Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > isight not working in ichat

isight not working in ichat
jnicholas
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 17, 2007, 11:56 AM

When I bring up the video preview in ichat on my MacBook Pro there is no image. The green light by the isight comes on but there is no image. Plugging in my old external iSight works fine. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

stravinsky1911
Mar 17, 2007, 09:28 PM

Sounds like a trip to the Apple Store to me - you have pretty much isolated the problem to the built-in camera.
timeline - SE/30, some crappy performa, original bondi iMac 233, TiBook500, macbook pro 2GHz

shining-nickel17
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 19, 2007, 01:35 AM

You could try resetting the open firmware...i can't remember exactly what it's called, but I had the problem once...you shut the machine down and disconnect everything including the power for 30 secs....then reconnect the power/keyboard/mouse and power it on...i can't remember exactly what this procedure is called, but it seemed to work...theres something about it on the apple site as well.

Forum Links
Forum Rules