Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > question about warranty/applecare coverage

question about warranty/applecare coverage
hookem2oo7
Senior User
Aug 14, 2007, 04:20 AM

I have a 2.16 C2D MBP that I purchased Feb. of this year that has a few minor problems. The problem that worries me the most is the left side of the LCD hinge is loose and makes creaking noises. The other two problems are cosmetic, but still bother me. The finish has corroded/worn off of the button to open the lid, and the power button is sunken into the top casing by a couple of millimeters.

I plan on taking it into the Apple store tomorrow, but I was wondering if any of you have had similar problems, and if so, what did they say/do about it at the store? I do have AppleCare, and the machine is still in it's 1st year that should be covered anyways...

hookem2oo7  (op)
Senior User
Aug 15, 2007, 10:22 PM

just in case anyone was wondering, the genius i had an appointment with said the smashed in power button was pretty common, and he had seen quite a few of the loose hinges. He said he'd never seen the corrosion on the latch button, but he included that for replacement as well...

Forum Links
Forum Rules