Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Bush Wins

Bush Wins
IceBreaker
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 3, 2004, 02:17 AM

Fox News is now projecting that Bush will carry Ohio....

Go W!!!!!!!!!!!!

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 3, 2004, 02:18 AM

Use official election thread.

In before lock. +1
Bush Tax Cuts == Job Killer
June 2001: 132,047,000 employed
June 2003: 129,839,000 employed
2.21 million jobs were LOST after 2 years of Bush Tax Cuts.

sideus
Mac Elite
Nov 3, 2004, 02:32 AM

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Nov 3, 2004, 03:16 AM

Who gives a damn; get some sleep.
"You rise," he said, "like Aurora."

Webscreamer
Mac Elite
Nov 3, 2004, 03:17 AM

Anyone who would letterspace blackletter would steal sheep. - Frederic Goudy

jersey
Senior User
Nov 3, 2004, 03:21 AM

really?

try switching away from the plague of misinformation that is fox news and flip to cnn and get info that is a bit more reputable.

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Nov 3, 2004, 03:25 AM

A sad day it will be for the country if Bush pulls it. Looks like we'll just have to wait it out on Ohio.

Solomon Grundy
Nov 3, 2004, 03:28 AM

All I can say is good luck for the next four years if bush wins. I didn't want him to win but I figured he would, sad really. Thank god I don't live anywhere close to the usa.

jersey
Senior User
Nov 3, 2004, 03:31 AM

i knew i should have moved back to ohio after school *smacks self in forehead*

jersey
Senior User
Nov 3, 2004, 03:32 AM

Originally posted by Solomon Grundy:
All I can say is good luck for the next four years if bush wins. I didn't want him to win but I figured he would, sad really. Thank god I don't live anywhere close to the usa.
if he does win..... you got and extra room or somethin' ? i can cook real good.

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Nov 3, 2004, 03:32 AM

Originally posted by MindFad:
A sad day it will be for the country if Bush pulls it. Looks like we'll just have to wait it out on Ohio.

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency

Solomon Grundy
Nov 3, 2004, 03:37 AM

Originally posted by jersey:
if he does win..... you got and extra room or somethin' ? i can cook real good.
Sorry I am in the extra room already

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Nov 3, 2004, 03:39 AM

Originally posted by Captain Obvious:
I know, George has done nothing about Sudan.

Buckaroo
Professional Poster
Nov 3, 2004, 03:45 AM

really?

try switching away from the plague of misinformation that is fox news and flip to cnn and get info that is a bit more reputable.
CNN and CBS are the most distorted News sources in this country.

Ohio has reported 97% of its precincts reporting, Kerrry would have to overcome 125,000 vote lead that Bush has. He would have to get 100% of all the 3% left. The only precinct that he could count on for Democrat votes, have been counted.

CNN refuses to accept the facts. This is because they are sooo left wing slanted.

I never watch the Communist News Network.

jersey
Senior User
Nov 3, 2004, 03:55 AM

Originally posted by Buckaroo:
CNN and CBS are the most distorted News sources in this country.

Ohio has reported 97% of its precincts reporting, Kerrry would have to overcome 125,000 vote lead that Bush has. He would have to get 100% of all the 3% left. The only precinct that he could count on for Democrat votes, have been counted.

CNN refuses to accept the facts. This is because they are sooo left wing slanted.

if the final spread is 100k and there are 200+k ballots left..... why make a call? they could split, or be slanted, but there is no reason to call it a bush victory, it simply isnt.

as far as misinformation goes...... seriously, wake up. fox news has helped bush lie to you for 4 years, isnt it time to move on ?

jersey
Senior User
Nov 3, 2004, 03:57 AM

look at the map.....

the blue area; it's where people think, and discuss.

the red area; it's where they shoot groundhogs out the window while taking a sh!t.

Powaqqatsi
Mac Elite
Nov 3, 2004, 04:06 AM

Left is NOT necessarily communist. You have no idea how stupid that sounds when you say that left = communist.

Let's hope monkeyboy keeps his paws off the rest of the world in the coming four years. And that he does something about the horrible financial situation of your country.

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Nov 3, 2004, 04:07 AM

look at the map.....

the red area; it's where they shoot groundhogs out the window while taking a sh!t.
http://obsidianorder.blogspot.com/20...ing-votes.html

I'm sorry, where do you live and where did you earn your degrees?

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Nov 3, 2004, 04:07 AM

look at the map.....

ah, but we elect your president.

As I've said so eloquently before - if we suck, then you can only aspire to suck.

Kerry lost. Nobody is asking you to like it.

Buckaroo
Professional Poster
Nov 3, 2004, 04:10 AM

if the final spread is 100k and there are 200+k ballots left..... why make a call? they could split, or be slanted, but there is no reason to call it a bush victory, it simply isnt.

as far as misinformation goes...... seriously, wake up. fox news has helped bush lie to you for 4 years, isnt it time to move on ?
By the way, now 98% of all precincts have reported in. That is barely over 100,000 votes left. If they split 50/50 it won't do Kerry any good. The only precinct that Kerry could have gotten any slanted votes has been 100% counted. It's over. All other counties left lean towards Bush.

jersey
Senior User
Nov 3, 2004, 04:16 AM

http://obsidianorder.blogspot.com/20...ing-votes.html

I'm sorry, where do you live and where did you earn your degrees?

exactly;

"Rather, the Democrats are a city party and the Republicans are a suburban/rural party."

you know.... the city..... where we engage in commerce, discuss issues and current events. 90% of the major cities in the countries are blue. and if you poll every other major city in the world, they would elect kerry too.

oh... and my degrees came from oberlin and rutgers. thanks.

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Nov 3, 2004, 04:18 AM

The city - where people sit behind desks and shuffle papers and get fat.

edit: and don't even pump their own gas.

I've been to NJ and you guys couldn't give that place away. Just a bunch of fat pale clumsy people who fancy themselves as skiers.

jersey
Senior User
Nov 3, 2004, 04:19 AM

By the way, now 98% of all precincts have reported in. That is barely over 100,000 votes left. If they split 50/50 it won't do Kerry any good. The only precinct that Kerry could have gotten any slanted votes has been 100% counted. It's over. All other counties left lean towards Bush.
are you watching fox news on the headrest-tv in your minivan ?

jersey
Senior User
Nov 3, 2004, 04:22 AM

Originally posted by Spliffdaddy:
The city - where people sit behind desks and shuffle papers and get fat.

edit: and don't even pump their own gas.

the only fat people in nyc are the tourists. hence fat ass tourist season in-between spring and summer.

but seriously, i miss pumping my own gas.

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Nov 3, 2004, 04:27 AM

exactly;

"Rather, the Democrats are a city party and the Republicans are a suburban/rural party."

you know.... the city..... where we engage in commerce, discuss issues and current events. 90% of the major cities in the countries are blue. and if you poll every other major city in the world, they would elect kerry too.

oh... and my degrees came from oberlin and rutgers. thanks.

Exactly what? You mean the suburbs where the people who run and own the businesses that do the commerce live? The places with usually better school systems compared to the city? Where literacy rates are higher and crime rates lower?

Too bad for you all those other cities throughout the world don�t vote in U.S. elections.

Give it up. It�s over. Your visceral reactions and opinions in this area are pointless for another 4 years.

jersey
Senior User
Nov 3, 2004, 04:36 AM

Exactly what? You mean the suburbs where the people who run and own the businesses that do the commerce live? The places with usually better school systems compared to the city? Where literacy rates are higher and crime rates lower?

Too bad for you all those other cities throughout the world don�t vote in U.S. elections.

Give it up. It�s over. Your visceral reactions and opinions in this area are pointless for another 4 years.

you have lower crime rates because all your heroin addicted kids come to the city and o'd here.

when your uncle "w" comes knocking on your suburban door because it's draft time, have fun.

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Nov 3, 2004, 04:44 AM

you have lower crime rates because all your heroin addicted kids come to the city and o'd here.

when your uncle "w" comes knocking on your suburban door because it's draft time, have fun.
Just turned 28, I do not think I am eligible anymore. The fact you are ignorant enough to believe that a draft is probable in this day and age just reiterates the weakness of your opinions.
And I don't live in the burbs nor have I ever. You have actually lived in more sheltered areas than I have over your lifetime even if you are in NYC now.

ender2002
Senior User
Nov 3, 2004, 04:59 AM

eh, NYC has some of the best schools in the country. from pre-schools through college through graduate / medical / law. watch it man.

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Nov 3, 2004, 05:13 AM

Actually, NYC has some of the worst schools in the nation - according to pretty much any definitive source available. Here's an example of what I'm seeing >

According to the most recent census data, nationwide, 7.4 percent of women over the age of 25, or one in thirteen, achieved less than an 8th grade education. In New York City, the number is far worse, with 12.5 percent, or one in eight women, not making it past the 8th grade. Additionally, only 72% of women in the city earned a high school diploma, while nationwide the percentage is over 85%. This reality places the women of our city at a social and economic disadvantage.

Fortunately, there has been some movement in the right direction, with girls in our city's public schools nearly closing the gap in standardized test scores. In 2002, 35% of girls in the 3rd, 5th, 6th, and 7th grades scored proficient or advanced on the City Math Test as compared to 35.4% of boys. Girls outperformed boys on the combined state and city English Language Arts (ELA) Reading Test, with 42.8% scoring either proficient or advanced, compared to 36% of boys.[3]

http://www.pubadvocate.nyc.gov/html/...d_3-26-03.html

dillerX
Professional Poster
Nov 3, 2004, 05:14 AM

man you are a complete ****ing moron.
I tried to sig-spam the forums.
ADVANTAGE Motorsports Marketing, Inc. • speedXdesign, Inc.

moki
Ambrosia - el Presidente
Nov 3, 2004, 06:06 AM

really?

CNN is saying the same thing. Oops.
Andrew Welch / el Presidente / Ambrosia Software, Inc.

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Nov 3, 2004, 06:13 AM

As of 5:09 EDT, it looks like it's still too close to call. Bush is up by two, but neither candidate has the needed number of electorals. If Kerry wins Ohio, then he will just barely take the election, winning by one electoral vote If Bush takes it then he wins.

Dude. Again, I must give the man credit: no election involving Bush is ever dull.

[EDIT: Yes, the math in this post is screwed up. It's way too early in the morning for me to be doing this...]
( Last edited by Millennium; Nov 3, 2004 at 06:18 AM. )
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

Twilly Spree
Senior User
Nov 3, 2004, 06:17 AM

Ah, another four years with President Bush.

A decisive victory. Strange. I thought it would be closer.

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 3, 2004, 06:20 AM

Originally posted by Twilly Spree:
Ah, another four years with President Bush.

A decisive victory. Strange. I thought it would be closer.
It would be a decisive victory only if based on the popular vote. The electoral vote margin
Bush will win by does not make it a decisive victory.

I still say we eliminate the electoral college, though. The popular vote results would have been announced last night and I would not be up now.
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

Link
Professional Poster
Nov 3, 2004, 06:21 AM

bushie bushie bushie bushie bushie..

oh well at least only 4 more years
Aloha

CreepingDeth
Professional Poster
Nov 3, 2004, 07:00 AM

**** Yeah! Those stupid dykes will have to take those Kerry/Edwards buttons off now.

But it looks like the lawyers are gonna come out.

rambo47
Mac Elite
Nov 3, 2004, 07:15 AM

It's never too early for this one:

The official seal of the Democratic Party.

CreepingDeth
Professional Poster
Nov 3, 2004, 07:41 AM

Originally posted by rambo47:
It's never too early for this one:

The official seal of the Democratic Party.

Fixed.

Looks like the children are gonna say something like "We can get over your 180,000 lead with 50,000 provisional ballots!!!!1!" or something like that.
Let's hope the lawyers stay home.

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Nov 3, 2004, 07:53 AM

Originally posted by CreepingDeth:
Fixed.

Looks like the children are gonna say something like "We can get over your 180,000 lead with 50,000 provisional ballots!!!!1!" or something like that.
Let's hope the lawyers stay home.
They're saying 250,000, and I'll buy that. Let them have their count, and even a recount if they want one; that's only fair.

If they try the Endless Parade of Recounts tactic, however, then there's a problem.

This brings back my old idea for an Eminem filk: "Will the real Dick Cheney please stand up?"
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

IceBreaker  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 3, 2004, 09:26 AM

OHIO
100% of Precincts Reporting
George W. Bush 2,777,645 - 51 percent
John Kerry 2,632,547 - 48 percent

NATIONAL
95% of Precincts Reporting
George W. Bush 51% 56,732,387
John Kerry 48% 53,004,905

Big difference this time around is that Bush has won the popular vote as well.

davesimondotcom
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 3, 2004, 11:38 AM

look at the map.....

If it's a red area it's likely to be the place that raised the soldiers that are busy protecting your right to say such stupid damn things.

Gotta love this - if you don't agree with me you don't think. That's the attitude that has made the Republicans the majority in the Congress while maintaining the Presidency.

If someone voted for Kerry, I don't think they are dumb, I just think they disagree with me.
[ sig removed - image host changed it to a big ad picture ]

jersey
Senior User
Nov 3, 2004, 11:50 AM

Originally posted by davesimondotcom:
If it's a red area it's likely to be the place that raised the soldiers that are busy protecting your right to say such stupid damn things.

Gotta love this - if you don't agree with me you don't think. That's the attitude that has made the Republicans the majority in the Congress while maintaining the Presidency.

If someone voted for Kerry, I don't think they are dumb, I just think they disagree with me.

oh... you mean the soldiers that are saying things like " we shouldnt be here" and " we dont have the proper equipment to be safe" ?

Yes, I know where most of them come from, and they are doing a more honorable thing than you or I will ever do.

and there has been plenty of chatter of uping the draft age to 34.

but beyond all of this petty bs.... you have to look at what this administration may do now. The things that are the scariest are not regulating drug prices, not allowing foreign drugs to be imported and making abortion illegal again. that **** is scary.

itai195
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 3, 2004, 11:53 AM

Originally posted by davesimondotcom:
Speaking of saying stupid things...

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Nov 3, 2004, 12:21 PM

Try switching away from the plague of misinformation that is fox news and flip to cnn and get info that is a bit more reputable.
Apparently, Kerry has been watching Fox News as well my kneejerk partisan-blinded friend.
ebuddy

UR-20
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 3, 2004, 01:25 PM

Originally posted by Solomon Grundy:
I didn't want him to win but I figured he would, sad really. Thank god I don't live anywhere close to the usa.
Yeah I had a feeling he would too. The only thing his victory says to me, is that he was able to play on the fears of Americans better than Kerry could. That's all it comes down to in any U.S. election.
Find out what scares the populous, bring it into the light, and keep beating it into them that you are the only one who can protect them from what they fear most. Machiavelli would be so proud.

davesimondotcom
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 3, 2004, 02:32 PM

oh... you mean the soldiers that are saying things like " we shouldnt be here" and " we dont have the proper equipment to be safe" ?
How about the ones I know personally, not just through Fahrenheit 9/11 who are damn proud about what we have done in Iraq and Afghanistan? I would submit that they are the clear majority of the military and of the country (3.5 million vote margin proves this.)

Yes, I know where most of them come from, and they are doing a more honorable thing than you or I will ever do.
Damn straight. I am honored to know the Master Sgt. I know who has served for the majority of his 52 years. I was almost beyond words when he gave me his Rocky Mtn. Coalition: Operation Iraqi Freedom coin that he and his comrades carry/carried.

and there has been plenty of chatter of uping the draft age to 34.
There is NO DRAFT. Much less one with any age changes.

but beyond all of this petty bs.... you have to look at what this administration may do now. The things that are the scariest are not regulating drug prices, not allowing foreign drugs to be imported and making abortion illegal again. that **** is scary.
And the majority of Americans clearly agree with the Bush agenda more than what Kerry would have done.

Edit: fixed sloppy UBB code

Jansar
Professional Poster
Nov 3, 2004, 02:42 PM

Originally posted by UR-20:
Yeah I had a feeling he would too. The only thing his victory says to me, is that he was able to play on the fears of Americans better than Kerry could. That's all it comes down to in any U.S. election.
Find out what scares the populous, bring it into the light, and keep beating it into them that you are the only one who can protect them from what they fear most. Machiavelli would be so proud.
I'd like you to post JUST ONCE something that makes at least half bit of sense. I assume you're suffering from the "sore loser" syndrome. Go ahead, let it out! That's not going to change the vote, if you didn't know.
World of Warcraft (Whisperwind - Alliance) <The Eternal Spiral>
Go Dogcows!

davesimondotcom
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 3, 2004, 03:17 PM

Originally posted by UR-20:
So, like, "if you elect my opponent he'll reinstitute a draft" (even though there is no plan to do so, and absolutely no evidence there is one) or "my opponent will privatize social security and seniors will be left in the cold?"

Both sides play the game. Bush won because the majority of Americans voted for him. They each have their reasons for their vote.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 3, 2004, 04:32 PM

Oops...I thought this thread was about the Bush Twins!

"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Nov 3, 2004, 04:38 PM

Like, whoa, dogcow.

Forum Links
Forum Rules