Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Portable Printers?

Portable Printers?
mkral
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 19, 2003, 11:33 AM

I'm looking for a printer that I can use with my ibook on the road. I am a travelling salesman & right now I hand write orders & when I get home at night, I enter them into Quickbooks. I am thinking of just typing them directly into Quickbooks as I get orders, but would need a portable printer (or at least one with a small footprint) to keep in my van.

Does anyone have experience with one of these printers, or can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks,
Mark

Back up 15 and punt
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 19, 2003, 02:21 PM

Originally posted by mkral:
I'm looking for a printer that I can use with my ibook on the road. I am a travelling salesman & right now I hand write orders & when I get home at night, I enter them into Quickbooks. I am thinking of just typing them directly into Quickbooks as I get orders, but would need a portable printer (or at least one with a small footprint) to keep in my van.

Does anyone have experience with one of these printers, or can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks,
Mark
Give HP's Deskjet 450 a look. This is a fine printer that has excellent text and graphics and prints photo's (if this is important) at the same resolution as their photosmart printers. It is a little pricey but has been one of the hottest portables out their.

mkral  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 19, 2003, 03:13 PM

thanks, I'll take a look

Target Practice
Forum Regular
Apr 19, 2003, 03:39 PM

The Canon i70 is brand new and blows away the others in the category, including the HP 450. And, it's nice looking, too.

Look at actual print samples before you buy -- the Canon raises the bar.

Back up 15 and punt
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 20, 2003, 08:45 AM

Originally posted by Target Practice:
The Canon i70 is brand new and blows away the others in the category, including the HP 450. And, it's nice looking, too.

Look at actual print samples before you buy -- the Canon raises the bar.
Better yet. Try printing a document your familiar with from a laptop. This will be the only way you will be-able to tell the real differences.

Forum Links
Forum Rules