Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > [ANN] Tag 1.0 Released

[ANN] Tag 1.0 Released (Page 2)
120db
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 14, 2004, 06:22 PM

if the tabs come through, i'm buying for sure.

OptimusG4
Mac Elite
Jul 14, 2004, 07:04 PM

What I would like to see is something along the lines of what SubEthaEdit has...you can select multiple lines of code and then indent them/move back to original spot.

Chris Grande
Senior User
Jul 14, 2004, 08:25 PM

Oliver I found out what caused Tag to stop working... it was because I renamed it to Tag 1.1. Seems like a strange bug.

Originally posted by OptimusG4:
What I would like to see is something along the lines of what SubEthaEdit has...you can select multiple lines of code and then indent them/move back to original spot.
Great feature, I use that all the time. Also.. while we are all talking about web programs... I'm really interested in what Jan is doing with CSSEdit 2.0.

crystalthunder
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 14, 2004, 08:51 PM

Oh I'd really like that as well.
15" PowerBook G4 1.5 GHZ w/ 128MB VRAM
512MB DDR SDRAM 1 SODIMM
80GB 5400 RPM HD
Mac OS X 10.3.4

iOliverC  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 15, 2004, 02:22 AM

Good idea, I'll add this in 1.5.

Synotic
Mac Elite
Jul 15, 2004, 03:19 AM

Originally posted by Chris Grande:
Also.. while we are all talking about web programs... I'm really interested in what Jan is doing with CSSEdit 2.0.
I last heard some rumblings from Jan in the web dev forum... something about wysiwyg editing... who knows?

OptimusG4
Mac Elite
Jul 15, 2004, 01:01 PM

Oh another thing I noticed...not sure if its a bug or feature, but when I close a window and open another, it tiles. Wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to suffer with my work on a 14" iBook. I have the windows full screen, but its not annoying or anything cause I just hit the maximize button to get it back in place, but just wanted to mention it

iOliverC  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 15, 2004, 03:35 PM

Oh another thing I noticed...not sure if its a bug or feature, but when I close a window and open another, it tiles. Wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to suffer with my work on a 14" iBook. I have the windows full screen, but its not annoying or anything cause I just hit the maximize button to get it back in place, but just wanted to mention it
Hmm, I haven't really touched upon window tiling. I guess I could add a pref or something in 1.5. This might be fixed by the fact Tag 1.5 will support window position saving, Tag 1.1 currently only saves the frame size and positions it in the center.

Also, I just finished adding 'Shift Left' & 'Shift Right', now, due to limited timeframe, it's not as perfect as SubEthaEdit's.

For example, if a person has something like this (which a person shouldn't):

*Space* *Tab* *Tab* Text Goes Here

And you try and shift it left, Tag will have to first delete the *Space*, and then go into the *Tab*'s. So Tag is probably going to take a little longer to move things over, I'm not sure how SubEthaEdit does it. The only fix really is to use tabs to indent your code.

This feature should make it into 1.1, I've got to get some icons made for the toolbar items. When there done I'll post it back on here.

Thanks for the input,
Oliver

OptimusG4
Mac Elite
Jul 15, 2004, 04:19 PM

Sounds awesome, really looking forward to the updates! Oh, and I would like to see some 'made with' icons to promote the product

crystalthunder
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 15, 2004, 04:27 PM

Oh, and I would like to see some 'made with' icons to promote the product
Indeedily doodily.
512MB DDR SDRAM 1 SODIMM
80GB 5400 RPM HD
Mac OS X 10.3.4

iOliverC  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 15, 2004, 04:30 PM

Sounds awesome, really looking forward to the updates! Oh, and I would like to see some 'made with' icons to promote the product
I'll get 2 or so made up . Nice to hear people like Tag and want to show it too.

Thanks,
Oliver

OptimusG4
Mac Elite
Jul 15, 2004, 08:39 PM

Originally posted by iOliverC:
I'll get 2 or so made up . Nice to hear people like Tag and want to show it too.

Thanks,
Oliver
1) Good software
2) Active involvement by developer

Just a few reasons I like Tag.

iOliverC  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 16, 2004, 03:41 PM

Okay,

Quite a big update today, I decided earlier on today that the Snippets interface, was too cramped into one space, not allowing a lot of room for either the editing of a snippet or the snippets list. So, I've totally re-designed the Snippets panel whilst adding some much needed little fixes. Here are two screenshots:

Screen Number 1

Screen Number 2

The biggest new addition is that of the Filter, allowing you to quickly find your most used snippets. There is also the fact that when the text view is disabled, its now grey. This should stop some confusion that some users were having. I've also added a preference so users can stop the warning when deleting snippets.

If you want to download this version (its pretty stable) you can find it here.

Thanks,
Oliver

OptimusG4
Mac Elite
Jul 17, 2004, 07:00 PM

Sounds great. One thing I also noticed, after being open awhile and writing a lot of code, it tends to lag a lot when I try to move the cursor to a different line or when I want to highlight something. This happens with line numbering turned off. Other than that, I am really happy so far with this program and glad to have paid for it.

iOliverC  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 18, 2004, 05:12 AM

Sounds great. One thing I also noticed, after being open awhile and writing a lot of code, it tends to lag a lot when I try to move the cursor to a different line or when I want to highlight something. This happens with line numbering turned off. Other than that, I am really happy so far with this program and glad to have paid for it.
Sounds like a memory leak, I'll look into it.

I've added some more stuff to Snippets, you can now Import/Export Snippets. This means I can easily add default Snippets, including some powerful one's I've mixed up , for example, if you would like to maybe a list out of multiple lines, like so:

List 1
List 2
List 3

You can use a Snippet like:

<ul>
<%linestart%><li><%currentselection%></li><%lineend%></ul>

If you then select all the list, and insert a Snippet like the one above, you code should look like:

<ul>
<li>List 1</li>
<li>List 2</li>
<li>List 3</li>
</ul>

Also the snippet list now has a blue gradient selection, its also size 11 font, so you can fit more Snippets on-screen.

Thanks,
Oliver

iOliverC  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 18, 2004, 05:26 AM

Actually, I think it might be Live Preview. Do you have it on automatic update?

Thanks
Oliver

OptimusG4
Mac Elite
Jul 18, 2004, 07:58 AM

I sure do. I'll try playing with it and see what I come up with. I never really thought about that causing it but hey

Chris Grande
Senior User
Jul 18, 2004, 11:56 AM

Maybe the option of syntax coloring in the Snippets window?

iOliverC  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 18, 2004, 12:59 PM

Originally posted by Chris Grande:
Maybe the option of syntax coloring in the Snippets window?
You read my mind .

I have semi-syntax in already (of variables), I'll see if I can extend it to tags aswell.

Thanks,
Oliver

crystalthunder
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 20, 2004, 02:45 PM

When can we expect your new site to be online?
512MB DDR SDRAM 1 SODIMM
80GB 5400 RPM HD
Mac OS X 10.3.4

iOliverC  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 20, 2004, 05:03 PM

Originally posted by crystalthunder:
When can we expect your new site to be online?
Well, the whole company moving thing has gone out of the window, so its going to be Talacia still. I'm probably going to redesign it, the current site was more of a temp thing.

I'm going out of town for a week this Friday, so I won't be releasing 1.1 till I get back. I've added lots more stuff recently, making it more polished etc, for example:

[New] Added Import/Export to Snippets.
[New] Close Tag feature, allows you to automatically close an open tag by key command.
[New] Added Credits.
[New] New Snippets main menu.
[New] Duplicate Snippet.
[Fix] Pressing delete key in Snippets deletes Snippet.

Thanks,
Oliver

Horsepoo!!!
Banned
Jul 20, 2004, 06:09 PM

Oliver...this is a really cool app. High quality stuff. Keep up the good work, dude.

OptimusG4
Mac Elite
Jul 21, 2004, 08:52 AM

Sounds great. This along with future tab windows will make this app perfect for me.

Forum Links
Forum Rules