else is able to duplicate this on their Macs:

1. Set an appointment for an event at least 24 hours from now and set the alarm for 18 hours before the event occurs.
2. When the 18-hour alarm comes up, set it to remind you again two hours before the event.

The problem is that the second alarm never occurs.

Other details of my computer:

iMac G5
OS X Tiger 10.4.1
iCal 2.0.1
I leave iCal running all the time with the calendar window closed most of the time (so that the icon in the dock has the correct date).
My computer is always on and set never to sleep.

Ludovic Hirlimann
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 21, 2005, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by ooninay
I think there is a problem with iCal's alarms whereby, under certain circumstances, they do not go off. I missed a couple of events that I had set up iCal reminders for and at first I thought I had just made a mistake, but on further investigation I'm able to duplicate this problem. I'm wondering if anyone else is able to duplicate this on their Macs:

1. Set an appointment for an event at least 24 hours from now and set the alarm for 18 hours before the event occurs.
2. When the 18-hour alarm comes up, set it to remind you again two hours before the event.

The problem is that the second alarm never occurs.

Other details of my computer:

iMac G5
OS X Tiger 10.4.1
iCal 2.0.1
I leave iCal running all the time with the calendar window closed most of the time (so that the icon in the dock has the correct date).
My computer is always on and set never to sleep.
Nice description of a bug, with such dscription the developers should be able to fix this fairly easily, they just need to be aware of it.
Please repport this to apple at bugreport.apple.com (registration is free).

ooninay  (op)
Jun 22, 2005, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Ludovic Hirlimann
Nice description of a bug, with such dscription the developers should be able to fix this fairly easily, they just need to be aware of it.
Please repport this to apple at bugreport.apple.com (registration is free).
Thanks for the suggestion and the link. I'll do that! -- Les

Forum Links
Forum Rules