Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Question about Recording Audio

Question about Recording Audio
rezrez
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 15, 2004, 06:45 PM

Hey All,

I want to record a radio show off the internet. Anyone know of what software I can use to do that? I would then like to burn it to cd.

Thanks.

P.S. Do all Ibooks have a problem with being uneven when you close the cover?? Just curious. Thanks Again!!!

KianD
Dec 15, 2004, 07:25 PM

uneven? My lid has never closed tightly, so I guess thats a design 'feature' - but I've never seen or heard of the lid not being even when it was closed.

rezrez  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 15, 2004, 10:36 PM

Originally posted by KianD:
uneven? My lid has never closed tightly, so I guess thats a design 'feature' - but I've never seen or heard of the lid not being even when it was closed.
Mayve i should rephrase that. Its not uneven, but it doesn't close as tightly as I would want it to close. It seems like its still kinda open on the sides...

Does that make sense to anyone?

D'Espice
Mac Elite
Dec 16, 2004, 08:13 AM

Yeah, same here
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one
pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside,
thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"

KianD
Dec 16, 2004, 11:54 AM

If I think I know what you mean - yes, its meant to be like that. My one and any other ones I've seen are anyway

Strix
Forum Regular
Dec 16, 2004, 03:31 PM

In answer to the question, try either RadioLover or iRecordMusic. Both apps will record Real, Quicktime, or Windows Media streaming content, and then convert it to MP3. To burn it to disk simply import the MP3 file into iTunes and then burn the CD.

Both apps can be found at:

http://www.bitcartel.com/index.html

MAC365
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 16, 2004, 07:34 PM

WireTap is the only thing I can get to work. Its really simple, any sound playing through your Mac will be recorded.

rezrez  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 16, 2004, 07:57 PM

Thanks for all that info. I was a little worried about my Ibook, but so far its been a great laptop! And thanks for the recording sites. I will check them out.

Rez

SSharon
Professional Poster
Dec 16, 2004, 11:02 PM

Originally posted by MAC365:
WireTap is the only thing I can get to work. Its really simple, any sound playing through your Mac will be recorded.
I like wiretap as well just be warned that it records ALL sound, that includes the noise it makes when you hit volume/up down, and includes the sound for when you get new mail or an IM, etc.

MAC365
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 17, 2004, 11:59 AM

" I like wiretap as well just be warned that it records ALL sound, that includes the noise it makes when you hit volume/up down, and includes the sound for when you get new mail or an IM, etc."

Yeah I noticed that. I actually took all the sound files out of the sound folder and replaced it with a silent aiff file (recorded in wiretap naturally). Now no annoying sounds when I alter volume for itunes etc. Never noticed mail making a noise but I get mail manually.

If only I could turn that annoying 'BONG' noise on start-up off (for free). So annoying if you restart a powermac with quite a powerful built in speaker at 3 in the night. I know you can turn the sound off but I keep forgetting. BONG !

Not the only annoying thing either about the mac. I also hate the way windows jump about when you drag a file from one to another when one is partly off the screen. It often lands on a folder you dont want and then you have to track it down. so annoying. And safari windows that keep jumping to the top of the screen when I want to move them down. arrrgg!

Forum Links
Forum Rules