Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Aughh!! No modem on 7500!!

Aughh!! No modem on 7500!!
sproutsie
Jun 1, 2002, 09:47 AM

Hi- ok, I have a 7500 with a G3 500 mghz upgrade, running OS 9.1, with 300-something amount of ram. This all works fine, apparently. However, I have one very annoying problem. I was running OS 8.5, and my Zoom 56k modem was working fine. I installed 9 and then 9.1 and the modem is no longer able to connect. I made sure the software was reinstalled that it came with (although I don't know if it is necessary), and I have checked all of the other stuff- modem control panel, connections, etc. When I try to connect, the lights on the front of the modem all flash happily, and then the little box saying the modem isn't responding, etc. comes up. Very frustrating!

If anyone has any ideas about this, give me a nod.

thanks!

<small>[ 06-02-2002, 06:51 AM: Message edited by: sproutsie ]</small>
I began casting around desperately for some kind of weapon- maybe an Italian tank with one gun in front and three in the rear in case of retreat, or a huge bush-hog.
-H.S. Thompson

drewman
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 4, 2002, 12:55 PM

Did AppleTalk get turned on for the serial port you are trying to use?

Andrew

sproutsie  (op)
Jun 6, 2002, 09:32 PM

No, I checked Appletalk, and it wasn't hogging the serial port. But now I have larger problems, since my main hard drive no longer shows up (I have to boot from a CD because I get the blinking question mark). I am waiting for 8.5 to be sent to me so I can reinstall it (I have 9 on it...no, I *had* 9 on it), at which point I am going to reinstall the old processor card, install the 8.5 and 8.6 OS's I need to get OS 9 back again, reinstall my Sonnet PCI upgrade card software, throw the G3 upgrade card back in, reinstall the modem software, and then perhaps the modem will work again. If not, I'll get drunk, and screw the modem.
I began casting around desperately for some kind of weapon- maybe an Italian tank with one gun in front and three in the rear in case of retreat, or a huge bush-hog.
-H.S. Thompson

Forum Links
Forum Rules