Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Wow someone's exicited!

Wow someone's exicited!
adamberti
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 26, 2003, 02:21 AM

Someone passed this link on to me, did a search for it on the forums here, and couldnt find anything, so I thought I'd pass it on. It's documentation of a PB 17" arrival.

spaced
Forum Regular
Apr 26, 2003, 07:14 AM

This is so dorky... but I secretly love it.

I wonder how FedEx drivers feel about being stalked by Mac users waiting for their new machines? I'd be kinda freaked out to pull up in my truck and have some guy run outside with his camera.

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 26, 2003, 08:03 AM

I've got to say the driver who delivered mine was having one of these WTF? moments when I opened the door to him before he even had a chance to ring the doorbell

videian28
Mac Elite
Apr 26, 2003, 04:03 PM

thats classic!

xylon
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 26, 2003, 04:12 PM

Ha! That was great. I'm not a big video editing guy, but does anyone know what program he probably used to make that? And what song was playing in the background?

^Thanks to sealobo
Viva le ScrollWheel!

azt33
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 26, 2003, 04:21 PM

Loved it! I want to know which song that was too, it was kinda relaxing.

javabeans
Forum Regular
Apr 26, 2003, 04:26 PM

I like the clip!
PB.17.1Ghz - iPod.10G

dreamBweaver
Forum Regular
Apr 26, 2003, 05:05 PM

IMHO the song sounded like something from Radiohead. I want to know what it is too!

sensorfreaky
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 26, 2003, 05:11 PM

Don't know the song but isn't that what plays when you first boot any recent new mac with OSX and enter the setup screen "welcome..." etc?

mgehman
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 26, 2003, 05:15 PM

Originally posted by dreamBweaver:
IMHO the song sounded like something from Radiohead. I want to know what it is too!
The song is the one that plays when you first set up a new Mac. It should be on an install disk from OS X.
I really think the video is pretty cool. That said I think who ever did it should really get out more often.
"The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably the day they start making vacuum cleaners."
- Ernst Jan Plugge
MacBook Pro 2.33GHzDC 3GB RAM

Target Practice
Forum Regular
Apr 26, 2003, 05:19 PM

Originally posted by dreamBweaver:
Actually, it's a Kruder & Dorfmeister re-mix of Sofa Rockers by Sofa Surfers. And, Apple chose this tune as background music for the set-up process following an OS X install. (I suppose that's why it was used for this movie).

Listen to it here.

schuey100
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 26, 2003, 05:25 PM

The song is used by Apple when you first set up your Mac. It is by an English Duo called Kruder and Dorfmeister. They have a ton of great stuff. I believe that track is on the K&D Sessions album.

schuey100
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 26, 2003, 05:26 PM

Originally posted by Target Practice:
Actually, it's a Kruder & Dorfmeister re-mix of Sofa Rockers by Sofa Surfers. And, Apple chose this tune as background music for the set-up process following an OS X install. (I suppose that's why it was used for this movie).

Listen to it here.
Ok, beat me to it

spaced
Forum Regular
Apr 26, 2003, 07:00 PM

Originally posted by xylon:
I'm not a big video editing guy, but does anyone know what program he probably used to make that?
Looks like he used iPhoto to put this together. You can add music and export a slideshow to QuickTime.

Eug
Clinically Insane
Apr 26, 2003, 07:09 PM

Originally posted by adamberti:
Someone passed this link on to me, did a search for it on the forums here, and couldnt find anything, so I thought I'd pass it on. It's documentation of a PB 17" arrival.
Heh, that's funny but sad...

The music is good though.

swsteckly
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 26, 2003, 07:30 PM

I've heard it in the credits of many movies. It's very cool - I think I'll pick up the CD. 16kbps just isn't cutting it...

Heck, 256kbps doesn't cut it!

GlobalNomad
Senior User
Apr 26, 2003, 07:45 PM

I myself saw the truck come on a Friday afternoon, It was late in the day and I was bummed out that I would have to wait the hole weekend. Then late that afternoon it came! I heard a rumbeling, here in Brisbane, Australia they use 'Star-Trek Express' and they have these really big moving trucks, almost the size of a 18 wheeler.

I was out the frount door before the truck was out my house. I was in the front yard, they neighbours around me look in aawww, (****ing forniner is what they were thinking) I was waiting at the back of the truck before they had even stop the truck. I was given my 12" and just ran into the house! My mom had to come out and sign her name to say the package was recieved .

Possible the greatest day of my life ! A computer to call my own, one of the most sexy laptops ever made! (only topped by the 17" ). And I bought it with my own money which makes me really appreceate it.

Long Live the PowerBook

(I was about to say viva la Powerbook but I have become very anti French, I am not racist I hate everyone equally )

-------------------
(In regards to the '****ing forinor' remark I am an American Living in Australia)

bbales
Mac Elite
Apr 26, 2003, 09:41 PM

I loved it!! I made my 13-year-old watch it. She liked it, but she said, "some people are really nuts."

Yeah -- but I have to wrest my 12-in PB from her on many evenings...

GlobalNomad
Senior User
Apr 26, 2003, 09:47 PM

Originally posted by bbales:
I loved it!! I made my 13-year-old watch it. She liked it, but she said, "some people are really nuts."

Yeah -- but I have to wrest my 12-in PB from her on many evenings...
I can picture it now...

Daddy your a geek arn't you...

--------------
Your like the farther I never had
(I showed it to my dad and he just didn't understand. Why would someone take a picture of a computer?)

bbales
Mac Elite
Apr 26, 2003, 10:15 PM

Well, Mommy's a geek. Dad's a Windows guy. Sigh.

chrisutley
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 26, 2003, 11:41 PM

That is pretty f'd up right there.
MacBook and iMac Core 2 Duo 24"

swsteckly
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 27, 2003, 03:18 AM

I was about to say viva la Powerbook but I have become very anti French, I am not racist I hate everyone equally
Expressing a political view is necessary in the context of this thread, why?

djjava
Senior User
Apr 27, 2003, 01:05 PM

Originally posted by Mastrap:
I've got to say the driver who delivered mine was having one of these WTF? moments when I opened the door to him before he even had a chance to ring the doorbell
i had my PB17 shipped to my office, so for two days I peaked my head over my cubicle every time the door opened. After a while, my coworkers would open the door just to get me to look up... then they got even meaner and started to say "FedEx..." when they opened the door.

I got my revenge when opened the box and displayed the glory that is my Powerbook...
http://www.pardonmyenglish.com "Spreading the Conservative Word...In English Only."
RevA PB17 with Panther, Lacie d2 160gb, 4G iPod, Vectorworks 10.5

beanman
Forum Regular
Apr 27, 2003, 06:38 PM

Wow, now I don't feel so bad about my pics! Good to see more people enjoying their PowerBook!

PowerBook 17" | 1GHz | 1Gb RAM | 60G

Forum Links
Forum Rules