Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > So What's Happening With UT2003

So What's Happening With UT2003
Leonard
Professional Poster
Nov 15, 2002, 06:41 PM

So what's happening with UT2003 for the Mac? I haven't heard a peep about it in the last month it seems. Is a beta almost ready?
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro

daydreamer
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 16, 2002, 08:44 AM

Originally posted by Leonard:
So what's happening with UT2003 for the Mac? I haven't heard a peep about it in the last month it seems. Is a beta almost ready?
no one knows anything about the game, just that it would be finished by christmas.. but i highly doubt that, and i hope its a quality port, with only one person working on it.. its the linux guy from epic.. hope he has mac experience...

El Pre$idente
Banned
Nov 16, 2002, 06:53 PM

Originally posted by Leonard:
There aren't enough Macs owned with the necassary power at the moment for the port to be worthwhile. Once the power is there at consumer level then the port comes.

PeeCee guys have the power at Third World prices. A big market.

daydreamer
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 17, 2002, 05:51 AM

It is promised on mac by christmas, and it will run on 700mhz G4 with a GF2MX , it does on a pc with that config.. afcourse with options down, but it still looks very nice... but my friend doenst bother.. i hope they add optimizations, -and probably not-, dual support..

Jansar
Professional Poster
Nov 17, 2002, 06:27 AM

As most of us know, software companies that give release dates are not, well let me put it this way...right on with their timing. I only hope that it does get released by Christmas.
World of Warcraft (Whisperwind - Alliance) <The Eternal Spiral>
Go Dogcows!

yukon
Mac Elite
Nov 18, 2002, 12:30 AM

kinda sad really, such a high-profile game...better have SMP, or we'll have some very angry users, complaining of terrible performance and no 2nd processor usage.

well, some of my PC friends have been playing this since the leaked whatever months ago...some bought it a while ago...then there are my LINUX friends, who have been playing the demo. OH BOY, we're low on the priority list...
[img]broken link[/img]
This insanity brought to you by:
The French CBC, driving antenna users mad since 1937.

KeyLimePi
Mac Elite
Nov 19, 2002, 03:14 PM

I can't think of one OSX game that supports SMP.

iamnid
Senior User
Nov 19, 2002, 04:07 PM

giants and quake 3 use multi-cpu's in os x

daydreamer
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 19, 2002, 04:21 PM

Sof 2 In multiplayer and Jedi Knight 2 in multiplayer also support SMP; there is also one unanounced project at westlake that has untill now the most mac optimizations says Glenda Adams. so SMP could be there to. he.

Guy Incognito
Banned
Nov 19, 2002, 04:55 PM

Originally posted by daydreamer:
Sof 2 In multiplayer and Jedi Knight 2 in multiplayer also support SMP; there is also one unanounced project at westlake that has untill now the most mac optimizations says Glenda Adams. so SMP could be there to. he.
Glenda Adams says a lot of things...

Forum Links
Forum Rules