Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Automating PDF transfer to Good Reader from ScanSnap

Automating PDF transfer to Good Reader from ScanSnap
m021478
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 9, 2010, 02:02 PM

I use a Fujitsu scansnap to scan all of my documents to turn them into searchable PDF files. I figured out the other day that with the use of the Good Reader iPad app, that I could very easily scan a document and in a matter of seconds be viewing that document on my iPad. The process involved manully dragging scanned documents onto the Good Reader app in the iPad Apps tab (below your listed of apps you've checked for install).

What I would like to know is if there's a way that I can use an applescript, and automator action, or even a third-party app like Hazel, to automate the process of taking every newly scanned document and syncing it over to Good Reader... without the need for user intervention.

The idea being that I could press the scan button on my scanner and without any additional user intervention required, I could have that scanned document synced over to my iPad.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!
-------------------------------------------
Please don't tell me to "search the forums" before posting. I can assure you that I already have!

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Apr 9, 2010, 03:04 PM

Best method: save to Dropbox.

I don't think you can automate it more.

Especially since any automation would still require a sync of the iPad with iTunes, which is far more work than grabbing the PDF out of your Dropbox with GoodReader.

-t

JohnM15141
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 9, 2010, 04:33 PM

You can set you iPad up for wifi-transfer in the good reader app. There's a description for how to set it up in the user manual: goodiware.com :: products :: GoodReader :: Manual :: WiFi

It'll make it easy to xfer files if you have a home wireless network or an airport card in your Mac.
----------------------------------------------------------
"He who is tired of Weird Al, is tired of life"
Homer J. Simpson, the 90's
----------------------------------------------------------

Forum Links
Forum Rules