Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Pol Lounge General News Thread of "This doesn't deserve it's own thread"

Pol Lounge General News Thread of "This doesn't deserve it's own thread" (Page 28)
Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 20, 2017, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
It sound like anyone they disagree with is a Nazi.
When you don't have enough villains, you have to create them, I guess. Republicans should pray it keeps going, because the appearance of all this is so bad, they'll stay in power forever.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr

el chupacabra
Mac Elite
Aug 20, 2017, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
They were telling nazis to go home. Which they did.

Boston stood up for those who have been targeted for hate by the white nationalists. The protesters were jews, black people, brown people, and white people. And about 30 idiots.

http://whdh.com/news/free-speech-ral...boston-common/
From the article you posted, they were only able to catch 33 violent leftists. Meaning the other few hundred vandals got away.

From your article
"Counter-protest attendees told NBC News they viewed the free speech rally, taking place at the same time, as code for hate speech. ....
figures, that's what we call anything that doesn't line up with leftist propaganda these days.
....John Medlar, one of the organizers of the free speech rally, previously told multiple media organizations the rally is not intended for white supremacists, neo-Nazis or members of the Ku Klux Klan. He also said the rally is not for those who attended the violence in Charlottesville. "
"Counter-protesters gathered near Boston’s Malcolm X Boulevard, chanting "Whose streets? Our streets!" and "No Trump, No KKK, No Fascist USA.” They also held signs that read: "Resist," "Black Lives Matter," and "Get the hell off my lawn, you bigots." "
Seems like they're just barking ALL the typical liberal nonsense and causes.

"There were barricades that kept the dueling protests about 40 yards apart and they implemented an exit plan for the free speech rally attendees.
"We got the First Amendment people in and we got them out," Evans said"
Sad that they needed an exit plan for to keep the free speech conservatives safe from the violent leftists.

Counter-protesters Jeff and Amelia, a couple from Somerville, Massachusetts, who did not give their last names, were seen wearing the yellow Star of David, also known as a Jewish badge. Jewish people were forced to wear the badge by German Nazis, which was used to humiliate and segregate Jewish people.
"I never ever in a million years thought that I’d be waking up to protest Nazis, but I’m here and I’m doing it," she added.
Are these people really so incredibly stupid they think we're about to become Nazi Germany and oppress Jews again? Or are they just desperate for attention (or perhaps real oppression) in a society where a race to become the biggest victim is the new fad?

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 20, 2017, 11:30 PM

It sound like anyone they disagree with is a Nazi.
Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
When you don't have enough villains, you have to create them, I guess. Republicans should pray it keeps going, because the appearance of all this is so bad, they'll stay in power forever.
This sums it up.
45/47

el chupacabra
Mac Elite
Aug 20, 2017, 11:48 PM

… .
( Last edited by el chupacabra; Jan 5, 2024 at 01:25 AM. )

subego
Clinically Insane
Aug 21, 2017, 01:46 AM

Perhaps the speakers weren't Nazis, but it was heavy on the trolls.

You have a guy who's famous solely for beating up protesters at Berkeley, some InfoWars schmoe, and before he bailed, friggin Sol Invictus.

"I'm not a Nazi, I'm a professional asshole... lookit all the dumbass liberals who don't know the difference!"

subego
Clinically Insane
Aug 21, 2017, 02:01 AM

We crashed another destroyer?

Paco500
Professional Poster
Aug 21, 2017, 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by el chupacabra View Post
figures, that's what we call anything that doesn't line up with leftist propaganda these days.
Leftist propaganda? Is that what you call everything that doesn't line up with conservative dogma?

So you use inflammatory rhetoric to lash-out at those who use inflammatory rhetoric to lash-out at those who use inflammatory rhetoric.

How does this end?

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Aug 21, 2017, 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
They weren't nazis, but some on the Left will never be convinced. Their problem is, there simply aren't enough real nazis around to satisfy their outrage, they're attacking anyone Right of center instead.
They've read the likes of this:
https://www.good.is/articles/trump-s...e-nationalists

There was another one saying over 70% of Trump fans think his response to Charlottesville was perfectly adequate. And for the millionth time, those 'right of centre' are enabling and empowering the Nazis.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Aug 21, 2017, 04:42 AM

This sums it up.
Its about time they said that. If you vote with the Nazis, you might as well be one.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Aug 21, 2017, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
We crashed another destroyer?
This raises red flags. Is someone ****ing with us?

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 21, 2017, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
Its about time they said that. If you vote with the Nazis, you might as well be one.
That's odd considering the left is gung ho on Planned Parenthood and it's Nazi inspiring eugenics founder Sanger. You want to fight racism, fight PPA and it's international affiliates.

Talk about Nazi policies, try this on for size.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/down-syndrome-iceland/

With the rise of prenatal screening tests across Europe and the United States, the number of babies born with Down syndrome has significantly decreased, but few countries have come as close to eradicating Down syndrome births as Iceland.

Since prenatal screening tests were introduced in Iceland in the early 2000s, the vast majority of women -- close to 100 percent -- who received a positive test for Down syndrome terminated their pregnancy.
( Last edited by Chongo; Aug 21, 2017 at 01:41 PM. )
45/47

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Aug 21, 2017, 11:13 AM

Talk about a reach.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Aug 21, 2017, 08:10 PM

Thats the point of the screening tests isn't it?

I can't imagine there is much point trying to persuade an anti-abortionist. I'm ok with that statistic, you're not. Agree to disagree.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 21, 2017, 10:43 PM

I can't imagine there is much point trying to persuade an anti-abortionist. I'm ok with that statistic, you're not. Agree to disagree.
What is screened for next? Club foot? Cleft palate? Spina Bifida? Does aborting the baby become mandatory by force of law for a positive diagnosis of genetic or physical abnormalities?

Is this the kind of world you want?
( Last edited by Chongo; Aug 22, 2017 at 05:00 PM. )
45/47

subego
Clinically Insane
Aug 22, 2017, 01:19 AM

I'm ultimately fine with it too, but in terms of whether this makes me a eugenicist, it's like the old joke... we've already determined what I am, we're just negotiating price.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Aug 22, 2017, 05:28 AM

Cleft palettes can be corrected pretty easily these days. Knowingly bringing a child into the world with a debilitating condition one that will cause them great pain and suffering, thats a helluva thing to choose.

P
Aug 22, 2017, 05:49 AM

What is screened for next? Club foot? Cleft palate? Spina Bifida? Does aborting the baby become mandatory by force of law for a positive diagnosis of genetic or physical abnormalities?
Let me guess, you haven't seen that movie?

The entire point of the genetic engineering going on there has nothing to do with laws, and nothing to do with abortion. The setup is that parents use IV fertilization with genetic screening to pick the best possible genes for their child the same way some parents are crazy about getting in to the right preschool and whatnot. This is all driven by employers doing gene testing at employment interviews and selecting based on that.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 22, 2017, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by P View Post
Let me guess, you haven't seen that movie?

The entire point of the genetic engineering going on there has nothing to do with laws, and nothing to do with abortion. The setup is that parents use IV fertilization with genetic screening to pick the best possible genes for their child the same way some parents are crazy about getting in to the right preschool and whatnot. This is all driven by employers doing gene testing at employment interviews and selecting based on that.
Yes, I have seen the movie. Did you watch the clip? This is an extended scene with deleted footage. The geneticist says after her eggs were fertilized and screening, they were left two boys and two girls. In deleted footage they say they want grandchildren (I screened for that) and she asks about the fate of the other embryos. Everything is genetically screened in Gattaca, even dating. All part of a eugenic culture. At least Vincent wasn't killed at birth like what is occurring in The Netherlands.
http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp058026

Cleft palettes can be corrected pretty easily these days. Knowingly bringing a child into the world with a debilitating condition one that will cause them great pain and suffering, thats a helluva thing to choose.
Life unworthy of life?
( Last edited by Chongo; Aug 22, 2017 at 03:16 PM. )
45/47

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 22, 2017, 02:57 PM

It's sick to think that people with Down Syndrome are in great pain or suffering, and indicative of someone who's never been around said people. While they can have emotional outbursts, when raised by loving people they're some of the sweetest, happiest individuals you'll ever meet. I've even heard some say they're overly affectionate. The "problem" is that they're admittedly more difficult to raise and "inconvenient" and most only want perfect children. We had a DS child at the children's home and she was precious, though occasionally temperamental. We discussed permanently adopting her, but another family did.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Aug 22, 2017, 04:36 PM

Actually I was thinking more of Spinabifida which I understand can severely warp your spine and cause tremendous discomfort.

P
Aug 22, 2017, 04:38 PM

Yes, I have seen the movie. Did you watch the clip? This is an extended scene with deleted footage. The geneticist says after her eggs were fertilized and screening, they were left two boys and two girls. In deleted footage they say they want grandchildren (I screened for that) and she asks about the fate of the other embryos. Everything is genetically screened in Gattaca, even dating. All part of a eugenic culture. At least Vincent wasn't killed at birth like what is occurring in The Netherlands.
http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp058026
I have seen it before, and the extended clip doesn't change the basic fact that all of these things are done by parents of their own free will, while your statement talks about making it a law to abort "undesirables". Different things. I can see how someone who believes that life begins at the union of sperm and ova would find it disgusting, but what you are describing in your post is something else entirely.

The linked piece about euthanasia in the Netherlands doesn't speak about undesirable conditions but about infants with zero chance of survival outside of intensive care or - the main thrust of the piece - those in unbearable suffering. Not at all what the Gattaca clip is about.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 22, 2017, 04:58 PM

Actually I was thinking more of Spinabifida which I understand can severely warp your spine and cause tremendous discomfort.
My nephew was born with Spinabifida. He's wan't expected to live more than a year. That was 43 years ago. I took care of him on a daily basis until my sister moved out of my mothers house. That was from when I was 15 to 18.
45/47

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 22, 2017, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by P View Post
I have seen it before, and the extended clip doesn't change the basic fact that all of these things are done by parents of their own free will, while your statement talks about making it a law to abort "undesirables". Different things. I can see how someone who believes that life begins at the union of sperm and ova would find it disgusting, but what you are describing in your post is something else entirely.

The linked piece about euthanasia in the Netherlands doesn't speak about undesirable conditions but about infants with zero chance of survival outside of intensive care or - the main thrust of the piece - those in unbearable suffering. Not at all what the Gattaca clip is about.
My bad. I edited he original post. I forgot to add the question "is this the kind of world you want?" There is concern CRISPR Is going to make this possible.
http://www.nature.com/news/uk-bioeth...r-cows-1.20713
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...signer-babies/

It is only a matter of time before Netherlands starts killing children born with mild deformities. Do you know Belgium signed off on allowing a heathy 24 YO to commit suicide?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-thoughts.html
( Last edited by Chongo; Aug 22, 2017 at 08:08 PM. )
45/47

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Aug 22, 2017, 10:34 PM

My nephew was born with Spinabifida. He's wan't expected to live more than a year. That was 43 years ago. I took care of him on a daily basis until my sister moved out of my mothers house. That was from when I was 15 to 18.
OK. Would you say he suffered more than someone without it? Physical pain and/or discomfort? Do you think it bothered him that he needed to be cared for by others instead of being able to be independent?
I can't speak for anyone else but I wouldn't want to be cared for to any great extent for any length of time. If I ever get to a point where others have to spoon feed me, change me, bathe me etc I'd rather just be gone and if I have the capacity, thats exactly what I'll do.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Aug 22, 2017, 10:39 PM

Is this the kind of world you want?
I'm curious, is there a religious based objection to designer babies? Editing genes immediately after fertilisation to remove disorders and conditions? To improve intellectual or athletic ability? Cosmetic preferences for hair, eye and skin colour?

Assuming the gene editor genuinely knows what they are doing which is debatable with current tech, where do you draw the line and why?

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 23, 2017, 12:02 AM

I'm curious, is there a religious based objection to designer babies? Editing genes immediately after fertilisation to remove disorders and conditions? To improve intellectual or athletic ability? Cosmetic preferences for hair, eye and skin colour?

Assuming the gene editor genuinely knows what they are doing which is debatable with current tech, where do you draw the line and why?
IVF seperates procreation from the conjugal act. It also creates far more embryos than are implanted, and can result in a multiple pregnanacy and "selective reductions."

http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/co...rsonae_en.html

A few excerpts
In vitro fertilization and the deliberate destruction of embryos

14. The fact that the process of in vitro fertilization very frequently involves the deliberate destruction of embryos was already noted in the Instruction Donum vitae.[26] There were some who maintained that this was due to techniques which were still somewhat imperfect. Subsequent experience has shown, however, that all techniques of in vitro fertilization proceed as if the human embryo were simply a mass of cells to be used, selected and discarded.
Embryos produced in vitro which have defects are directly discarded. Cases are becoming ever more prevalent in which couples who have no fertility problems are using artificial means of procreation in order to engage in genetic selection of their offspring.
16. The Church moreover holds that it is ethically unacceptable to dissociate procreation from the integrally personal context of the conjugal act:[29] human procreation is a personal act of a husband and wife, which is not capable of substitution. The blithe acceptance of the enormous number of abortions involved in the process of in vitro fertilization vividly illustrates how the replacement of the conjugal act by a technical procedure – in addition to being in contradiction with the respect that is due to procreation as something that cannot be reduced to mere reproduction – leads to a weakening of the respect owed to every human being. Recognition of such respect is, on the other hand, promoted by the intimacy of husband and wife nourished by married love.
Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)

17. Among the recent techniques of artificial fertilization which have gradually assumed a particular importance is intracytoplasmic sperm injection.[32] This technique is used with increasing frequency given its effectiveness in overcoming various forms of male infertility.[33]

Just as in general with in vitro fertilization, of which it is a variety, ICSI is intrinsically illicit: it causes a complete separation between procreation and the conjugal act. Indeed ICSI takes place “outside the bodies of the couple through actions of third parties whose competence and technical activity determine the success of the procedure. Such fertilization entrusts the life and identity of the embryo into the power of doctors and biologists and establishes the domination of technology over the origin and destiny of the human person. Such a relationship of domination is in itself contrary to the dignity and equality that must be common to parents and children. Conception in vitro is the result of the technical action which presides over fertilization. Such fertilization is neither in fact achieved nor positively willed as the expression and fruit of a specific act of the conjugal union”.[34]
45/47

P
Aug 23, 2017, 04:47 AM

My bad. I edited he original post. I forgot to add the question "is this the kind of world you want?" There is concern CRISPR Is going to make this possible.
http://www.nature.com/news/uk-bioeth...r-cows-1.20713
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...signer-babies/
The first part, that thing that is not in the deleted scene, is possible already for major illnesses. They are only reading the genes and picking "the best possible" of the "naturally" fertilized eggs. Some of the other stuff it is implying (like musicality and that little hint about grandchildren) are not possible yet and may not be genetically related at all - or at least not completely - and the note about editing the genes to remove illnesses would require CRISPR/Cas9, but the main thrust of the movie has been possible for a decade at least. It hasn't happened yet.

It is only a matter of time before Netherlands starts killing children born with mild deformities.
I promise that I will be upset if that happens, but I don't see it.

Do you know Belgium signed off on allowing a heathy 24 YO to commit suicide?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-thoughts.html
Since it is Daily Mail, I'm not convinced about the neutrality of the piece, but if we ignore that for a second... This is a grown woman who wants to kill herself. How is that relevant to a discussion about what the state may or may not want to do with infants or embryos? You started this thread by talking about eugenics and nazis doing things to other people, but your examples are about people doing things to themselves or, in the fictional Gattaca example, to their unborn embryos. That is far from an authoritarian state sterilizing its citizens.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Aug 23, 2017, 08:10 AM

IVF seperates procreation from the conjugal act. It also creates far more embryos than are implanted, and can result in a multiple pregnanacy and "selective reductions."

http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/co...rsonae_en.html
I had no idea the conjugal act was considered so significant to reproduction. Once upon a time it would have been viewed as 100% essential of course.

I get that the discarding of viable embryos would be in breach of the rules but I didn't think the underlying principal would be. Obviously multiple embryos are created and in inserted to boost the chances of success during what is an expensive procedure. Its not unthinkable that technology will improve to the point it could be reliably done with only a single embryo one day but it seems even this would be against the rules.

Are infertile couples expected to accept that their inability to conceive naturally is simply God's will?

A few excerpts
Embryos produced in vitro which have defects are directly discarded. Cases are becoming ever more prevalent in which couples who have no fertility problems are using artificial means of procreation in order to engage in genetic selection of their offspring.
I'm not aware of this being true at all.

16. The Church moreover holds that it is ethically unacceptable to dissociate procreation from the integrally personal context of the conjugal act:[29] human procreation is a personal act of a husband and wife, which is not capable of substitution. The blithe acceptance of the enormous number of abortions involved in the process of in vitro fertilization vividly illustrates how the replacement of the conjugal act by a technical procedure – in addition to being in contradiction with the respect that is due to procreation as something that cannot be reduced to mere reproduction – leads to a weakening of the respect owed to every human being. Recognition of such respect is, on the other hand, promoted by the intimacy of husband and wife nourished by married love.
I get they don't like the abortion part, thats to be expected, but I didn't realise there was a sacred(?) link between the conjugal act and procreation. Obviously the link between sex and marriage is well known. They do like to err on the side of caution when ruling on new scientific possibilities don't they?

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 23, 2017, 08:57 AM

Are infertile couples expected to accept that their inability to conceive naturally is simply God's will?
Yes. As much as I wanted children we not able to. We did however help raise my nephews and nieces.
13. Certainly, techniques aimed at removing obstacles to natural fertilization, as for example, hormonal treatments for infertility, surgery for endometriosis, unblocking of fallopian tubes or their surgical repair, are licit. All these techniques may be considered authentic treatments because, once the problem causing the infertility has been resolved, the married couple is able to engage in conjugal acts resulting in procreation, without the physician’s action directly interfering in that act itself. None of these treatments replaces the conjugal act, which alone is worthy of truly responsible procreation.

In order to come to the aid of the many infertile couples who want to have children, adoption should be encouraged, promoted and facilitated by appropriate legislation so that the many children who lack parents may receive a home that will contribute to their human development. In addition, research and investment directed at the prevention of sterility deserve encouragement.
45/47

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Aug 25, 2017, 08:45 PM

Apparently the ideal time to sign the transgender ban, pardon Arpaio and have Gorka resign is on a Friday night while the US is hoping a hurricane lining up on Texas won't **** them all. Scumbags.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Aug 31, 2017, 02:21 PM

andi*pandi
Aug 31, 2017, 03:11 PM

Just like Melania and superman, I'm sure it only took a few seconds to change to appropriate footwear. In sandals he'd a been in the drink too.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Aug 31, 2017, 03:56 PM

InfoWars, RedState, Conservative Treehouse, American Thinker? Yeah I'll pay attention when a real news source says something.

subego
Clinically Insane
Sep 1, 2017, 02:34 AM

It's ultimately a piece of tape though. The "source" is really CNN.

I don't think it's definitive, but it's weird.

subego
Clinically Insane
Sep 1, 2017, 03:47 PM

Vice President Mike Pence rounds up faggots outside Houston

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Sep 5, 2017, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
It's ultimately a piece of tape though. The "source" is really CNN.

I don't think it's definitive, but it's weird.
So did any reputable news sources do an analysis of the fake claims? Reddit was pretty sure it was just two different guys.

subego
Clinically Insane
Sep 5, 2017, 05:10 PM

That's not an improbable explanation.

What makes it seem off is that the second person has similar hair, and we hear the voice of the reporter right as they walk off camera.

It's not correct to causally link those two events, but we've been highly trained to think the voices we hear on camera are coming from the person we see on camera.

The two person theory initially occurred to me, but that is why I (likely incorrectly) dismissed it.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Sep 6, 2017, 11:24 AM

I forgot what massive partisan dicks som GOPers were towards aid during Hurricane Sandy. Literally being against aid because the affected states were blue. Glad to see people on both sides bring it back up and rake them over to coals for it without threatening aid in return.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Sep 6, 2017, 11:57 AM

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Sep 6, 2017, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
What's another possibility?

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Sep 8, 2017, 11:00 AM

andi*pandi
Sep 8, 2017, 11:17 AM

From the article:

According to the data, 6,540 people registered to vote, and voted in the New Hampshire election, provided just out-of-state license.

Only 15 percent, roughly about 1,014 of the voters, have since obtained the in-state license, while 200 other people had since registered a vehicle in the state.

only, 196 people were under investigation for voting in two states.

Democrats have fired back at the new data, calling it an attempt to use “selective data and misinformation” to justify claims made by the White House about the voter fraud.

State Democratic Party Chairman Raymond Buckley claimed Jasper “selectively requested information about voters who registered with out-of-state licenses, an entirely legal and normal practice. They can easily be accounted for by college students and other new Granite Staters who deferred acquiring an in-state license or don't intend to drive in the state,” WMUR9 reported.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Sep 8, 2017, 11:45 AM

This thing got debunked like seconds after it came out.

You know what non-residents vote in elections all the time? College students.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Sep 8, 2017, 03:38 PM

Trump met with Russia's new ambassador today. We only know because of Russian state media.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Sep 8, 2017, 04:38 PM

Down goes Bolling

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Sep 18, 2017, 03:21 PM

It looks increasingly likely Sessions replacement will be an ethically challenged twice dismissed Supreme Court justice who is pretty crazy. This is the dumbest thing since Rick Scott and Marion Barry.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Sep 19, 2017, 11:09 AM

Military spending got a bigger boost than Trump requested by a bipartisan vote. Would love to hear Democrats explain this bullshit. And anyone as to why this necessary.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Sep 19, 2017, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Military spending got a bigger boost than Trump requested by a bipartisan vote. Would love to hear Democrats explain this bullshit. And anyone as to why this necessary.
Didn't Trump commit to stay in Afghanistan instead of leaving? Plus now you have to teach your Navy to stop crashing into stuff and then destroy North Korea.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 19, 2017, 05:08 PM

Sort of. He said conditions would dictate when to leave, not set dates. We are still in Korea over 60 years since the ceasefire.
45/47

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Sep 19, 2017, 06:40 PM

We are still in Korea over 60 years since the ceasefire.
Yeah, but it's not like we've been involved in military action there for sixty years. I mean, c'mon, there's no comparison.

Hell, I'll one up you: We've been Japan and Germany since the end of WWII. That's like 7 years more!

Forum Links
Forum Rules